Windows 10: DCOM Error when launching Windows Games.

Discus and support DCOM Error when launching Windows Games. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to launch my XBOX crossplay enabled game Ark: Survival Evolved. I went to my eventlog and got the DCOM error. The application-specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HeidiRowland, May 2, 2019.

1. DCOM Error when launching Windows Games.

I'm trying to launch my XBOX crossplay enabled game Ark: Survival Evolved. I went to my eventlog and got the DCOM error.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

What do I do?

:)

HeidiRowland, May 2, 2019

2. Launching games

Hi Wesley,

Windows 10 is gamer-friendly by design. If an issue like being unable to launch a game happens, it can be caused by outdated display driver or other factors that cause conflict when launching the app. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask for additional
    information. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting an error message when launching the game?
    • Have you made any changes to the settings or installed updates prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What specific games are you having issues with?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, May 2, 2019
  3. Trying to launch game, receiving error code: 0xc000007b

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are getting this error code: 0xc000007b when launching a game. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with your other games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, May 2, 2019
  4. DCOM Error when launching Windows Games.

Games won't launch and run in background.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know with the following information for better assistance:

• What exactly do you mean by games does not run in the background?
    • Which are the games you are trying to launch?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error notification while trying to launch the game?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

I would like to inform that the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x86,
    usually occupy 1 GB of the storage space.

I suggest you to run disk cleanup to free the memory: Free up drive space in Windows 10
    and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 2, 2019
Thema:

DCOM Error when launching Windows Games.

1. DCOM Error when launching Windows Games. - Similar Threads - DCOM Error launching

2. InitDirectDraw Error when launching games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    InitDirectDraw Error when launching games: Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to post, but I'm hoping someone can help me.I have a series of Nancy Drew PC games that I was able to play on a previous device that ran Windows 10 I think. I'm trying to play them now but the older games from the early-late 2000s...
  3. InitDirectDraw Error when launching games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    InitDirectDraw Error when launching games: Hi, I'm not sure this is the right place to post, but I'm hoping someone can help me.I have a series of Nancy Drew PC games that I was able to play on a previous device that ran Windows 10 I think. I'm trying to play them now but the older games from the early-late 2000s...
  4. c0000005 error code when launching game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c0000005 error code when launching game: Whenever I try to boot up Forza 5 it crashes and give me this error code in the event viewer:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Windows Error Reporting Date: 10/13/2022 11:47:46 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: InformationKeywords: ClassicFault bucket , type 0Event...
  5. c0000005 error code when launching game

c0000005 error code when launching game: Whenever I try to boot up Forza 5 it crashes and give me this error code in the event viewer:Log Name: ApplicationSource: Windows Error Reporting Date: 10/13/2022 11:47:46 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: InformationKeywords: ClassicFault bucket , type 0Event...
  6. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1114 DLL Error when launch game: the dynamic link library initialization program crashedDLL - google translator.https://store.steampowered.com/app/814540/Changed/I have already tried to reinstall visual c++ and change video card settings....
  7. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1114 DLL Error when launch game: the dynamic link library initialization program crashedDLL - google translator.https://store.steampowered.com/app/814540/Changed/I have already tried to reinstall visual c++ and change video card settings....
  8. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

9. Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016.

in Windows 10 Support
    Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016.: So I have noticed that launching Steam now gives the error too now just like Google Chrome. I look in the past and the letters in the DCOM error are a little different than chrome but it still happens the same. Sigh Windows 10.... *Doh 111585
  10. DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**

in Windows 10 Support
    DCom Launch permission error 10016 **FIX**: **Update** Links to a possible fix. http://tinyurl.com/yalc7gdg https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/73988-cortana-dcom-error-event-10016-a.html This Immersive Shell error pops up in duplicate, and usually cites application container...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. games wont launch dcom error

2. how to dcom for games