Windows 10: DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

Discus and support DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,This past week, I've had trouble with my PC crashing and restarting, perhaps crashing is the wrong term, I do not get the blue screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MFM LeGeNdZz, Feb 3, 2023.

1. DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

Hello,This past week, I've had trouble with my PC crashing and restarting, perhaps crashing is the wrong term, I do not get the blue screen with "watchdog violation" so I turned to the reliability monitor. PC SPECInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usableProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical ProcessorsGraphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPERSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorIf it helps, this is my exact PC build. Legion T5-28IMB05 Desktop Lenovo - Type 90NCRELIABILITY MONITORAs you can see above, it seems that the 4th cri

:)

MFM LeGeNdZz, Feb 3, 2023
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 3, 2023
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 3, 2023
  4. beeze Win User

DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

1. DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash - Similar Threads - DAX3API causing freeze

2. DAX3API stops working. Freezes windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAX3API stops working. Freezes windows: My windows 11 keeps unexpectedly freezing and shutting down. Reliability shows that DAX3API stops working firs. Hardware error event points to NVIDIA driver. By this point, i updated all drivers, checked discs for errors, reinstalled windows through downloads and set up a...
  3. DAX3API stops working. Freezes windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAX3API stops working. Freezes windows: My windows 11 keeps unexpectedly freezing and shutting down. Reliability shows that DAX3API stops working firs. Hardware error event points to NVIDIA driver. By this point, i updated all drivers, checked discs for errors, reinstalled windows through downloads and set up a...
  4. DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash: Hello,This past week, I've had trouble with my PC crashing and restarting, perhaps crashing is the wrong term, I do not get the blue screen with "watchdog violation" so I turned to the reliability monitor. PC SPECInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usableProcessor IntelR CoreTM...
  5. PC Freezes/Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes/Crashes: I've had this computer for about a couple years now, two or three give or take. But lately and abruptly as of like last week, it's been freezing up or crashing non-stop. I've tried a fresh reset of the computer to no avail It needed one anyway, too much clutter. Oftentimes it...
  6. Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.

Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.: this error is the only one inside my event log before and after crashing. I have tried changing the url to no avail. please help meMetadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for container '{F74A0DD6-F469-50F2-B874-C3E8F3856C72}'- <Event...
  7. Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.: this error is the only one inside my event log before and after crashing. I have tried changing the url to no avail. please help meMetadata staging failed, result=0x80004005 for container '{F74A0DD6-F469-50F2-B874-C3E8F3856C72}'- <Event...
  8. Event Error 131 causing crashing. and freezing on my pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. What could be causing this crashing and freezing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What could be causing this crashing and freezing.: I have had frequent 1-3 times a day freezing of video and audio, and for the past few months, I have been trying to solve the issue to myself and have not been able to fix it. I've tried dusting my computer, reinstalling windows, and updating my drivers. And now just today,...
  10. PC crashing or freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing or freezing: I've got the Acer Aspire TC380 desktop purchased earlier this year. It's not used everyday but recently it's been crashing to black where the monitor is in sleep mode but the computer is running fine requiring hard resets. I noticed it was getting worse with the more Windows...