Windows 10: Date/Time window appears on Start

Discus and support Date/Time window appears on Start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 pro and logging into our work domain. Every time I start the pc I have a date/time window (image 1) on my desktop. I can see it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rsprenkle, Dec 10, 2020.

1. rsprenkle Win User

Date/Time window appears on Start

I am using windows 10 pro and logging into our work domain. Every time I start the pc I have a date/time window (image 1) on my desktop. I can see it under apps on the task manager screen (image 2) but can't see it listed on the start-up (image 3).

any ideas of the cause and how to remove?

:)

rsprenkle, Dec 10, 2020

2. Date and Time

Hi Roman,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to change the Date and Time format from Control Panel and check. Also select the time zone as UTC-5.00 Eastern Time.

After changing the setting, I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as automatic. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.
    Restart your computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Weird date/time glitch

Hi John,

This could be caused by an error on your system files or it could just be a mistake on your Date/Time settings. A normal restart usually fixes the issue, but if in case it doesn't you can try this steps instead.

• Right-click on the date and time on your taskbar. A set of options should appear.
    • Choose Adjust date/time. Make sure that it is set to your correct timezone.
    • On the second drop-down, choose Don't show additional calendars.
    • At the bottom, click on Change date and time formats.
    • Suggested format should be:
    • Firs day of week - Sunday
    • Short date - M/d/yyyy
    • Long date - dddd, MMMM d, yyyy
    • Short time - h:mm tt
    • Long time - h:mm:ss tt
    You can check the Region and language as well to make sure. It is located on the same Adjust date/time window.

It can be a simple graphic concern so you can also try and update your display driver. Just type in
    devmgmt on your search bar beside the Start button. A new window should appear. Expand
    Display adapters then right click on your adapter. Click
    Properties.
    Then go to Driver tab, then click Update
    Driver.

If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Date/Time window appears on Start

Display Time and Date on Task Bar?

We appreciate the information you've provided Richard. We would like to ask, does it happen when you use a different user profile on your computer?

We suggest that you check the date and time formats set on your computer. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Time & language.
    • Click on Date & time.
    • Under format, click the Change date and time formats link.
    • Use the Short name drop-down menu to select the date format you want to see in the Taskbar.
    • Use the Short time drop-down menu to select the time format you want to see along with the date.
    • Close Settings.

After these steps, see if the date will appear on the Taskbar.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

PreciousLeb, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Date/Time window appears on Start

1. Date/Time window appears on Start - Similar Threads - Date window appears

2. Date and time format in start menu file search inconsistent with system date and time format

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and time format in start menu file search inconsistent with system date and time format: When I search for a file in the start menu (hitting start and typing the name of the file), it finds the file and shows the path and date modified. However, the date is in US style (month/day/year) and not in the system style (day/month/year), and the time is in AMPM instead...
  3. Windows date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows date and time: I have a personal account and a work account on my windows laptop. I need my work account clock set to a different time zone than my personal account. can I do this? I am homebased for 10 years now and I work for a company that is based out of a different time zone than me....
  4. Windows date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows date and time: I have a personal account and a work account on my windows laptop. I need my work account clock set to a different time zone than my personal account. can I do this? I am homebased for 10 years now and I work for a company that is based out of a different time zone than me....
  5. Time & Date won't sync on start-up

in Windows 10 Support
    Time & Date won't sync on start-up: Hi Since the big win 10 update last month I've been having trouble with time & date, it just won't sync anymore on start-up.I did google and it led me to the check service and change to automatic from manual, still doesn't help.When using laptop and I do the time manual it...
  6. Date and Time do not appear on the task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and Time do not appear on the task bar: Date and time are missing from the task bar. When I right click in the task bar to select date and time I get what looks like a menu but with dividers but no names of any of the selections. How do I fix that?...
  7. Date and Time

Date and Time: I'm having troubles with changing my time and date with windows 10. When ever I try to change the time zone to central US it doesn't change at all. This happens even if I enable set time automatically. Also if I set it to automatically change time zone it puts me in Pacific...
  8. date and time.

date and time.: my date and time in the taskbar has gone black how can I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time/c235de2f-d3bd-4f95-a5a8-73adf29ed4b4
  9. Date & Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Date & Time: in the taskbar I see my time as follows: 18:30 this I just how I want it. but when I boot my PC I see in the left button corner the time as 6:30 (not 18:30) my settings are as follows: Country or Region: Belgium Current format: English (Belgium) I know it's a minor problem...
  10. Date and time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date and time: I just want to know why notepad doesn't post a date when the file was added or if it does how do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time/14ce723e-4e60-44c4-be2f-7ef684ef49f7"