Windows 10: Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue

Discus and support Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently imported some new pictures and videos from another computer and when I did my computer automatically put the current date on the photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyRhino, May 14, 2019.

1. RoyRhino Win User

Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue

I recently imported some new pictures and videos from another computer and when I did my computer automatically put the current date on the photos instead of the dates photos were taken. I right clicked on the photos or videos to change the date and did so, but the dates did not take affect or hold and reverted back to dates of uploading. How can I fix this?

:)

RoyRhino, May 14, 2019

2. changing the photo COLLECTION date ?

hi , can anybody help me with in simple terms please - I am scanning old photos onto my laptop and they pick up the scan date as they don't have a digital history. As such in the "Collection " they sit as the scan date order and I want them to sit when
    they were originally taken so they are in order. Can anyone advise me how I manually change the date for this to happen in the COLLECTION

(I have a reply from a similar question asked and it says open Window photo Gallery in All programs but I can't find this on my Laptop only the suggestion to down load it , should I have this ??)

Many thanks - Damian

DamianConlon, May 14, 2019
  3. How can I control what is in the photo collection?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with photo app on Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open Photos app.

2. Click on Collections.

3. Then right click on the unwanted pictures in the list and click on
    Delete.

Also click on Folder option in Photo app and check the file location of the pictures.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. ;

Nyima Yonten, May 14, 2019
  4. Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue

Windows Photo 'Collections' Date Handling

By default the Photo app organises Collection in date order based on teh date file modified.

The problem with that is that the date modified has little, if anything, to do wit the original date of the photo.

For example, in my library of photos I have some going back as far as 1904, but because I ran a batch process to update some metadata on all of them they ALL have the same file modified date. This means that in collection I have just one date entry that
    contains all photos.

This is a useful as a chocolate frying pan.

We need an option to set the date we want collections sorted by. I can't see one in the current app

Regards

Paul Barrett

PaulBarrett52, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue

1. Dates of photos and videos on Windows 10 Collection issue - Similar Threads - Dates photos videos

2. Photo / Video date edit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo / Video date edit: Hi, I had lost some photos from my mobile due to fault on phone and not backing up.But I had some of these photo's saved on Facebook and I have downloaded them, but all dates are now incorrect, I have clicked on Photo properties but unable to change the date in Details or...
  3. Photo / Video date edit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo / Video date edit: Hi, I had lost some photos from my mobile due to fault on phone and not backing up.But I had some of these photo's saved on Facebook and I have downloaded them, but all dates are now incorrect, I have clicked on Photo properties but unable to change the date in Details or...
  4. Photo / Video date edit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format: Default date inside Win 10 photo app is backwards. Photo app Collections where all photos are shows month of May 2021 and below that 01/05 - 30/05 instead of 05/01-05/30 USA date style. PC date is correct format. How to change Photo App to correct date format?...
  6. Photos in collection

Photos in collection: I do not want my photos to go into the collection. I want it in my folders. This pisses me off. Correct it please, as I was fine downloading my photos into the folders just prior to downloading photos these last couple of times. How do I get them into my folder?...
  7. Unwanted Images in Windows 10 Photo Collections

Unwanted Images in Windows 10 Photo Collections: Hi all, Can someone tell me what setting I need to change to eliminate all of these unwanted images and graphics from saving, please? Also, is there a quick way to remove the hundreds that are currently there? Thanks!...
  8. How do I change the date on my Microsoft Photo Collections.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the date on my Microsoft Photo Collections.: I have several Collections in my Microsoft Collections that show the year as 2027. I think this was a result of the date on my camera being wrong. My problem is how can I change the dates to reflect the correct year ?...
  9. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  10. windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 webcam video and photo storage issue: I have been using the webcam on my windows 10 PC. It stored these photos in the Camera Roll previously. I take the pictures and review and delete ones that I don't care for as I have done in the past. Once I leave the camera app on the webcam I cannot find the pictures in the...