Windows 10: Date/Time incorrectly changes on its own.

Discus and support Date/Time incorrectly changes on its own. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While in sleep mode, my computer often changes the date/time to several days in the future. No one else has access to the computer. Automatic time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeggyHolmes1, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Date/Time incorrectly changes on its own.

While in sleep mode, my computer often changes the date/time to several days in the future. No one else has access to the computer. Automatic time and automatic time zone are turned on. I've read several threads about this, but all they do is share the same complaint. There is no answer on how I can fix this problem. How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

:)

PeggyHolmes1, Oct 5, 2018

2. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 5, 2018
  3. CHANGE DATE @ TIME IN WINDOWS 10

Hi Edward,

You can change the time format to 24 hours in Date and Time settings. To do so, please follow these steps:

• In Cortana's search box, please type "Date and Time".
    • Click on Change date and time format.
    • To change the time to 24hr format, in the long and short time options, please click
      HH:MM from the drop down menu.
    • For the date format, please choose dd/mmm/yy format.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Katrina Men, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Date/Time incorrectly changes on its own.

Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Date/Time incorrectly changes on its own.

1. Date/Time incorrectly changes on its own. - Similar Threads - Date incorrectly changes

2. Time formatting keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time formatting keeps changing on its own.: Hello,I have a problem with my windows 11. I change my time format to 24:00 and it keeps changing on its own back to 12:00 AM/PM.I keep changing it back and also tried to change it in every account that I use via the settings of each Microsoft account individually.Any ideas...
  3. Time formatting keeps changing on its own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time formatting keeps changing on its own.: Hello,I have a problem with my windows 11. I change my time format to 24:00 and it keeps changing on its own back to 12:00 AM/PM.I keep changing it back and also tried to change it in every account that I use via the settings of each Microsoft account individually.Any ideas...
  4. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  5. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone: My date & time always sets itself to pacific despite the fact that I have "set time zone automatically" disabled and am in the eastern time zone, although it was also doing this when I was in the central time zone. I cannot even turn on "set time automatically" because this...
  6. Date & Time defaulting to incorrect time zone

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wallpaper changing on its own

Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  8. Incorrect clock time and date

Incorrect clock time and date: Morning, As from last week my windows clock and date at the bottom right remains incorrect. I switched to manual mode and entered the correct date and time. At the next startup the time was incorrect again. it lags by one day and a few hours I called my ISP thinking...
  9. Time changing on its own

Time changing on its own: I have a desk top running with windows 10 and every few weeks or so I find my time is an hour off. I have looked at all of the simple avenues but not finding anything that seems to be to be the reason. bill...
  10. Date/Time incorrectly changes on its own.

Date/Time incorrectly changes on its own.: While in sleep mode, my computer often changes the date/time to several days in the future. No one else has access to the computer. Automatic time and automatic time zone are turned on. I've read several threads about this, but all they do is share the same complaint. There...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 sleep changes date time incorrectly

2. phone changing date and time on its own

3. the date and time changes on its own

4. changing the time on its own