Windows 10: Date Not Showing as per Setting ddd dd MMM yyyy

Discus and support Date Not Showing as per Setting ddd dd MMM yyyy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed just yesterday that the short date is not showing in the taskbar, it was showing before in the same settings in the taskbar, I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TryllZ, Apr 30, 2017.

1. TryllZ Win User

Date Not Showing as per Setting ddd dd MMM yyyy

Hi,

I noticed just yesterday that the short date is not showing in the taskbar, it was showing before in the same settings in the taskbar, I don't remember when did it disappear.

Now the issue is if I change the short date style it shows properly s seen in image 2

Any idea how to get my date format back.

Thank You

:)

TryllZ, Apr 30, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Dates

Hi Rozel, right click the cell and choose Format Cell

Set format to custom, then enter the text below as the custom format

ddd dd mmm yyyy

or

ddd dd/mmm/yyyy

Basically Excel allows you to make up your own custom formats . . .

With regards to the actual data in the cells, please explain do you want to add a calendar month or 4 weeks . . .

DaveM121, Apr 30, 2017
  3. Date Format

My windows 10 laptop time and date setting does not have any other format besides dd/MM/yyyy and d/MMM/yyyy format. I need it to be mm/dd/yyyy for my files to work. How can I change it where month precedes the date?

Jay Allan Joson, Apr 30, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

The only way I know to do it is right click the taskbar and unlock it. Then put your cursor at the edge of the taskbar auntil it turns into a double headed arrow. Now drag the taskbar up to make it fatter. The long time should show then. Lock the taskbar.

essenbe, Apr 30, 2017
  5. TryllZ Win User
    Thank You, Got it back.

TryllZ, Apr 30, 2017
  6. essenbe Win User
    I'm glad it helped. Thanks for letting us know.

essenbe, Apr 30, 2017
  7. TryllZ Win User
    OK, so it didn't last long, worked for a few days and then again same issue.

Its not about the space because if I add even more longer date format, it shows in the same task bar setting and even shorter it shows but this specific format has started to cause some issues, not sure what the problem is. I tried unlocking the taskbar and if I pull the taskbar up even then this format wont show. Tried reset but it doesnt work. Also I have observed that when I try this format the icons next to it such as that of sound move left but the date doesnt show at all.

Date Not Showing as per Setting ddd dd MMM yyyy [​IMG]

TryllZ, May 7, 2017
  8. essenbe Win User

The solution I gave is the only one I know. Maybe someone else will be able to help.

essenbe, May 7, 2017
  9. TryllZ Win User
    Thanks, I will wait.

Thank You

TryllZ, May 7, 2017
  10. Edwin New Member
    Hi, could you type exactly what you would like the date to look like on the Taskbar, including punctuation, if necessary?

Edwin, May 7, 2017
  11. TryllZ Win User
    This is the format which I want it to show :

ddd dd MMM yyyy which shows as Mon 08 May 2017

TryllZ, May 7, 2017
  12. Edwin New Member
    Worked for me.
    What happens, does it change after a Restart?

Edwin, May 7, 2017
  13. TryllZ Win User

No it does not change after restart, as I noticed lately its very random, but because I keep working I do not notice date missing until I really check the time, majority of the time the date is there, don't know when it disappears or what causes it to disappear, I really did not mess with any settings.

Because I use more shortcuts could be some short cut causes it to go away unknowingly, just guessing..

TryllZ, May 7, 2017
  14. Edwin New Member
    Hmmm...,
    K, let's use process of elimination:
    - is your resolution set native (recommended)?
    - is your DPI 100% or higher?
    - is it a laptop or desktop?
    - are you using Small Taskbar Buttons:

and/or:
    - did you click Apply and OK on both windows:

Edwin, May 7, 2017
  15. TryllZ Win User
    Appreciate the step by step resolution.

- Resolution is recommended
    - Its a laptop
    - I do NOT have small taskbar buttons
    - I have applied and OK (when changed to my desired format and soon as I click apply the date disappears from taskbar but the icons move left when changed from dd mm yyyy and icons move right when changed from dddd dd mmm yyyy)
    - About DPI I'm pretty sure its 100%, I will still recheck (right now not with my laptop, as soon as I am I will update about DPI as well)

Thanks again..

TryllZ, May 7, 2017
Thema:

1. Date Not Showing as per Setting ddd dd MMM yyyy - Similar Threads - Date Showing per

2. Microsoft Money date format DD-MMM-YY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Money date format DD-MMM-YY: I am using Microsoft Money version 17.0.120.3817My computer date format is set to 'DD-MMM-YY'However, MS Money register is not accepting the short date format. I have not been able to figure out any setting for date format. How can I configure Microsoft Money to use...
  3. Microsoft Money date format DD-MMM-YY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Money date format DD-MMM-YY: I am using Microsoft Money version 17.0.120.3817My computer date format is set to 'DD-MMM-YY'However, MS Money register is not accepting the short date format. I have not been able to figure out any setting for date format. How can I configure Microsoft Money to use...
  4. Microsoft Money date format DD-MMM-YY

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CHANGE DATE FORMAT FROM DD/MM/YYYY TO MM/DD/YYYY

CHANGE DATE FORMAT FROM DD/MM/YYYY TO MM/DD/YYYY: I've been having a trouble about this lately. I was trying to change the date format from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy. A thread led me to find the best solution. I just tried to do trial and error, fortunately it worked for me. Just follow the steps below:1. On your task bar,...
  6. dd/mm/yyyy in english

dd/mm/yyyy in english: I'm natively german, so I've lived my whole life using dd/mm/yyyy. However, it seems that, when I switch to english in the windows 10 settings, that option dissappears. I can use dd/mm/yyyy in german, so why not in english? I'd like to keep using dd/mm/yyyy, but don't want...
  7. I need UK and European date format on my laptop dd/mm/yyyy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need UK and European date format on my laptop dd/mm/yyyy: Europe a continent of people 740 million of them ……. all having to use the American date format of mm/dd/yyyy. I get that something's don't necessity transfer very easily from the US to Europe or Australia of Africa But surely an organization as big and as progressive s...
  8. Date format dd/mm/yyyy?? Anyone can help?

Date format dd/mm/yyyy?? Anyone can help?: I want to change the date format to dd/mm/yyyy, but in Windows 10, seem do not provide the option. Is there any approach to achieve the format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format-ddmmyyyy-anyone-can-help/a3f6d182-c993-4070-a19d-d5d77d57cde3
  9. WIN10 1809 reseting my date format dd/MM/YYYY every date

WIN10 1809 reseting my date format dd/MM/YYYY every date: I need to have date format in dd/MM/YYYY and currency in "$". It seems the only way I could get both is set my region to English (Australia). That work fine except the computer reset my date to d/MM/YYYY every day when I boot up my computer in the morning. That is very...
  10. How do I set the windows date to dd/mm/YYYY format

How do I set the windows date to dd/mm/YYYY format: How do I set the windows date to dd/mm/YYYY format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-the-windows-date-to-ddmmyyyy-format/21910012-e737-48ec-9d61-f6640eb3585f