Windows 10: Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10)

Discus and support Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If in Windows Explorer I open the folder with Arrange by Folder, the picture details are shown and Date taken is used for Date which is correct.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MihaVuk, Apr 2, 2019.

1. MihaVuk Win User

Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10)

If in Windows Explorer I open the folder with Arrange by Folder, the picture details are shown and Date taken is used for Date which is correct.

Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10) 74bea3c6-a599-4ab2-b1b0-d5c238f95087?upload=true.png

If the same folder is opened with Arrange by Day the picture details are missing and therefore the Date created is used for Date which is not ok in my case.
    Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10) d22d618e-c9a2-463e-8416-52c840d4a4c6?upload=true.png

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Tested on Windows 10 Professional with the folder from Pictures library.

:)

MihaVuk, Apr 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 2, 2019
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10) wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10)

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10)

1. Date taken is not shown in Windows Explorer when Arrange by Day is used (on Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Date taken shown

2. When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown,...: Hello all.I have a large set of video clips that I need to gather in a single folder and group by dates. I want to be able to sort them in the folder by date, and then group them by dates, but I need the folder display to show every date, even if it was years ago. Obviously,...
  3. When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When grouping by date in File Explorer, is there any way to force all dates to be shown,...: Hello all.I have a large set of video clips that I need to gather in a single folder and group by dates. I want to be able to sort them in the folder by date, and then group them by dates, but I need the folder display to show every date, even if it was years ago. Obviously,...
  4. Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.: Hi. In a msoffice forum on January 2, 2022 Lorraine- asked a question, “Why is my modified date earlier than the date I took the photo?” Unfortunately the moderator misread it and banged on about “Date Modified” v “Date Created”. At a second try by Lorraine the moderator gave...
  5. Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.: Hi. In a msoffice forum on January 2, 2022 Lorraine- asked a question, “Why is my modified date earlier than the date I took the photo?” Unfortunately the moderator misread it and banged on about “Date Modified” v “Date Created”. At a second try by Lorraine the moderator gave...
  6. Windows File Explorer : ‘Modified Date’ is earlier than ‘Date Taken’ on a group of photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Jpg Date Taken Not Shown

Jpg Date Taken Not Shown: Hello if I right click on a photo, select properties, details, then under origin the date taken field does not show a date. Any fix ? Thanks in advance ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-date-taken-not-shown/660389de-bef5-4ae1-afcb-f65569c800bd"
  8. Pictures Library Arrange by month how to go by date taken instead of date modified?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pictures Library Arrange by month how to go by date taken instead of date modified?: submitted by /u/Slayz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekc3xb/pictures_library_arrange_by_month_how_to_go_by/
  9. Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10

Conflict between "dates taken" on File Explorer and Photo Viewer, Windows 10: I have recently taken several thousand photos, corrected them with paint.net, and have them on a file on the desktop. When opened in File Explorer, and viewed as details, the "dates taken" column shows the correct date and time. When viewed in Photo Viewer, using the file...
  10. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8