Windows 10: Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode

Discus and support Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My UK-based Community Hall recently installed a door entry system which uses software stored on an on-site Windows 10 laptop. The laptop is normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PaulFHYk, Apr 3, 2019.

1. PaulFHYk Win User

Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode

My UK-based Community Hall recently installed a door entry system which uses software stored on an on-site Windows 10 laptop. The laptop is normally left in sleep mode, but actively registers all door use while in that mode. It is only switched on when entry fobs need reprogramming, or for access audit purposes.

Last weekend the clocks changed from winter to summer time (Daylight Saving time). A hirer could not gain entry on the following Monday. The laptop had registered her entry attempt as being an hour earlier (ie winter time) , but had updated to the correct summer time as soon as I woke it from sleep mode. Thereafter hirers have accessed with no problem.

I do not wish to have to visit the Hall on the morning immediately following each six monthly clock change , merely to turn the laptop on and let it update the time.

Is there a fix which would allow the update to occur while the laptop is in sleep mode.

Grateful for any thoughts

:)

PaulFHYk, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows 10 Daylight Savings Time Button Grayed Out.

Hi Gary,

This issue may happen if your region or time zone doesn't observe Daylight Saving Time (DST).

To check if DST is available, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Click Date and Time.
    • Under Time zone, check if there's any indications regarding Daylight Saving Time.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Apr 3, 2019
  3. RPickoff Win User
    Daylight Savings Time

My treo 700w does not display the correct time, since the Daylight Savings Time change went into effect. I did download and install the following from Microsoft to try to remedy, and reset the device, as instructed.

http://mobile.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsmobile/updates/dst.aspx

but my calendar still shows appointments off by an hour.

Suggestions???

Robert M.Pickoff, M.D.

RPickoff, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode

Windows 10: Daylight Saving Time Adjustment not working

I had the same issue and tmillernl's fix worked for me. Woke up this morning to the time being an hour ahead (PC was left on overnight, but went to sleep). This is on Windows 10. I did things in the order suggested and it worked:

1) Turn off set time zone auto

2) Turn off adjust for daylight savings

3) Turn off set time auto

4) Turn on adjust for daylight savings

5) Turn on set time auto

Other combinations of the above settings that I tried before finding this post did not work.

nickelarcade, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode

1. Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode - Similar Threads - Daylight saving update

2. Daylight saving time issue on pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daylight saving time issue on pc.: Daylight saving time is turned on, but it didn't add one hour as it should be. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/daylight-saving-time-issue-on-pc/1ac0fdde-7188-484e-aed1-18abb6e9facf
  3. Abolition of Daylight Saving Time in Iran

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Abolition of Daylight Saving Time in Iran: From this year onward, Daylight Saving Time has been canceled and will no longer be implemented https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abolition-of-daylight-saving-time-in-iran/8d899b00-3cfd-44e8-aa6a-6f7b91b9260c
  4. Abolition of Daylight Saving Time in Iran

Abolition of Daylight Saving Time in Iran: From this year onward, Daylight Saving Time has been canceled and will no longer be implemented https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/abolition-of-daylight-saving-time-in-iran/8d899b00-3cfd-44e8-aa6a-6f7b91b9260c
  5. daylight saving time settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    daylight saving time settings: What does "Set time automatically" do when it's on, and at the same time "Adjust for daylight saving time" is off?I'm trying to disable the daylight saving time. Should I set both off, or the later is enough?...
  6. daylight saving time settings

daylight saving time settings: What does "Set time automatically" do when it's on, and at the same time "Adjust for daylight saving time" is off?I'm trying to disable the daylight saving time. Should I set both off, or the later is enough?...
  7. Samoa Scraps Daylight Saving Time

Samoa Scraps Daylight Saving Time: Samoa announced on Sep 20, 2021 that the day light savings adjustment policy is ceased. In windows, when switching timezone to Samoa, the day light savings time switch is enabled and can be toggled to on. This is causing windows to show a different time than the actual time...
  8. Daylight Savings Time is not observed by this time zone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Daylight Savings Time is not observed by this time zone.: Hi sir, I used Windows 10 OS. When I select india time zone I can't able to enable daylight savings mode. It going to OFF hide mode. It shows Daylight Savings Time is not observed by this time zone. If I use UTC 0.0 time zone that time only I can able to enable...
  9. Windows Doesn't Update to Daylight Savings Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Doesn't Update to Daylight Savings Time: Hi, All last winter, I had to manually change my clock every morning. Or just ignore my computer clock. Which was obviously not awesome. Why doesn't Windows 10 handle Daylight Savings correctly? Why can't it keep time? In particular, I can "sync now" and it will correct...
  10. Daylight Saving Time?

in Windows 10 Support
    Daylight Saving Time?: Hi, I live in California (Pacific Standard Time; PST). Today (November 1, 2020), Daylight Saving Time ends (move the clocks back 1 hour), yet my computer still hasn't automatically done that. This is the first time, that I can remember, where the computer didn't...