Windows 10: Date field has been changed (incorrectly) for all movie (MOV and MP4) files

Discus and support Date field has been changed (incorrectly) for all movie (MOV and MP4) files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On 11/24/19, I noticed that all videos (from Nikon cameras) in File Explorer have the wrong time stamp in the Date field. All movies (MOV and MP4)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MB_999, Nov 24, 2019.

1. MB_999 Win User

Date field has been changed (incorrectly) for all movie (MOV and MP4) files

On 11/24/19, I noticed that all videos (from Nikon cameras) in File Explorer have the wrong time stamp in the Date field. All movies (MOV and MP4) have time stamps that are roughly 7 hours earlier than photos (JPG) taken at essentially the same time. This includes movies going back to 2004, 15 years ago.

Here's an example of what I see in File Explorer:

Name Date Type

DSCN0035.JPG 6/28/2019 11:50 AM JPG File

DSCN0036.MP4 6/28/2019 4:53 AM MP4 File

DSCN0037.MP4 6/28/2019 5:04 AM MP4 File

DSCN0038.JPG 6/28/2019 12:04 PM JPG File

The DSCN numbers are in order. The MP4 files, obviously taken in between the JPG files, have dates 7 hours earlier.

The above were taken by a camera purchased in 2019. But I see the same issue with files from 2004 taken by an old camera. For example, photos and movies taken at my child's 2004 birth show the same problem: The movies, taken within minutes of the photos, have a Date value 7 hours earlier.

I've had multiple cameras over the 15 years, so it's not related to cameras. For 14 years, all movies were MOV files from various Nikon cameras. The new Nikon camera does MP4, and the date problem is affecting the MP4 files, as well.

So something happened with File Explorer, or Windows, or something, that retroactively affected the "Date" field for all movie files.

:)

MB_999, Nov 24, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

.MOV file will not play

You have 2 options:
    1. Download and install Quicktime Player to play .mov: QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows OR
    2. Download and install Handbrake: HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder and convert .mov file to another format such as .avi or .mp4 then you can play with VLC or with Movies & TV App that came installed with Windows.

topgundcp, Nov 24, 2019
  3. al24li Win User
    Movies & Tv MP4,MKV and MOV Issue

Greetings.

My problem is that i started using the Movies & Tv App on Windows 10 and everything worked perfect. But suddenly stops playing mp4, mkv and mov movies. When i try to play the file, app opens and in a few seconds closes automaticly without shows any error or
    image.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks

P.D. - I can open the app normally and even see wmv,avi, files formats.

al24li, Nov 24, 2019
  4. KyleStong Win User

CONVERTING MOV FILES TO MP4

i have several flash drives with .mov files on them.

When I play them on my desk top computer (Lenovo PC), all I get is the audio and not the video.

What do I need to do to be able to view these .mov files, as well as convert them to an MP4

KyleStong, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Date field has been changed (incorrectly) for all movie (MOV and MP4) files - Similar Threads - Date field has

2. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  3. MOV-files with wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOV-files with wrong date: When I download files from iCloud on my windows computer to store in my file system in Windows, the MOW files always get wrong date and time. They get the time and date from the time I move them from iCloud. What is wrong?...
  4. MOV-files with wrong date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOV-files with wrong date: When I download files from iCloud on my windows computer to store in my file system in Windows, the MOW files always get wrong date and time. They get the time and date from the time I move them from iCloud. What is wrong?...
  5. MOV-files with wrong date

6. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  7. Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files

Movie and TV App will play old MOV files but not new MOV files: I have recently been moving files from my laptop to my PC. All my video files are in the MOV format because they were created from my phone. All the videos play from the Movies and TV app on my laptop. After I transfer the files from my laptop to my PC via flash drive, I...
  8. Can't Change Date of .MOV file because of 0xC00D3E8E Error Code

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Change Date of .MOV file because of 0xC00D3E8E Error Code: I'm trying to change the media created date of a .MOV file, because Microsoft Photos is using the wrong date to store the video so it's out of order. I'm getting an 0xC00D3E8E error message though and can't get around it. The video is on my home computer, so the file belongs...
  9. convert a MOV format to MP4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    convert a MOV format to MP4: how does one convert a MOV format to MP4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-a-mov-format-to-mp4/9b14794e-04f4-4b11-a11e-7dcca3016965
  10. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...