Windows 10: daughter gifted me a win7 hp laptop that was upgraded to win10pro after wiping hard drive....

Discus and support daughter gifted me a win7 hp laptop that was upgraded to win10pro after wiping hard drive.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my daughter gifted her win7 hp laptop after she upgraded to win10pro and after she wiped the hard drive thinking she was going to donate the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GRZachman, May 7, 2021.

1. GRZachman Win User

daughter gifted me a win7 hp laptop that was upgraded to win10pro after wiping hard drive....

my daughter gifted her win7 hp laptop after she upgraded to win10pro and after she wiped the hard drive thinking she was going to donate the computer. now i can't activate win10pro after re- installing it

:)

GRZachman, May 7, 2021

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, May 7, 2021
  3. Barlex Win User
    Will this upgrade wipe my hard drive or does it upgrade without wiping?

Original title: Win10 Upgrade wipe my hard drive

I'm trying to find out, will this upgrade wipe my hard drive or does it upgrade without wiping.

Barlex, May 7, 2021
  4. daughter gifted me a win7 hp laptop that was upgraded to win10pro after wiping hard drive....

Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, May 7, 2021
Thema:

daughter gifted me a win7 hp laptop that was upgraded to win10pro after wiping hard drive....

1. daughter gifted me a win7 hp laptop that was upgraded to win10pro after wiping hard drive.... - Similar Threads - daughter gifted win7

2. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  3. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  4. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  5. wipe of hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe of hard drive: I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd...
  6. Win7 to Win10Pro fails

Win7 to Win10Pro fails: While updating, install fails after I believe the first reboot, with error.... 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation Any ideas?...
  7. Hard drive wipe after updates

Hard drive wipe after updates: Good evening, It seems that all of my files and settings are continuously wiped after all updates. In multiple instances, I have checked the "Windows.old" folder, but its most recent files date back to July of last year. I am running Windows 10 with Kali Linux as a virtual...
  8. Can't (re)install HP LaserJets after Win7 -> Win10Pro update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't (re)install HP LaserJets after Win7 -> Win10Pro update?: I upgraded several machines from Win7 to Win10Pro. I've a number of old, workhorse HP LaserJet 4050n's that are ethernet connected. The Win7 installs all had TCP/IP port access; worked great. After the Win10 upgrades, there's no trace of the printer ... As admin user, I'm...
  9. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...
  10. wipe hard drive

wipe hard drive: I wipe a hard drive with DOD wipe I am trying to reimage drive with window 10 I am getting error do you know if the wipe is affecting the imaging process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wipe-hard-drive/2bd86868-d974-4260-b360-637d0cb5e3d2