Windows 10: dbghelp.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support dbghelp.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there. My Alienware m17r3 laptop, running Windows 10 Home, has been getting a recurring BSOD; driver power state failure. BlueScreenView points to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TickleBiscuit, Feb 6, 2021.

1. dbghelp.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi there. My Alienware m17r3 laptop, running Windows 10 Home, has been getting a recurring BSOD; driver power state failure. BlueScreenView points to ntoskrnrl.exe+3f5780, and WhoCrashed says it's most likely caused by dbghelp.sys.

The issue occurs whether my computer was woken up from sleep, or is running after a restart. My mouse pointer becomes unusable, and the BSOD occurs shortly after. I am using a fresh install of Windows, about a week old, and I just got done using DDU to do a clean install of my NVIDIA driver, only selecting the driver and nothing else upon install.

I am coming here for help because my method of Googling other [SOLVED] posts of this type of BSOD and trying the fixes provided is not doing it for me. This link is for a One Drive folder that contains all five of my minidumps, my system information from msinfo32, and a complete list of drivers from Driver View. Please let me know if you need anything more.

Thank you.

:)

TickleBiscuit, Feb 6, 2021
  2. radonkers Win User

recurring Driver_power_state_failure with Windows 10

Latest update #2: bad news! Driver_power_state_failure error occurred again yesterday, so the latest nVidia driver update does not appear to have been the solution. So I shifted my focus to ZigZags suggestion to update the NW1900.sys driver, but I cannot
    find an update anywhere online. My PC display driver is provided by NextWindow, but I think they are no longer in business. I have version 1.4.0.0, which was released in 2012-5-17. Any suggestions.

radonkers, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving Blue Screen error with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you receive the Blue Screen error?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have tried to access the link for dump files shared by you. However, I was unable to access the link. I would suggest you to upload the files in OneDrive and share the link.

The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error occurs when the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Remarks section of the
    article Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    and see if that helps.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article Troubleshoot
    blue screen errors

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 6, 2021
  4. dbghelp.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys)

Hi Nezar,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

File igdkmd64.sys is the Intel Graphics Kernel Mode Driver for Microsoft Windows 8.

I would suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manager
    • Expand the Display Adapter section.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.

Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the Display card Driver.
    • Right click Display card Driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Hope this helps and do let us know if you need any assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

dbghelp.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

1. dbghelp.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - dbghelp sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys: Hello,I've a DELL Precision 5570 laptop and since some days it is suffering of freezes that ends in BSOD, analyzing the windows dump file I see always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f exception.Any help is appreciated!Here below the WinDBG analysis output:Microsoft R Windows...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys: Hello,I've a DELL Precision 5570 laptop and since some days it is suffering of freezes that ends in BSOD, analyzing the windows dump file I see always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f exception.Any help is appreciated!Here below the WinDBG analysis output:Microsoft R Windows...
  4. Blue Screen UsbHub3.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f on brand new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen UsbHub3.sys DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f on brand new laptop: Hi, A few days ago i bought brand new Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 NH. I installed the latest Windows 10 Pro, then all the drivers from Acer website, the newest bios and latest Nvidia drivers from nvidia website. I also installed the latest 3D Mark, relal temp, and occt to check...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Customization
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Beste allemaal, vandaag was ik met mijn laptop bezig lenovo ideapad 330 15inch gaming en oppeens maakte hij een raar geluid, viel uit en begon weer op te starten. Ik dacht; nou vreemd misschien crashde hij door de game die ik aan het spelen was. Dus ik wou weer inloggen...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I'm using the most recently updated version of Windows on my laptop, and trying to use the Adobe Photoshop program. The program always opens without trouble, but as soon as I attempt to upload a photo from my cloud into the application, it freezes, and my laptop restarts with...
  7. Driver_Power_State_Failure

Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hey guys. I've been having a recent issue with my laptop blue screening again. I have updated all of my drivers and checked everything the best I could but have not been able to find any solutions to the Driver_Power_State_Failure. Here is my minidump files on my OneDrive:...
  8. Driver_power_state_failure

Driver_power_state_failure: After upgrading to windows 10 I can't stop having BSOD such as " DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE " It's driving me crazy, the PC isn't new but it isn't old either. Driver as far as I know are up to date. Can someone kindly please help me *Sad. Minidump. Crash Dump Analysis...
  9. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - tcpip.sys, netwbw02.sys

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - tcpip.sys, netwbw02.sys: Recently I have been getting BSODs every couple of days and sometimes multiple times per day. I used Windbg and !analyze -v to see that tcpip.sys was the culprit, and then !irp on the 4th parameter to see mentions of Netwbw02.sys and vwifibus. I read somewhere that netwbw02...
  10. driver_power_state_failure

driver_power_state_failure: Hi, on my Win 10 machine I get a BSOD when I wake the computer up from sleep or hibernate. It is usually almost immediately after the PC wakes, but sometimes a minute later. The error code I receive is: driver_power_state_failure Once I reboot, the PC works without issue....