Windows 10: Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or...

Discus and support Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Daylight Savings started and my new Windows 10 Laptop did not adjust at all. The "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" setting was off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kerbs17, Mar 16, 2021.

1. kerbs17 Win User

Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or...

Daylight Savings started and my new Windows 10 Laptop did not adjust at all.

The "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" setting was off and disabled, and I needed to turn off "Set time zone automatically" in order for me to toggle it, however, when I toggle on, if I go to another menu and come back, it reverts back to off state.

Further, if I try to adjust the time zone at all, it also doesn't persist as it will just be back to "Pacific Time US & Canada" the next time I com to the Date Time Settings.

I ran the following PowerShell command and curiously SupportsDaylightSavingTime is False for Pacific Time, that doesn't sound right, does it? And why does "Daylight Name" set to "Pacific Standard Time"

> Get-TimeZone

Id : Pacific Standard Time

DisplayName : UTC-08:00 Pacific Time US & Canada

StandardName : Pacific Standard Time

DaylightName : Pacific Standard Time

BaseUtcOffset : -08:00:00

SupportsDaylightSavingTime : False

I'm also running wsl2 on this computer and the times updated appropriately on my ubuntu instance on wsl.

The only thing that works is to turn off all the automatic settings and just go the manual route. Any suggestions.

:)

kerbs17, Mar 16, 2021

2. Windows 10: Daylight Saving Time Adjustment not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

In general, "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically" should always be
    on. Turning it off is for a few legacy edge cases and a couple of places in the world that don't currently have an appropriate entry in the list of time zones.

Most likely, the system clock isn't set to the correct time. Perhaps there's a problem getting the correct time from the Internet, which is enabled or disabled from the first "Set time automatically" option.

1. Check that your Internet Time settings are correct. Try a different time server if necessary.

Follow the below to check Internet Time
    settings

1. Go to
    Control Panel.

2. Search for
    "Date and Time".

3. Click on
    "Set the time and date".

4. Click on the
    "Internet Time" tab.

Click on "Change settings…”.

2. Turn on all options, being sure to turn on
    "Adjust for daylight saving time automatically"
    before turning on
    "Set time zone automatically".

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Daylight Saving Time?

If you haven't already done so...
    You could check in your Settings / Time and Language / Date and time.
    Make sure that Adjust for daylight savings time automatically is selected.

peace
    wanna

Wannagofast, Mar 16, 2021
  4. lacrumb Win User

Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or...

Daylight Saving Time Incorrectly Adjusted on April 1st Windows 7

You can turn off DST. In Settings, Time & Language under Date & time, Time zone turn off Adjust for daylight savings time automatically.

lacrumb, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Date & Time Settings - Can't turn on "Adjust for daylight savings time automatically" or... - Similar Threads - Date Settings Can't

2. daylight saving time settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daylight saving time settings: What does "Set time automatically" do when it's on, and at the same time "Adjust for daylight saving time" is off?I'm trying to disable the daylight saving time. Should I set both off, or the later is enough?...
  3. daylight saving time settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    daylight saving time settings: What does "Set time automatically" do when it's on, and at the same time "Adjust for daylight saving time" is off?I'm trying to disable the daylight saving time. Should I set both off, or the later is enough?...
  4. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  5. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer: So DST just changed Sunday morning. Had a user notice a modified date and time on a file jumped ahead an hour. File created on 11/5 at 4:20 now appears with time of 5:20 in the file explorer. even though time went back an hour. Started playing with time settings and when I...
  6. Adjust for daylight savings time automatically and modified file dates file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Daylight saving time won't turn on

Daylight saving time won't turn on: I right click on the time, select 'adjust date/time', and then turn on 'adjust for daylight saving time automatically.' I notice the time does not adjust and when I close/reopen the time settings, the 'adjust for daylight saving time automatically' is NOT turned on. How do I...
  8. Daylight Saving Time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Daylight Saving Time?: Hi, I live in California (Pacific Standard Time; PST). Today (November 1, 2020), Daylight Saving Time ends (move the clocks back 1 hour), yet my computer still hasn't automatically done that. This is the first time, that I can remember, where the computer didn't...
  9. Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you live in the USA or some other countries where Daylight Saving Time is available, but find that the setting is not working on […] This article Adjust for daylight saving time automatically is grayed out in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  10. Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?

Why doesn't Windows 10 automatically adjust daylight savings time?: I have set time zone and set time automatically turned on in settings. Daylight savings day recently just passed but my computer time is still one hour behind and I have to set it manually....