Windows 10: DCOM error when starting standard apps

Discus and support DCOM error when starting standard apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After updating my laptop (Asus Transformer), I couldn't open the preinstalled standard apps (Mail, Store, Paint3D, ...), they pop up and after that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/huthlu, Jan 14, 2020.

1. /u/huthlu Win User

DCOM error when starting standard apps

After updating my laptop (Asus Transformer), I couldn't open the preinstalled standard apps (Mail, Store, Paint3D, ...), they pop up and after that they close immediatly. The error shown in the event monitor says:

"The server 'Microsoft.WindowsStore12001.1001.1.0x64<some random letters>!App' couldn't be registered in the given time by DCOM" (Sorry it's tranlated by myself because the systems language is german)

Source: DistributedCOM Event-ID: 10010 Layer: Error

Does anyone experienced something similar or have/had the same problem?

submitted by /u/huthlu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/huthlu, Jan 14, 2020

2. Some Windows 10 apps not working with DCOM error

Hello, I have been having this problem for a while now. There are some apps not working on a W10 Pro install, specifically:

Microsoft Finance app

Microsoft Weather app

Facebook Messenger app

I get these errors in event viewer:

Finance app:

Error 10010: "AppexFinance Server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout"

Error 5973: "Activation of app AppID failed with error: app not started"

Weather app:

Error 10010: "App Server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout"

Messenger app:

Error 10010: "App Server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout"

This doesn't happen with any new app I install, just with Facebook Messenger for now and the two Microsoft apps.

Is there a way to fix this without creating a new user account? I really need to keep this account.

PS: I have already tried sfc /scannow, which as usual amounted to nothing.

I've also tried this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-56817b072905

Cooperdale, Jan 14, 2020
  3. addas Win User
    Start Menu/Search/Action Center not working. Unable to load DCOM Servr

Hello guys!
    I got an issue that I used a registry cleaner then the News store app stopped working so I used the get-appx Powershell command to try to fix it then start menu (ShellExperienceHost & Cortana) stopped working.

What I tried so far
    • In-place upgrade didn't work
    • sfc /scannow didn't find any corruption
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth No corruption detected
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Command runned but didn't fix anything
    • Uninstalled Anti-Virus
    • Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”} Didn't work

Now I got these errors in Event Viewer for the apps:
    • Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.12.2.18334_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958031"Happened while starting this command:"C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe" -ServerName:CortanaUI.AppXa50dqqa5gqv4a428c9y1jjw7m3btvepj.mca

• Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_10.0.18334.1_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958031"Happened while starting this command:"C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExpe rienceHost.exe" -ServerName:App.AppXywbrabmsek0gm3tkwpr5kwzbs55tkqay.mca (Event ID: 10001)

Please tell me of any possible solutions other than clean install because I want clean install to be my last resort as I have a lot of apps/programs installed in the system!

Thanks!

Regards,

addas, Jan 14, 2020
  4. borgus Win User

DCom persistent error

Remote proxy factory 32 class writes a Dcom Event Viewer error when EDGE, with multi-tabs, is closed...saying that it doesn't have activation permission for NJNxxx\My Account. It has.

In this HOME version, there are two registry entries for the RPF32 class. In each, Desktop-NJNxxx\Users; Desktop-NJNxxx\My Account; Desktop-NJNxxx\Administrators and SYSTEM have full control.

The same entries appear in DComcfg, along with Local Service, which has been given local launch permission for both RPF32class entries.

So, the permissions procedure has been followed, yet the error persists. Why?

(This box has HOME Win10. Another, with PRO, uses default Dcom settings and doesn't reference 'Desktop-NJNxxx. ' It instead lists the user name, and it never throws the Dcom error. That's likely not relevant - just a naming convention difference.)

borgus, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. DCOM error when starting standard apps - Similar Threads - DCOM error starting

2. Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Photos Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Photos Error: Hi,Since April 11 my windows\temp folder is filling up with junk .evtx files.Went to the EventViewer and saw that the following message occurs every 15 minutes:"Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR: I encountered followed error:Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Wallet_2.4.18324.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.AppXgvxkrr1tm1jwgecmqbxe81yfbwpjdn1h.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958106"Happened while starting this...
  4. Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR: I encountered followed error:Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Wallet_2.4.18324.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App.AppXgvxkrr1tm1jwgecmqbxe81yfbwpjdn1h.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958106"Happened while starting this...
  5. Unable to start a DCOM Server ERROR

6. "Unable to start a DCOM Server" Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unable to start a DCOM Server" Error: I have hundred of this error when I start my computer:Unable to start a DCOM Server: MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_1000.22000.258.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!InputApp as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958023"Happened while starting this...
  7. "Unable to start a DCOM Server" Error

"Unable to start a DCOM Server" Error: I have hundred of this error when I start my computer:Unable to start a DCOM Server: MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_1000.22000.258.0_x64__cw5n1h2txyewy!InputApp as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:"2147958023"Happened while starting this...
  8. Unable to start a DCOM Server Error

Unable to start a DCOM Server Error: So my computer has been restarting randomly recently and I keep getting this error message in event viewer: Unable to start a DCOM Server: {3C296D07-90AE-4FAC-86F9-65EAA8B82D22}. The error: "2147942625" Happened while starting this command:...
  9. DCOM Error

DCOM Error: Hi i have been having an issue with the following error: My surface pro displays a bluescreen a quick error message the pc has experienced an error. Boots to UEFI and I have to manually restart. I have done all my updates and I even went back to factory default and the issue...
  10. Skype no longer starts with DCOM error

Skype no longer starts with DCOM error: Whenever I try to start the Skype Windows 10 app the app closes immediately and drops the following into the System event long: The server Microsoft.SkypeApp_14.40.70.0_x64__kzf8qxf38zg5c!App.AppX83nfr1wxf8k71mee5c2w5x6mbn0f3kng.mca did not register with DCOM within the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to start a dcom server: microsoft.windows.startmenuexperiencehost

2. start menu experience host dcom time out

3. bluescreena distributet com 10010 skype

4. 417976B7-917D-4F1E-8F14-C18FCCB0B3A8