Windows 10: DCOM error 10001 Windows 10 when I am trying to run any Windows Store apps

Discus and support DCOM error 10001 Windows 10 when I am trying to run any Windows Store apps in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with most of the apps on my windows 10 laptop. I haven't been able to open ANY of the apps that have been installed via... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Devildog1968, Nov 11, 2018.

1. DCOM error 10001 Windows 10 when I am trying to run any Windows Store apps

I have been having an issue with most of the apps on my windows 10 laptop. I haven't been able to open ANY of the apps that have been installed via the MS Store and that includes the store itself. This has been going of for at least 6 months and I have finally given up and I am asking for help.

I have tried everything I have found on the internet to fix these issues but nothing is helping. I tried resetting the apps which only caused them to disappear. I can't even find the store anymore.

Here is a list of things I have tried but it might not be complete as I have forgotten all I have tried but all have done NOTHING:

I tried wsreset

I tried to deleted the folders in AppData

I did two in-place upgrades/reinstalls

I ran two different commands in powershell to reset and reinstall the apps

I ran DISM to repair them

I tried to reset and reinstall the apps but that just ended up with errors and then they disappeared

I am sure I have done other things than this but this is a good summary so far.

My PC is patched and up to date

I only run the Windows AV but have I checked my machine with MacAfee Stinger and there was no malware discovered each time.

It is very frustrating that I cannot run calculator, MS games and most of the more useful things I used to use on this machine. Any help would be great!

Thank you in advance!

:)

Devildog1968, Nov 11, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

DCOM error 10001 Windows 10 when I am trying to run any Windows Store apps

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

DCOM error 10001 Windows 10 when I am trying to run any Windows Store apps

1. DCOM error 10001 Windows 10 when I am trying to run any Windows Store apps - Similar Threads - DCOM error 10001

2. Windows Store opening when I'm try to run an app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store opening when I'm try to run an app: Whenever I'm trying to run an app, it says that it's not a supported app by the windows store. I don't know if this is to deal with the version of windows I'm using, but it happens whenever I try to install steam, or start up livesplit, and it's gotten to the point where I...
  3. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM: Hi, Windows 10 64-bit 2004 I'm seeing the following errors in Event Viewer. I have disabled Cortana via gpedit but that does not help. However, that did not help either. Already tried. 1. SFC /scannow 2. DISM 3. Delete "TileDataLayer" folder 4. Get-AppXPackage...
  4. Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana error in Windows 10 event viewer ID 10001 DCOM: Hi, Windows 10 64-bit 2004 I'm seeing the following errors in Event Viewer. I have disabled Cortana via gpedit but that does not help. However, that did not help either. Already tried. 1. SFC /scannow 2. DISM 3. Delete "TileDataLayer" folder 4. Get-AppXPackage...
  5. Windows Weather App automatically crash [DCOM Error 10001]

Windows Weather App automatically crash [DCOM Error 10001]: Good evening! I am trying to fix the issue after using Blackbird privacy tool; however a blackbird restore point and in-place upgrade doesn't fix it. Error is Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.BingWeather_4.36.20714.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App as...
  6. microsoft store not working. i will try downloading any app then the store is error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store not working. i will try downloading any app then the store is error.: HELLO MICROSOFT TEAM THIS IS AVINASH SHAKAYA I NEED YOUR HELP'...
  7. i am trying ti install windows 10 but am running windows 8.1. I am getting an error message...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i am trying ti install windows 10 but am running windows 8.1. I am getting an error message...: i am trying to install windows 10 but am running windows 8.1. I am getting an error mwessage 0x8007005-0x2000A https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-ti-install-windows-10-but-am-running/08eaf2e9-6c3d-4e73-bd8a-a4ad91801f28
  8. DCOM event 10001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM event 10001: What does this mean: Unable to start a DCOM Server: {995C996E-D918-4A8C-A302-45719A6F4EA7} as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error: "0" Happened while starting this command: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll,SHCreateLocalServerRunDll...
  9. Windows store not launching event id error 10001

Windows store not launching event id error 10001: I updated the windows store yesterday night, after the update completed the windows store would not launch anymore. I checked the event viewer and I would get the following error every time I try to open the store: Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  10. EventViewer DCOM error 10001?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EventViewer DCOM error 10001?: I am not sure where to post this thread - I will not be in the least offended if someone moves it for me. Thanks! I have a few DistributedCOM errors in my event viewer every time I start my computer and I'm trying to track them down and get rid of them. This one is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 10001 windows 10

2. dcom 10001 windows app

3. dcom event 10001 windows store

4. DCOM ark crashes,
  5. windows 10 cant open specific app dcom,
  6. dcom error 10001 shell32.dll,
  7. dcom problem with ms apps 10001,
  8. dcom error windows store apps,
  9. dcom 10001,
  10. store apps dcom 10010,
  11. windows 10 dcom windows store