Windows 10: Daylight Saving Time (DST) setting causes high CPU & memory usage on Windows 10

Discus and support Daylight Saving Time (DST) setting causes high CPU & memory usage on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Daylight Saving Time (DST), also daylight savings time or daylight time and summertime is the practice of advancing clocks during warmer months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 16, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Daylight Saving Time (DST) setting causes high CPU & memory usage on Windows 10

WinClub, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 Daylight Savings Time Button Grayed Out.

Hi Gary,

This issue may happen if your region or time zone doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time (DST).

To check if DST is available, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Date and Time.
    • Under Time zone, check if there's any indications regarding Daylight Saving Time.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Jul 16, 2020
  3. WIN10 1703 update cause Explorer.exe high CPU usage

Hi,

Glad you reached out. First, we would like to know if Explorer.exe
    is the only cause of high CPU usage. Because the common cause of high CPU usage are the following:

- Windows 10 Memory leak after the update.

- Driver incompatibilities after the update.

- Multiple startup applications

We'll be waiting for your update.

Richard tie, Jul 16, 2020
  4. peterlism Win User

ntoskrnl.exe causing high cpu usage

It is completely random when it causes high CPU usage. It dosen't (as far as I can see) take up much memory, it just causes high CPU usage.

It spikes to about 20 - 90 % and stays like that for a second or so and causes my computer to freeze during that time. It can happen often, like every 5-10 minutes and sometimes it can go about 30 minutes. I do not recieve any error when this is happening.

peterlism, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Daylight Saving Time (DST) setting causes high CPU & memory usage on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Daylight Saving DST

2. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  3. daylight saving time settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daylight saving time settings: What does "Set time automatically" do when it's on, and at the same time "Adjust for daylight saving time" is off?I'm trying to disable the daylight saving time. Should I set both off, or the later is enough?...
  4. daylight saving time settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    daylight saving time settings: What does "Set time automatically" do when it's on, and at the same time "Adjust for daylight saving time" is off?I'm trying to disable the daylight saving time. Should I set both off, or the later is enough?...
  5. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  6. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  7. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Daylight Saving Time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Daylight Saving Time?: Hi, I live in California (Pacific Standard Time; PST). Today (November 1, 2020), Daylight Saving Time ends (move the clocks back 1 hour), yet my computer still hasn't automatically done that. This is the first time, that I can remember, where the computer didn't...
  9. Service Host SysMain causing High CPU and Memory usage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Service Host SysMain causing High CPU and Memory usage in Windows 10: [ATTACH]A lot of users have reported that the SysMain process (earlier known as Superfetch) […] This article Service Host SysMain causing High CPU and Memory usage in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Windows 10 does not update Daylight Savings Time (DST) change

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 does not update Daylight Savings Time (DST) change: [ATTACH]If you notice that your Windows 10 computer does not update Daylight Savings Time (DST) change or that the Windows Time has been changed automatically […] This article Windows 10 does not update Daylight Savings Time (DST) change first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....