Windows 10: Date separator in Downloads folder

Discus and support Date separator in Downloads folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i just updated my Win10 to 1903 on the slow track. After doing so i have date separators in my downloads folder that i can't get rid off. it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kormath, Apr 11, 2019.

1. kormath Win User

Date separator in Downloads folder

So i just updated my Win10 to 1903 on the slow track. After doing so i have date separators in my downloads folder that i can't get rid off. it's driving me crazy, my downloads are separated like email - today, yesterday, etc.

I've reset the folder view numerous times but the separators remain. i've tried changing the info in the submenu arrow in the modified column but that doesn't help. Sorting by name or type just sorts them all under their date.

Date separator in Downloads folder [​IMG]

How can i get rid of those date separators?

:)

kormath, Apr 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Explorer separates files/folders by date

I went to Group By, then MORE... Date was not checked off.

What was checked off was :

Name

#

Title

Contributing Artist

Album

Scrolling down the Group By> More to find date, DATE was not checked off. To determine whether DATE had an effect, I checked it off, applied changes and looked at Explorer directories. Files and folders within the periods of date separators were then sorted
    using the date parameter, but DATE SEPARATORS were not affected. Went back and unchecked GROUP BY> MORE> DATE.

If you have any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

CharlesLippincott, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Date separator in Downloads folder

Windows 10 Explorer separates files/folders by date

Using Explorer in Windows 10, my Download directory has started to organize itself by the date files were downloaded or modified. It's a real hassle. The separators are for today, yesterday, earlier this week, last week and a long time ago. In each of
    these sections, the folders are sorted by name, etc.

How do I change the Download directory sorting back to it being one block of folders, sortable by name, etc? This date thing is ridiculous.

GeraldineKudaka-Lippincott, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Date separator in Downloads folder

1. Date separator in Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Date separator Downloads

2. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  3. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  4. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photo's downloading are not going into dated folder in pictures

Photo's downloading are not going into dated folder in pictures: When I download images from my iphone using the photo app. That works fine but when I try to search or upload images to a document via pictures they are individual images. Not in a folder with the date the images were taken. The dated folders use to create automatically when...
  6. Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date

Downloading pictures wont save in folder by date: I'm not sure what happened but usually I can download pics from sd card and they go to a folder with the date. Now each pic is saved individually. How can I get it back to the way it was before....
  7. Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Downloads folder keeps resetting to group by date: Same issue posted here but I can't comment because it's "archived". The old post says it happened last year, but for me it has been going on for the past 2-3 months only. My normal layout for this folder is : no grouping, detailed view, added "creation date column" and sort...
  8. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  9. Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely

Disable "grouped by date" in Downloads folder completely: On Windows 10, latest updates installed (which is what caused this problem in the first place). I do not want this crazy "grouped by date" in the Downloads folder, I have a fairly elaborate folder setup in there and "grouped by date" means I cannot find anything any more. I...
  10. Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads folder Sorted by Date Downloaded: Last night I updated my PC and shut it down to go to bed, and when I got on today I noticed my downloads folder was sorted by the date downloaded. [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix this?...