Windows 10: DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts

Discus and support DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just got a new Surface Pro 6 and I've installed IIS, Visual Studio Code, etc., but I can't get ashx scripts to run on this PC. Even the simplest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Patrick Wenzel, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts

I just got a new Surface Pro 6 and I've installed IIS, Visual Studio Code, etc., but I can't get ashx scripts to run on this PC. Even the simplest ashx script fails to run. The same scripts run on other Windows 10 machines. I've set the same options in IIS. I am getting Error 10016 in the event logs when ever I attempt to run an ashx file.

What did I do wrong?

:)

Patrick Wenzel, Sep 10, 2019

2. 'long running script' error

Hi Sandi,

The issue may occur due to setting configuration of your IE11. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest to check this thread:
    Message that website is not responding due to a long running script
    . Look for Don Varnau answer. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 10, 2019
  3. long running script error on IE11

what long running script error?

Cite:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 10, 2019
  4. DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts

long running script in email account

Hi,

The long-running script error usually occurs when there are issues with Internet Explorer.

To resolve your concern, we suggest turning off the scripting debugger in Internet Explorer 11. Please follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner, then select Internet Options.
    • On the Advanced tab, uncheck Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and
      Disable script debugging (Other).
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, check if the issue will still persist.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts

1. DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts - Similar Threads - DCOM errors attempting

2. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services: This has happened 95 times in total and i have not see anyone capable of fixing it .The system froze at logo screen.I had to force boot manager to start the system.After 3 more froze , it finally boot into safe mode and created this beautfiul scenes of errors.I have checked...
  3. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services: This has happened 95 times in total and i have not see anyone capable of fixing it .The system froze at logo screen.I had to force boot manager to start the system.After 3 more froze , it finally boot into safe mode and created this beautfiul scenes of errors.I have checked...
  4. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service

DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service: Hi guy,My screen went blue screen and the event log full of:DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service TokenBroker with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:Windows.Internal.Security.Authentication.Web.WamProviderRegistrationDCOM got error "1084"...
  6. OpenGl error when attempting to run Minecraft

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OpenGl error when attempting to run Minecraft: I have a brand new desktop from Dell equipped with AMD Radeon 5700xt GPU. For some reason, I can't find any credible sources for how to ficx the OpenGL error that pops up when I try to run Minecraft. This is ultra upsetting. Some one help me. I don't want to download anything...
  7. Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin: I was able to find a few threads referring to this same issue but they were dated several years ago and after trying everything that was suggested in that thread I gave up. When attempting to run Origin I get 2 messages that are almost identical "The code execution cannot...
  8. Long running script error

Long running script error: I keep getting a long running script error. How do I correct this? Thanking you in advance, S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/long-running-script-error/43036f9d-f7d1-47be-9e07-bda7050a6e6a
  9. "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything

in Windows 10 Support
    "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything: Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I shouldn't have done at the same time) and suddenly I couldn't run any apps. Whenever I attempt to launch anything either by double...
  10. Setting DCOM authorities by script

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Setting DCOM authorities by script: I've been trying to set DCOM authorities via powershell (specifically for the 10016 error often reported here on Tenforums). I've no problem making them look the same when looked at through both through the GUI and powershell but adding this by powershell breaks all modern...