Windows 10: Date format on folders in explorer

Discus and support Date format on folders in explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have many folders in windows explorer that are showing American date format yyyy-mm-dd how do i change so they display dd-mm-yyyy. All settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by osg07, Jun 16, 2020.

1. osg07 Win User

Date format on folders in explorer

Hi I have many folders in windows explorer that are showing American date format yyyy-mm-dd how do i change so they display dd-mm-yyyy. All settings are uk including clock and date format.

:)

osg07, Jun 16, 2020

2. Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray

Hello,

I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I open
    File Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same date format as I'm using in the System Tray. I would like for File Explorer to use a different
    date format for Date Modified and Date Created properties. My questions are:

1. Is there a way to have different date formats for the System Tray and File Explorer?
    2. On the system tray I show the day of the week (long and not just the first 3 letters). Always on Wednesdays, the date will not show and the system tray will only show the time. Why is this? How can I fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Flyingsolo2020, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 How to change “New Folder” default name for folders in explorer to current date and time?

Before you begin you must change the Windows System date format under Regional Settings in Control Panel. You cannot use / in the date format since this is an invalid character for folder names. Change the / to – in the date format. You cannot skip this step. Your date format must contain valid characters for folder names.

1. Go to registry editor using the regedit command.
    2. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell.
    3. Make a new key New Folder.
    4. Inside this key, create another key command.
    5. Type the following value for the key inside it (edit the (Default) item's data): cmd.exe /c md "%1/%%DATE%%"
    6. Save and exit Registry Editor.

Now, to create the folders, instead of clicking New > Folder, instead use the context item New Folder. This runs the command script defined in step 5, which creates a new folder with the current date.

You will now have a folder with default name as the current date instead of "New Folder".

Joseph George William, Jun 16, 2020
  4. DR Tucker Win User

Windows 10 Date Format

Hi,

Yep, I have done that, but ALL my files, documents etc; are now showing in the American format so appear in the incorrect date sequence in my folders.

DR Tucker, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Date format on folders in explorer - Similar Threads - Date format folders

2. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  3. Change Date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Date format: How do I change date format from month day year to day month year? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-format/2e0b3c4b-67d5-42ed-9baf-da4c50520878
  4. Time and Date Formatting

Time and Date Formatting: Why can't I set my date to mm/dd/yyyy with my region set to Canada? The only way I could change it to what I wanted was to set my region to US. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-and-date-formatting/300d0a6d-a385-473a-a809-c5b9e2f6ae81
  5. date format

date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  6. Date format

Date format: Must include the date format dd/mm/yyyy in the Bangladesh regional setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/4a639cd7-22d2-4de5-93e3-68066bc2d133
  7. Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray

Different date formats for File Explorer and System Tray: Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same...
  8. Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray

Different date formats for Windows Explorer and System Tray: Hello, I recently updated the system tray's date format by adjusting the short date. But now I noticed that when I openFile Explorer, the date format for Date Modified and Date Created is the same as the one I created for the System tray. I don't want it to be the same...
  9. Windows 10 1903: Dates in conversational format in Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 1903: Dates in conversational format in Explorer: The snail-paced rollout of Windows 10 version 1809 is still ongoing as development of Windows 10 version 1903 continues to push new features that might be supported in the next feature update for Windows 10. Microsoft has not changed the schedule yet; Windows 10 version 1903...
  10. Change date format

Change date format: how do i change date format to mm/dd/yyy. currently it shows dd/mm/yyyy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-date-format/369e7554-8e46-40f7-b522-b8c0a3b672ef