Windows 10: Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

Discus and support Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertoUK, Oct 19, 2021.

1. RobertoUK Win User

Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I have no file syncing on this machine, no active Dropbox or iTunes running.I am running Window 10 Home, Version 20H2, OS Build 19042.1288This seems to be very similar or the same as people were encountering on this unresolved old thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-modified-spontaneously-chang

:)

RobertoUK, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

1. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time - Similar Threads - Date Modified files

2. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  3. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  4. "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...: Hi!On my Win10PC, whenever i save a file, the "Date Created" detail will be updated to be the same as "Date Modified".Anyone encountered something similar and found out how to resolve it?...
  5. "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...: Hi!On my Win10PC, whenever i save a file, the "Date Created" detail will be updated to be the same as "Date Modified".Anyone encountered something similar and found out how to resolve it?...
  6. "Date Created" detail of files is updated to be the same as "Date Modified" whenever the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  8. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  9. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  10. Date modified changed for thousands of files

Date modified changed for thousands of files: Hi, On my Windows 10 laptop with a Samsung SSD I have experienced some weird behavior tonight: I have roughly 11.000 files with date modified "today" since I started the laptop in the afternoon. Many of these files are in tmp folders e.g. AppData/Local/Temp or in folders...