Windows 10: Daylight Saving Time?

Discus and support Daylight Saving Time? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I live in California (Pacific Standard Time; PST). Today (November 1, 2020), Daylight Saving Time ends (move the clocks back 1 hour), yet my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pepanee, Nov 1, 2020.

1. pepanee Win User

Daylight Saving Time?

Hi, I live in California (Pacific Standard Time; PST).

Today (November 1, 2020), Daylight Saving Time ends (move the clocks back 1 hour), yet my computer still hasn't automatically done that. This is the first time, that I can remember, where the computer didn't automatically adjust the clock correctly.

What happened?

:)

pepanee, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 Daylight Savings Time Button Grayed Out.

Hi Gary,

This issue may happen if your region or time zone doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time (DST).

To check if DST is available, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Date and Time.
    • Under Time zone, check if there's any indications regarding Daylight Saving Time.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Daylight Savings Time Not Working

I've tried doing this (Windows 10: Daylight Saving Time Adjustment not working)
    several times on three different machines (they're all having the same problem), but it doesn't work.

Here's what I do:

- Go into Date & Time - see both "auto adjust" and "set daylight savings" is off

- EITHER set daylight savings time to adjust, or auto adjust, and see that it is set

- If I do auto adjust time, it resets "set daylight savings time" to be off

- If I leave auto adjust off, but daylight savings to on, then click away, and click back, daylight savings is still off

My machine is fully updated, Windows 10, and I'm in PDT.

Suggestions?

IronYuppie, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Daylight Saving Time?

Daylight Savings Time

My treo 700w does not display the correct time, since the Daylight Savings Time change went into effect. I did download and install the following from Microsoft to try to remedy, and reset the device, as instructed.

http://mobile.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsmobile/updates/dst.aspx

but my calendar still shows appointments off by an hour.

Suggestions???

Robert M.Pickoff, M.D.

Tenforo, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Daylight Saving Time?

1. Daylight Saving Time? - Similar Threads - Daylight Saving

2. daylight savings not set, option not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daylight savings not set, option not available: My Win11 laptop hasn't updated to daylight savings time. When I go into settings for Date & time...The option to automatically adjust for daylight savings time is entirely missing.The time zone appears to be set correctly to UTC-08:00 Pacific Time US & CanadaIt will not allow...
  3. daylight savings not set, option not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    daylight savings not set, option not available: My Win11 laptop hasn't updated to daylight savings time. When I go into settings for Date & time...The option to automatically adjust for daylight savings time is entirely missing.The time zone appears to be set correctly to UTC-08:00 Pacific Time US & CanadaIt will not allow...
  4. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: I love using ROBOCOPY to perform my file backups but just after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME occurs it appears to no longer perform a DIFFERENTIAL backup. Instead, ROBOCOPY starts copying as if it were the very first time. I know there is a 'DST' optional flag available but when...
  5. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: I love using ROBOCOPY to perform my file backups but just after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME occurs it appears to no longer perform a DIFFERENTIAL backup. Instead, ROBOCOPY starts copying as if it were the very first time. I know there is a 'DST' optional flag available but when...
  6. ROBOCOPY: quirky behavior after DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows doesn't see me as administrator and won't let me fix my clock for daylight savings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't see me as administrator and won't let me fix my clock for daylight savings: This is a new computer I bought in November of 2023 I've had no issues until the time change. My time zone is UTC -08:00 and my clock will not observe daylight savings. I tried to change my time zone but it just says I have no admin access when I was the only account on my...
  8. Windows doesn't see me as administrator and won't let me fix my clock for daylight savings

Windows doesn't see me as administrator and won't let me fix my clock for daylight savings: This is a new computer I bought in November of 2023 I've had no issues until the time change. My time zone is UTC -08:00 and my clock will not observe daylight savings. I tried to change my time zone but it just says I have no admin access when I was the only account on my...
  9. MY Clock on my computer didn't update with daylight savings time. how do i update that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY Clock on my computer didn't update with daylight savings time. how do i update that?: MY Clock on my computer didn't update with daylight savings time. how do i update that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-clock-on-my-computer-didnt-update-with-daylight/d4f57798-a7cf-4632-8434-6d434cc35e76
  10. MY Clock on my computer didn't update with daylight savings time. how do i update that?

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY Clock on my computer didn't update with daylight savings time. how do i update that?: MY Clock on my computer didn't update with daylight savings time. how do i update that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-clock-on-my-computer-didnt-update-with-daylight/d4f57798-a7cf-4632-8434-6d434cc35e76