Windows 10: dates different for downloaded files in date column.

Discus and support dates different for downloaded files in date column. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I save a file, the dates column shows different dates for every file previous dates..., my laptop clock is accurate ... How do I resolve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mukeshpetshali, Jul 22, 2021.

1. dates different for downloaded files in date column.

Every time I save a file, the dates column shows different dates for every file previous dates..., my laptop clock is accurate ... How do I resolve the issue???

:)

mukeshpetshali, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Berton Win User

Replace Date column with Date Modified

In File Explorer I can right-click a column heading and get a list of choices with Date Modified on it which by default appears when creating a New, Folder. If I click the More at the bottom of that list I find several choices about date with Date [by itself] being the first, Date Modified not there since it's already in use.

dates different for downloaded files in date column. [​IMG]

Another point, File Explorer windows will show different column headings based upon the content of the Folders being viewed, e.g. Music will be different from Pictures, etc.

And may be necessary to click the View tab then Options then the resulting View tab and choose Apply to all Folders although it may not always work as desired, I use that to show Details in most all instances of File Explorer.

Berton, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Terrypin Win User
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one?

I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged.

dates different for downloaded files in date column. [​IMG]

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Jul 22, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

dates different for downloaded files in date column.

dalchina, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

dates different for downloaded files in date column.

1. dates different for downloaded files in date column. - Similar Threads - dates different downloaded

2. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  3. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...: When I open a folder on my Desktop by clicking on the folder icon on the desktop or from File Explorer via This PC\Local Disk C:\Users\[username]\Desktop\Folder\ABC, or pretty much anywhere else except This PC\Desktop the Date column shows Date Modified.If I open it in File...
  4. File Explorer "This PC\Desktop" Date column shows date created with heading "Date" only -...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly

Downloads File Not Dating Downloads Correctly: When I download a document from the web or when I save a document attached to an email, it often puts it in the Downloads folder but under the wrong date. My computer has the correct date and time on it so why is it assigning the wrong date to the dowloaded or saved file? I'm...
  6. Replace Date column with Date Modified

in Windows 10 Support
    Replace Date column with Date Modified: I have a vague recollection that I may have asked this before and sorry if that’s the case, but I can find no trace. i simply want to ensure that when I open either an Explorer folder or an Open or Save As browse window then instead of a column called Date I get Date...
  7. Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files

Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files: I am having issues with downloaded files having a date not corresponding with my systems date. It all began after updating to Windows 10 1803. Files were downloaded on the 1/13/2019 but it's having 2016 date on it and this is affecting my sorting. Any fix for this please?...
  8. date column

in Windows 10 Support
    date column: This morning I updated to the latest BitDefender and while doing so their instructions did not indicate to not select uninstall as the installer would complete this task automatically even though a message did pop up asking me to uninstall. I believe this was the reason for...
  9. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?: The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged. [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 71495
  10. Changing default Date column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default Date column in File Explorer: One change I dislike in Win 10 is the 'Date' column. This seems to be the same as Date Created, which I rarely want to see. By far the most useful date for me is Date Modified, which was the standard in XP. How do I set that as the column that will always appear in all...