Windows 10: DBAN disk wipe on Bitlocker?

Discus and support DBAN disk wipe on Bitlocker? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My mother has an old laptop which is very slow running Win10 with Bitlocker encryption. I set it up for her in the past. She wants to get rid of it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, May 15, 2020.

1. DBAN disk wipe on Bitlocker?

My mother has an old laptop which is very slow running Win10 with Bitlocker encryption. I set it up for her in the past. She wants to get rid of it.

If the drive is encrypted, do I still need to wipe the data using DBAN?

The hard drive is an IDE drive, not SSD.

:)

win10freak, May 15, 2020
  2. cereberus Win User

DBAN instructions

You do not need to use dban unless you intend to pass device to anybody else. See tutorials section for step by setp guides to clean install windows 10.

cereberus, May 15, 2020
  3. DBAN instructions

So I wanna re-install Windows 10 using DBAN ie start over from scratch. Need a step-by-step guide, thank you.

CandleJakk, May 15, 2020
  4. Motim Win User

DBAN disk wipe on Bitlocker?

Using DBAN

Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition them.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

Motim, May 15, 2020
Thema:

DBAN disk wipe on Bitlocker?

1. DBAN disk wipe on Bitlocker? - Similar Threads - DBAN disk wipe

2. Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk: SO I Had a big 3 TB disk, I used one partition with bitlocker GPT, another that's 200 GB with Linux ubuntu on it and one with 9 GB for linux system required partition. I wanted to remove the linux. I used AOMEI assistant to delete linux partitions, but I did it without...
  3. Using DBAN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using DBAN: Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition them.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks 114606
  4. Using DBAN

in Windows 10 Support
    Using DBAN: Hello,Before running "DBAN" to wipe everything on both disks (old computer). Will the disks still be partitioned as they were, or have to repartition them.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks 114606
  5. BitLocker Encryption Process? Used or Entire Disk Space?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Encryption Process? Used or Entire Disk Space?: Hello everyone, Since choosing to encrypt the ENTIRE drive with BitLocker which can take very long time to complete, can I encrypt the Used Disk Space only when re-installing Windows 10? When there is a need for me to reinstall Windows, here is how I do it. 1. Boot...
  6. Problems running DBAN

Problems running DBAN: I started a thread yesterday that started with the words Professional Cleaning and am trying to follow the advice I was given in that thread. The first thing I was advised to do was run DBAN to clean the hard drive but I'm having trouble with that and am hoping someone can...
  7. BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted

BitLocker Used Disk Space Only Encrypted: I have been using my laptop for a while, but no sensitive data stored on it yet and I just enabled Bitlocker with the Used Space option to save time. The files that were deleted are NOT sensitive. A few questions here. 1. When I decide to reinstall Windows 10 again on...
  8. DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke): DBAN is a tool that some find useful. All this installing, updating, uninstalling, ad infinite, can be simplified somewhat by swapping drives, wiping, replacing, etc. I've also seen posts where drives were trashed?? I doubt it but regardless................... Spare drives...
  9. DBAN instructions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DBAN instructions: So I wanna re-install Windows 10 using DBAN ie start over from scratch. Need a step-by-step guide, thank you. 57145
  10. UEFI newbie: How to wipe the whole disk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI newbie: How to wipe the whole disk?: Hi geeks. I am a total UEFI n00b, only having one PC with it all others being legacy BIOS systems. I know my way around BIOS and have now familiarized myself with UEFI settings, I think that in settings and how to change them / what they do I do not need help. My...