Windows 10: Dates modified

Discus and support Dates modified in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a factory reset on my laptop, and chose the delete everything, but I still have some files saying they were modified before the factory reset?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hi_im_joker, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Dates modified

I did a factory reset on my laptop, and chose the delete everything, but I still have some files saying they were modified before the factory reset?

submitted by /u/Hi_im_joker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hi_im_joker, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Date Modified Issue

File dates can be set in two ways:

• By the editor you use. The editor may or may not modify the date stamp. Normally it does but there are exceptions.
    • By a script that allows you to specify the date & time.

Frederik Long, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Dates modified

Replace Date column with Date Modified

In File Explorer I can right-click a column heading and get a list of choices with Date Modified on it which by default appears when creating a New, Folder. If I click the More at the bottom of that list I find several choices about date with Date [by itself] being the first, Date Modified not there since it's already in use.

Dates modified [​IMG]

Another point, File Explorer windows will show different column headings based upon the content of the Folders being viewed, e.g. Music will be different from Pictures, etc.

And may be necessary to click the View tab then Options then the resulting View tab and choose Apply to all Folders although it may not always work as desired, I use that to show Details in most all instances of File Explorer.

Berton, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Dates modified

1. Dates modified - Similar Threads - Dates modified

2. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  3. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  4. Tags / Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tags / Date Modified: Changing a tag on a jpg photo causes the dated-modified to be changed. If you tag many photos and trust the exif date-taken within the photo files, use a file renaming app or exif app to change the date-modified to match the exif date-taken on all photos you tagged. This only...
  5. Tags / Date Modified

Tags / Date Modified: Changing a tag on a jpg photo causes the dated-modified to be changed. If you tag many photos and trust the exif date-taken within the photo files, use a file renaming app or exif app to change the date-modified to match the exif date-taken on all photos you tagged. This only...
  6. Tags / Date Modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  8. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  9. In Windows 11, how can a file create or modify date be later than today? I have files and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how can a file create or modify date be later than today? I have files and...: In Windows 11, how can a file create date or modify date be later than today? I have files and folders that show Date Modified as 3/13/2033???...
  10. In Windows 11, how can a file create or modify date be later than today? I have files and...

In Windows 11, how can a file create or modify date be later than today? I have files and...: In Windows 11, how can a file create date or modify date be later than today? I have files and folders that show Date Modified as 3/13/2033???...