Windows 10: Davinci Resolve video editor won't open, it begins to run but becomes suspended

Discus and support Davinci Resolve video editor won't open, it begins to run but becomes suspended in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been recently using Davinci Resolve to create some special effects, countdowns and timers, however it was working fine until I began to run out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Wuzzmooz, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Wuzzmooz Win User

Davinci Resolve video editor won't open, it begins to run but becomes suspended

I have been recently using Davinci Resolve to create some special effects, countdowns and timers, however it was working fine until I began to run out of space on my C: drive. It had issues saving, so I cleared out alot of unneeded files from the C: drive. However once I closed it, it would not open again. It starts processing but immediately become "suspended" as I see in the task manager and resource monitor. I have attempted to "resume" the app in the resource monitor, however it does not work, it just stays "suspended" and sometimes says "access denied". I am unaware of any solutions to this problem and would appreciate help since I am becoming a videographer. thanks. I have even tried clean installs, uninstalls, relocation and the lot.

:)

Wuzzmooz, Feb 26, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Good video editor for starters?

Windows Live Essentials 16.4.3528

DaVinci Resolve 14
    Revolutionary new tools for editing, color correction and professional audio post production for SD, HD and Ultra HD, all in a single application!
    Free (However, you have to register to get the download link)

Ezvid For Windows: The Easiest Screen Recorder And Video Editor
    Freeware
    • Fast & Easy Screen Recorder
    • Instant Facecam & Voice Synthesis
    • Awesome Video Editor
    • Fun To Use
    • Instant slideshow maker
    • Beautiful screen capture for games, desktop, & browser
    • Draw on your screen
    • Free included music
    • For Windows XP3, 7, 8, and 10
    • Easy to use video speed control

95Viper, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Video Software

You have lots of options, even free ones. This list is based on my own user experience, listing some both free and paid for video editors. The first one on both lists is my choice, tools I use to make Windows videos (see for instance this thread).

Free Video Editors:

• My choice: DaVinci Resolve 12
      • A video editor used by many professional film makers ans studios, complete and extensive enough to do almost anything you want to.
    • ShortCut
      • An open source video editor, almost as good as DaVinci Resolve. Quite steep learning curve.
    • HitFilm 3 Express
      • A free version of the paid for HitFilm editor. Powerful, also used by many professionals.
    • CyberLink PowerDirector 12 Free
      • Extremely easy to use yet feature rich video editor for Windows.

Paid for Video Editors:

• My choice: Cyberlink PowerDirector 14
      • Easy to use, almost limitless possibilities to edit and manipulate your video. Nice price compared to what you get, $90. Is also available as a part of Director Suite (complete video / photo / audio editing set) for $200, or as a subscription 3 months for $49 and 1 year for $99.
    • Adobe Premiere Pro CC
      • Still the best there is in my opinion, if not the price was not so high (annual subscription $240). In my case the only reason I am not using Premiere Pro is the price.
    • HitFilm 4 Pro
      • Perfect, professional tool. Price is really high for most normal private users, about $350.
    My recommendations to you:
    • Get the DaVinci Resolve 12 if you want a free editor.
    • If you are willing to pay for the editor, test the free PowerDirector 12 and if (I dare say when!) satisfied, buy the PowerDirector 14. With the paid version you get loads of free stuff (effects, transitions, titles and so on).

4. Kari Win User

DaVinci Resolve 12 Free Version - Hints; Tips; Questions; Answers

QuickTime is the only con I find in using DaVinci Resolve 12. It is needed by the video editor to handle audio and media files, using Resolve 12 means you have to install QuickTime. Other than that Resolve 12 is the most comprehensive, complete free solution for video editing I have seen.

Free download: Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12

And a half an hour crash course:

eikf0VGJYTc

Thema:

1. Davinci Resolve video editor won't open, it begins to run but becomes suspended - Similar Threads - Davinci Resolve video

2. Davinci Resolve 17.4.4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Davinci Resolve 17.4.4: I Tried to delete it from the folder and download it again but the next time i tried with the installer it says installed even if it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davinci-resolve-1744/29335e58-5859-4a33-b9bf-f1b4cf621513
  3. Davinci Resolve 17.4.4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Davinci Resolve 17.4.4: I Tried to delete it from the folder and download it again but the next time i tried with the installer it says installed even if it is not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/davinci-resolve-1744/29335e58-5859-4a33-b9bf-f1b4cf621513
  4. Davinci Resolve 17.4.4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Video Editor won't add videos

Video Editor won't add videos: I'm trying to import video clips and most of them just give me the error that something went wrong and they couldn't be added. No idea why. It's clearly an app issue because I tried again and got two to work but now none of the ones I'm trying will. I have already repaired...
  6. DaVinci Resolve GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DaVinci Resolve GPU: So, I downloaded DaVinci Resolve for my videos so I could edit them, but it said that I needed a driver that supports DaVinci, Is there a Driver for my computer that will support DaVinci? If So How will I download it? My computer's current driver is Intel R HD Graphics. My...
  7. running davinci resolve when not plugged in or even just opening resolve gives a bsod

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    running davinci resolve when not plugged in or even just opening resolve gives a bsod: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Peta-8-bit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4y0gx/running_davinci_resolve_when_not_plugged_in_or/
  8. Davinci Resolve and H.265 videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Davinci Resolve and H.265 videos: I have been using the free version of Davinci Resolve 16 to edit videos from my GoPro Hero 7 Black camera on a PC that is about 5 years old. I had installed the HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store and was able to process H.265 video with no problems. The system was...
  9. Microsoft Photos/Video Editor won't open

Microsoft Photos/Video Editor won't open: Hello! I came to ask. Today, I tried opening my Microsoft Photos + Video Editor. When I opened it, it kept on crashing. I repeatedly did the process several times. Opening and reopening it but the results are the same. It crashes/close on its own. I already restarted my...
  10. Windows Video Editor project won't open

Windows Video Editor project won't open: I have been editing a video for weeks and I finally finished it. It is an hour long and I converted the file to export it and walked away because it took a long time. When I came back I opened the window and the program closed. I opened the program and selected the project...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. davinci resolve getting suspended in task manager