Windows 10: Date doesn’t change, File History Status not updating after backup is completed

Discus and support Date doesn’t change, File History Status not updating after backup is completed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you notice that the date of the latest File History backup on your Windows 10 hasn’t changed after the last automatic back up operation, […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 23, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Date doesn’t change, File History Status not updating after backup is completed

WinClub, Jul 23, 2020

2. Unable to create File History backup with error: "File History doesn’t recognise this drive" on Windows 10

Hi Brain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a File History backup on your drive, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because the drive is not detected as a backup drive on Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Where have you tried to create the backup when you say: "old windows 7 backup and restore is still on the computer"?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Were you able to see all the files and folders on your computer before creating the backup?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft article about: What if something
    goes wrong in File History?
    and check if it helps.

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
  3. RanDembo Win User
    Windows 10 "last backup date"

• Has the information changed on your PC since the last file history backup?
      • There are changes, When I checked the destination drive updated data seems to be there, and backup size increases
      • The date of last backup reported by backup & file history stop changing (21 of March)
    • Is file history full? It may require all but the latest version cleaning up.
      • There is quota, I regularly clean the oldest versions from history
    • Have you turned off file history & turned it back on?
      • I tried now - no change
    • Have you run a manual file history backup?
      • I tried now - no change

RanDembo, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

File History restart

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

To change the backup drive for File History, the current process should be stopped. I suggest you to try the steps listed below to stop file history on an older drive and restart it on a new drive:

Change File History backup drive:

• Open Settings and navigate to Update & Security > Backup.
    • Click on More Options, scroll down to locate
      Backup to a different drive section, and choose Stop Using Drive.
    • Plug in the new storage drive, navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Backup,
      and choose Add a Drive.
    • Restart File History and configure it by referring to the article

File History in Windows

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Date doesn’t change, File History Status not updating after backup is completed - Similar Threads - Date doesn’t change

2. File History backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File History backup?: If I move a file from folder A already backedup in file history to a USB PenDrive to folder B, will it show up in folder B in FileHistory in the next backup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-backup/2135cd57-4a9e-4e43-9fd9-d1bbff65e057
  3. File history backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history backup: I am planning to upgrade my notebook. Ques is, I have my data saved as file history in an external drive. Will I be able to restore data into new notebook from this file history?...
  4. File history backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File history backup: Windows 10 v 2004.I notice when selecting Settings-Windows Update-Backup-the option to "add a drive" to back up using file history has been replaced with "Automatically back up my files"although not ON as default. How does this work to back up to a seperate drive? 158363
  5. File History for Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File History for Backup: Are there any complete instructions how File History works and how one is to retrieve documents when needed. Also how to eliminate files when File History back up drive is full. Thanks.... RDH...
  6. File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on....: File History Fails to backup Files. Not a single file is backup. Backing up Status is on. Screen[ATTACH]Shot of Error Log Enclosed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-fails-to-backup-files-not-a-single/df51b595-feab-46ec-9440-c50d0d1fee2f
  7. File History is not keeping my backups up-to-date

File History is not keeping my backups up-to-date: I'm new to Windows 10. I turned on File History and selected a network device (a NAS) as the destination. I set "Backup my files" to "every hour" and "Keep my backups" to "forever." The backups have been running for several days now. My PC runs at least 12 hours a day, so...
  8. Change the backup drive for File History

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the backup drive for File History: I'd like to change the backup drive for File History. How can I stop File History on the older physical drive and start File History on a new physical drive?...
  9. Unable to Backup / update File History

Unable to Backup / update File History: For a couple of months Backup and File History have not been working, even after a successful update to October which cured some problems. I think I have checked out most possibilities, including accessing and starting Backup both from Settings and via Control Panel. I...
  10. Backup file history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Backup file history: How do I set up File History to back up to an external hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/backup-file-history/2809c456-e34a-47f9-93ab-ea6c9188fd03"