Windows 10: Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols

Discus and support Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good afternoon dear all, I've been trying to change my Windows 10 display language from PT to DE but all that I managed to do was to mess up the Date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gtavo'500, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Gtavo'500 Win User

Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols

Good afternoon dear all,

I've been trying to change my Windows 10 display language from PT to DE but all that I managed to do was to mess up the Date and Hours format and change its display to weird symbols pic showing how the hours and dates looks like : https://imgur.com/a/WVIkzFj .

Do you know what can I do to rever this?

I've already tried the Restore option deleting all the installed apps and keeping my personal files but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance,

:)

Gtavo'500, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Weird date/time glitch

Hi John,

This could be caused by an error on your system files or it could just be a mistake on your Date/Time settings. A normal restart usually fixes the issue, but if in case it doesn't you can try this steps instead.

• Right-click on the date and time on your taskbar. A set of options should appear.
    • Choose Adjust date/time. Make sure that it is set to your correct timezone.
    • On the second drop-down, choose Don't show additional calendars.
    • At the bottom, click on Change date and time formats.
    • Suggested format should be:
    • Firs day of week - Sunday
    • Short date - M/d/yyyy
    • Long date - dddd, MMMM d, yyyy
    • Short time - h:mm tt
    • Long time - h:mm:ss tt
    You can check the Region and language as well to make sure. It is located on the same Adjust date/time window.

It can be a simple graphic concern so you can also try and update your display driver. Just type in
    devmgmt on your search bar beside the Start button. A new window should appear. Expand
    Display adapters then right click on your adapter. Click
    Properties.
    Then go to Driver tab, then click Update
    Driver.

If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jul 12, 2020
  3. symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols

Weird date/time glitch

Hi, My PC recently froze and when it finally unfroze i noticed a weird problem with the date and being displayed in letters. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols 16b7925a-67d4-464b-858f-1acbcbd396ba?upload=true.png

John.H_924, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols

1. Dates and hours being displayed as weird symbols - Similar Threads - Dates hours being

2. Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol: what is this weird x looking symbol on my wifi name?wifi keep getting disconnected in a while and I have to re enter password and connect to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-name-with-weird-x-symbol/e05f7c96-8866-4d6b-a36e-24719d41e5e8
  3. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. EDIT: I find out that it also disappears when I re-opened the settings tab. Probably is visible during...
  4. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. EDIT: I find out that it also disappears when I re-opened the settings tab. Probably is visible during...
  5. Weird symbol on Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird symbol on Startup Programs: Hi, I found this weird program in my startup programs settings. I am unsure if this is part of Windows or malware. If its malware, please guide me on how to eradicate it. TIA...
  6. Weird symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird symbol: [ATTACH] I started seeing this symbol in Chrome very often today. This appears for a split second when I press Shift, Ctrl, do a click or double click, and in some other situations. This is displayed in the upper left corner. tf is it?...
  7. Weird Symbol where colon should be

Weird Symbol where colon should be: I had windows 10 for a very long time and I originally thought it was supposed to be there and apparently its not but I have all my fonts I don't have winaero tweaker or whatever and it's really been bugging me but i've also got my fonts on some my apps messed up but when I...
  8. Computers showing weird symbols.

Computers showing weird symbols.: Split from this thread. Not sure what uptdate happend, but my 2 computers start showing this weird symbols on the numbers and it does affect all the documents. As well my key "t, y and backspace" stop working dont sure if was as a part of the uptdate or just coincidental....
  9. Weird symbols in this particular app.

Weird symbols in this particular app.: [IMG] This just happens when I launch the app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/weird-symbols-in-this-particular-app/3e4b5165-0353-437e-b624-887cb244ac68
  10. Quiet Hours Symbol

in Windows 10 Support
    Quiet Hours Symbol: Every time I boot up or reboot the notification shows the PC has turned on quiet hours and the little Quiet hours symbol shows. I can turn quiet hours off manually by going into the notification area and toggle the quiet hours pane. I do not wish to do this every boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows time showing strange symbols