Windows 10: "Date Created" on files resets every time I save!

Discus and support "Date Created" on files resets every time I save! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I sort my music production files by Date created often to remember what I started and when. On my new PC I've found that "Date Created" is acting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/slickest12345, Sep 13, 2020.

1. "Date Created" on files resets every time I save!

I sort my music production files by Date created often to remember what I started and when. On my new PC I've found that "Date Created" is acting exactly like "Date Modified" when saving files. Where should I begin to look in terms of fixing this problem? Thanks!

submitted by /u/slickest12345
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/slickest12345, Sep 13, 2020

2. Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Reboot.me file having date created as 1997

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to check the system date and time and ensure that the time and date is correct. To check that you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Time and Language.
    3. Click on Set time Automatically and Time zone Automatically.

The folder is created during recovery process and it contains the system files.

You can run Microsoft Safety scanner on the computer to make sure that there is no infections on your computer.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Please refer

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    to download Microsoft Safety Scanner and run it.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 13, 2020
  4. pintree3 Win User

"Date Created" on files resets every time I save!

How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough

I used SKTimeStamp to change the dates of a file. However, I noticed it could only change 3 dates:
    Date Created
    Last Modified
    Last Accessed
    A search for such a utility often suggests "BulkFileChanger (BFC)" which seems to do the exact same thing: only these 3 dates.
    However, if I right click on a file, for example a Word file, there 2 other dates listed:
    Content Created
    Date last Saved

Hence the above two utilities are not good enough. Is there a utility (or way) out there to change all dates including the last 2 mentioned?

Thanks in advance.

pintree3, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

"Date Created" on files resets every time I save!

1. "Date Created" on files resets every time I save! - Similar Threads - Date Created files

2. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  3. when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update: when saving a file, date and time in file explorer "date modified" don't update. When i highlight the updated file and click properties, the correct "modified" date and time are shown, and in the setting section, everything as set as advised in previous responses to this...
  4. detached files being saved with current date and time instead of date and time created

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    detached files being saved with current date and time instead of date and time created: All detached files from email are being saved with current date and time instead of the actual date and time they were created. This is not a good way to track important documents forwarded by others. Looking in the meta data is not a productive solution. The correct dates...
  5. detached files being saved with current date and time instead of date and time created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    detached files being saved with current date and time instead of date and time created: All detached files from email are being saved with current date and time instead of the actual date and time they were created. This is not a good way to track important documents forwarded by others. Looking in the meta data is not a productive solution. The correct dates...
  6. detached files being saved with current date and time instead of date and time created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. every time I restart my computer there is a file created

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time I restart my computer there is a file created: I try to delete those files but when I restart it again, it appears again, It created an Extention in every browser on my computer, is this a virus?the extension looks like this...
  8. The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save.: The DATE MODIFIED is incorrect on every file or document that I save. Everything I have downloaded and saved today 03/10/2021 from 9:30am - now - 12:41pm is dated 1/16/2008 with times starting at 4:13pm. Please advise....
  9. Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?: i download files from watsapp and for some reason they are being downloaded with the wrong date and time. why is ithappening and how do i tix this problem. im using WINDOWS 10 Home edition...
  10. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...