Windows 10: DAX3API.exe application failure

Discus and support DAX3API.exe application failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI all,My Lenovo PC frequently blue screen with an stop code of: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.I have been reset / reinstall multiply times and still not find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ernest.Chung, Nov 17, 2021.

1. DAX3API.exe application failure

HI all,My Lenovo PC frequently blue screen with an stop code of: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.I have been reset / reinstall multiply times and still not find the root cause until tonight. Until yesterday, I run the reliability monitor and found out that DAX3API.exe Stopped working and caused the shut down unexpectedly.I found the log in the minidump, so i zipped and upload to the follow link, wish you could help me to find out the root cause of the crashes. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-n1p6YNIk8mqsd_iVQT-X6ioRk0nlZmS?usp=sharingMany thanks in advance.ernest

:)

Ernest.Chung, Nov 17, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Do you receive any error message when you run the .exe installer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

As you have mentioned that you have Kaspersky installed on the computer, it could be that Kaspersky is blocking the installers to run. I suggest you to try disabling Kaspersky and see if that helps. Please follow the steps to disable Kaspersky:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Now, click on Settings.
    3. Click on Additional and then click on
      Self-Defense.
    4. Clear the check box for
      Enable Self-Defense to disable Kaspersky.
    5. If you receive any prompt, click on Continue.

Note: Disabling Antivirus software may open the computer to threats. Make sure to enable it after performing the troubleshooting.

You can also check if the application that you are trying to run is Quarantined by Kaspersky. If the application is Quarantined, restore the application and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Click on More tools.
    3. In the Tools window, click on
      Quarantine
    4. Look for the .exe installer that you are trying to run. If you find the installer, right click on it and select
      Restore to restore it to its original location.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 17, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 17, 2021
  4. DAX3API.exe application failure

regsvr32.exe - application error

Hello,

I would like to inform that Regsvr32.exe Application Error
    Codes are caused by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system or by the following reasons:

• missing or damaged or modified .dll files.
    • Invalid Entry or Command path.
    • Active X control errors.
    • Registry issues.
    • Viral or Malware Attack.

I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system
    files

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

DAX3API.exe application failure

1. DAX3API.exe application failure - Similar Threads - DAX3API exe application

2. DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAX3API causing PC to freeze/crash: Hello,This past week, I've had trouble with my PC crashing and restarting, perhaps crashing is the wrong term, I do not get the blue screen with "watchdog violation" so I turned to the reliability monitor. PC SPECInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usableProcessor IntelR CoreTM...
  3. Hitman3.exe-Assert Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hitman3.exe-Assert Failure: HelloI recently re-downloaded Hitman 3 from my Epic platform to continue the game, but every time I open the game, it pops up a window saying "Hitman 3-Assert Failure". I verified the integrity of the game and made sure the library was complete and up to date. I have taken a...
  4. Hitman3.exe-Assert Failure

Hitman3.exe-Assert Failure: HelloI recently re-downloaded Hitman 3 from my Epic platform to continue the game, but every time I open the game, it pops up a window saying "Hitman 3-Assert Failure". I verified the integrity of the game and made sure the library was complete and up to date. I have taken a...
  5. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  6. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  7. Application install .exe files

8. Application Framework host .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Framework host .exe: I'm having some issues with certain apps crashing. Discord, Epic Games Launcher. Apps are glitchy. I have all my gpu drivers updated. When i run Dxdiag.exe it shows APPCRASH and application framework host .exe failing. I have a home built gaming pc. I got steam to run...
  9. werfault exe application error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    werfault exe application error: this is a very annoying thing to get it just wont disappear ive disabled windows error reports ive tried a few things the instruction at 0x0000000075C58AA9 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0x0000000075C58AA9,. THE REQUIRED DATA WAS NOT...
  10. Using A New .exe For An Application ?

Using A New .exe For An Application ?: Hello, Have had somewhat contradictory results with this, so thought I'd just ask: I have an .exe file for an application. A new version has just come out. I know I can delete the old .exe one, and use the new one; no problem. But was wondering: can I just put...