Windows 10: Date/Time picker does not re-draw the up/down spinner

Discus and support Date/Time picker does not re-draw the up/down spinner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a bug in my application where the up/down spinner on time pickers disappears occasionally. [ATTACH] I found that it occurs whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by {DavidH}, Dec 9, 2019.

1. {DavidH} Win User

Date/Time picker does not re-draw the up/down spinner

I have a bug in my application where the up/down spinner on time pickers disappears occasionally.

Date/Time picker does not re-draw the up/down spinner ba205802-fe5c-4a8d-a92c-be76aa84cc50?upload=true.png

I found that it occurs whenever InvalidateRect is called on the parent window.

Here is a simple reproducible example. I've tested on Windows 7 and Windows 10, and get the same result.

Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it a bug in Windows or am I doing something wrong?

Some one suggested to use the WS_CLIPCHILDREN style, but I don't think I should need that. Windows should properly re-draw the spinner. Using that style does fix the problem, but only when I apply the style to the parent of the date/time picker (rather than the picker itself) and that then causes group boxes to not draw properly.

:)

{DavidH}, Dec 9, 2019

2. Missing Date/time picker in Excel 2016

I have a new Windows 10 laptop with Excel 2016. I need to support a spreadsheet that has a datetime picker.

When I start the spreadsheet, I get an error "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine." I go to the VBA code, and get the error "Compile error: Method or data member not found" on the line

Where and how do I get or enable the date time picker?

This might be related: Cannot use Date and Time Picker in Office 2013, but I don't even see the file mscomct2.ocx

thursdaysgeek, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Date/Time picker does not re-draw the up/down spinner

Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Date/Time picker does not re-draw the up/down spinner

1. Date/Time picker does not re-draw the up/down spinner - Similar Threads - Date picker does

2. Microsoft Date and Time picker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Date and Time picker: I don't have Microsoft date and time picker as an option in developer. How do I get this? I have Window 11 64-bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-date-and-time-picker/b6207a92-86b1-420f-a6f8-5d48a5072861
  3. Microsoft Date and Time picker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Date and Time picker: I don't have Microsoft date and time picker as an option in developer. How do I get this? I have Window 11 64-bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-date-and-time-picker/b6207a92-86b1-420f-a6f8-5d48a5072861
  4. how to download Microsoft date and time picker control 6.0 sp6 in windows 10?

how to download Microsoft date and time picker control 6.0 sp6 in windows 10?: how to download Microsoft date and time picker control 6.0 sp6 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-date-and-time-picker/41ad03ac-ad00-4d81-b696-169adebade06
  5. how to download Microsoft date and time picker control 6.0 sp6 in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to download Microsoft date and time picker control 6.0 sp6 in windows 10?: how to download Microsoft date and time picker control 6.0 sp6 in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-microsoft-date-and-time-picker/41ad03ac-ad00-4d81-b696-169adebade06
  6. how to download Microsoft date and time picker control 6.0 sp6 in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Spinner in People

Spinner in People: Sorry. Answered my own question by logging in with MS account, then logging back in with local. Can't seem to find out how to delete a thread I started that has no replies yet. 180643
  8. Latest Windows Up(Down)date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows Up(Down)date: After installing the Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Windows 10 version 1803). We might as well get used to this opening. In addition to the network mess about seeing other PC's on your network. It appears the printer networking functions no longer work right. My...
  9. Time / Date pop-up settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time / Date pop-up settings: I've done a fair bit of searching on this one so I hope I've missed something or someone can help. When scrolling using the lower arrow in a maximized browser window, occasionally I hit the clock causing the massive pop-up. I can change the clock to the Win32 one and I can...
  10. Shortcut icons on desktop re-draw problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons on desktop re-draw problem?: I have folders on my desktop (windows 10 1709) that contain shortcut icons to all my programs and games. after starting windows and opening a folder with these shortcuts, windows has to re-draw all the shortcuts, this happens in every folder and can take some time to...