Windows 10: Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?

Discus and support Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i download files from watsapp and for some reason they are being downloaded with the wrong date and time. why is ithappening and how do i tix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AssafGoldlust, May 20, 2020.

1. Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?

i download files from watsapp and for some reason they are being downloaded with the wrong date and time.

why is ithappening and how do i tix this problem.

im using WINDOWS 10 Home edition

:)

AssafGoldlust, May 20, 2020
  2. MeganH2 Win User

when i save a file it saves the wrong date

The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this?

This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem.

Thanks

Linda

MeganH2, May 20, 2020
  3. WernerGg Win User
    Wrong file modification dates/times

I use ActiveSync 4.5 to synchronize my Mobile WM6.1 with my PC WinXP, SP3. I synchronize Office items and files.

ActiveSync

• owerwrites file dates (modified date to be specific) with current transmission date
    • sometimes resyncs all files with no understandable reason and then changes all file dates to current date.
    I know this is a known issue but I could not find any reasonable answer on that nasty behaviour. ActiveSync should synchronize files and not spoil them.

Does anybody know exactly how ActiceSync works?

For reproduction of the problem I made an experiment. Protocol follows. Issues that are ok are marked with "+++". Issues that are bugs in my opinion are marked with "---"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

File created on Mobile, later edited,

Not attached to PC

==> On Mobile:

Create Time: 17:32

Modify Time: 17:37

(Note: I have a tool "TreeSize Mobile" that is able to show creation, change and last access date on WM)

Now USB cable attached.

ActiveSync syncs the file to the PC

==> On PC:

Create Time: 17:40

Modify Time: 17:40

--- This is wrong. Time of transmission, not file dates.

+++ But maybe ok because the file is really created on the PC at this time.

==> On Mobile:

Modify Time: 17:37

+++ This is still unchanged and correct

Even after following runs of ActveSync from other reasons these dates stay unaltered since the file is not transferred again.

+++ This is correct but strange, because the file on the PC is newer than on the mobile.

--- Bug or feature?

Now the File is edited on the PC.

The Mobile is still attached.

Immediately after save of the file:

==> On PC:

Modify Time: 18:12

A short time later the file is transferred to the Mobile.

And back again!

--- Why back again?

==> On Mobile:

Modify Time: 18:13

--- This is wrong. Time of transmission, not file date.

==> On PC:

Modify Time: 18:13

--- This is wrong. Time of transmission, not file date.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot reproduce the case when ActiveSyncs resynchronizes all (!) files. But when it happens then all file modification dates on both ends are wrong, namely current transmission date. Creation dates sometimes survive, sometimes not.

All in all: Never use file dates on your Mobile. They are totally unreliable.

WernerGg, May 20, 2020
  4. Aries Win User

Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?

save date/time shows wrong time

The date and time are accurate in my Windows 10 clock but when I saved a file this morning it came up with 4/25/16 and a time which didn't correspond to the correct time either.

This is the first time it has happened.

I rebooted my computer and then checked the properties on the file in question.

What happened is that the date and time the photo was taken is appearing as the date and time of the file when I am saving it. So I guess there may be some setting which needs adjusting. Apparently the date and time of the original online source is overriding
    my computer's date and time.

I would like for my files to continue to be saved with the date and time that I save them, not the date and time that the photo or creation is appearing according to the original source.

Aries, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it?

1. Dates and time of saves files are wrong how do i fix it? - Similar Threads - Dates saves files

2. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  3. Time & date always wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time & date always wrong: Since upgrading to Windows 11 a few months ago, the time and date on my system are always wrong on boot. I have to go into date & time settings and click "Sync Now" to fix it. I've tried multiple debugging steps but nothing has worked:Replaced the CMOS battery. I also...
  4. Date and Time is wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date and Time is wrong: My date and time is wrong and I cant seem to fix it. I have it set to set automatic time and time zone but it sets it to pacific time when I am central. It shows its 2 hours behind. I would set it manually but then I have trouble with programs not working correctly as the...
  5. "Date Created" on files resets every time I save!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Date Created" on files resets every time I save!: I sort my music production files by Date created often to remember what I started and when. On my new PC I've found that "Date Created" is acting exactly like "Date Modified" when saving files. Where should I begin to look in terms of fixing this problem? Thanks! submitted...
  6. Pictures saving with wrong date & time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures saving with wrong date & time: I was looking for some artwork today & saved 2 but they all had the wrong dates & time. The saved pictures show different dates & times, one shows 9/14/2009 at 9:27am & the other 7/27/2014 at 7:49am. I just recently got a new computer with windows 10 & haven't messed with any...
  7. when i save a file it saves the wrong date

in Windows 10 Customization
    when i save a file it saves the wrong date: The computer is saving the wrong date when I export or have a save-as file. How can I fix this? This is happening on 2 of the computers I bought new at the same time and they are having the same problem. Thanks Linda...
  8. Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows system files set to wrong (future) date. How do I fix?: Hi, I'm trying to install some software that has some licensing issues because it says my system files have the wrong date. Lo and behold, when I check my Windows directory there are many, seemingly random, files and folders with the date 1/15/2020. My computer's system...
  9. Video date is wrong, How do I change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video date is wrong, How do I change?: I am working on getting our photos and videos organized. We went on vacation in 2018 and took a waterproof camera. The date on the camera was not set so all of the photos and videos we took with that camera are not showing up in the right collection since the collections are...
  10. Win10 Copying Files With Wrong Date. Why? How to Fix?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Copying Files With Wrong Date. Why? How to Fix?: Just copied some files from a micro sd card from a phone over onto a hard drive. they arrived with the wrong date. 2010 ! I'm having troubles with this computer. Is this further evidence I need to do a reinstall or something? [img] [img] 120468

Users found this page by searching for:

1. files are being saved with wrong date and time