Windows 10: Dcom breaking windows 10 build 1909 search function

Discus and support Dcom breaking windows 10 build 1909 search function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyone have a solution for this? I have done it on multiple machines and it is 100% repeatable. Fresh Win 10 build 1909 installs on multiple machines.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Albert3269, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Dcom breaking windows 10 build 1909 search function

Anyone have a solution for this? I have done it on multiple machines and it is 100% repeatable.

Fresh Win 10 build 1909 installs on multiple machines.

1. Set the default authentication level from connect to none under the system wide dcom section under my computer. Default impersonation level is set to identify
    2. Reboot the computer
    3. Click in the search window or icon on the toolbar from the desktop and it just turns black and looks like it disappeared.
    4. Click the start button and type in a letter of your favorite application and it does nothing. It’s like it doesn’t recognize keyboard input.
    5. Open windows explorer and click on the search window in the top right corner it does nothing like the control is dead.

When I change the default authentication level back to connect and reboot everything works again.. I'm really getting frustrated with this. Before you ask. yes, I need to change the dcom settings.. it worked as it should in win 10 build 1803.

:)

Albert3269, Jun 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 search function is not available

The search function of windows 10 1909 cannot be used. Once you click the search icon, it will disappear. It is impossible to successfully establish a test account, SFC, msconfig, and download ISO for repair. What else can I do?

Nicolus Cheng, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Dcom breaking windows 10 build 1909 search function

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Dcom breaking windows 10 build 1909 search function

1. Dcom breaking windows 10 build 1909 search function - Similar Threads - Dcom breaking build

2. Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings: After changing the DCOM default Authentication Level in Component Services from 'Connect' to 'None' and restarting the device, the Search function no longer works. Typing in the search bar, pressing Win+S or typing anything with the start menu open does not give any...
  3. Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings: After changing the DCOM default Authentication Level in Component Services from 'Connect' to 'None' and restarting the device, the Search function no longer works. Typing in the search bar, pressing Win+S or typing anything with the start menu open does not give any...
  4. Search not functioning after changing DCOM settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. windows 10 1909 build can't search in settings

in Cortana
    windows 10 1909 build can't search in settings: hi, it will straight to the point just like the subject was my microsoft windows 10 build 1909 cant search menu in settings. like typing "windows update" it just shown up "settings app" not the topic i was searching, please help[ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 1909 search function is not available

in Cortana
    Windows 10 1909 search function is not available: The search function of windows 10 1909 cannot be used. Once you click the search icon, it will disappear. It is impossible to successfully establish a test account, SFC, msconfig, and download ISO for repair. What else can I do?...
  7. windows 10 search 1909

in Cortana
    windows 10 search 1909: When I open windows 10 search it is always blank and it does not shows any result can I get help in this issue Thanks you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-1909/c53d1715-0b49-46ec-96c3-fa7fb0af16d4"
  8. Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update to 1909 breaks folder search completely: I'm not even going to mention how thick and ugly the new search bar looks compared to the other ui elements, or how having to press enter to actually search for something instead of it happening in real time with each letter narrowing down the search like before; but what...
  9. Windows Upgrade breaks functionality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Upgrade breaks functionality: I upgraded my windows 7 pc to windows 10 through Windows Media Creation Tool and noticed changes I deem unexpected (some of which I'll explain along with the steps I took to attempt fixing). The main thing is a stretched display. Here is what I tried: -Meddling with the...
  10. Windows 10: Search functionality updated in upcoming builds

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Search functionality updated in upcoming builds: [img] Microsoft is constantly tweaking the user interface in Windows 10 to make sure the experience is cohesive and that trend will continue with future builds of Windows 10. One area that will be updated in an upcoming build is how searching works inside the OS and the...