Windows 10: DCOM headaches: No more MS products for me. That's it!

Discus and support DCOM headaches: No more MS products for me. That's it! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well, at this point I give up. I wasted 4 hours of my time trying to figure out something that's basically broken and I have no clue of how to fix it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewRay_12345, Jul 8, 2020.

1. DCOM headaches: No more MS products for me. That's it!

Well, at this point I give up. I wasted 4 hours of my time trying to figure out something that's basically broken and I have no clue of how to fix it.

Today, all of a sudden, I couldn't resume the PC from the screen-saver. I had no choice but switch off the PC.

Once back, I've found this in the event log:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID ... and APPID

Eventually, I realized I was logged off Microsoft Edge and all the other services Sticky notes, OneNote, ToDo...

There's no way for me to log back in. This is what I get every time:

Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to Settings > Account > Sign-in options

Except I don't see any PIN option in the account settings, only the password, but that's a different thing from my Outlook account.

Now I can't even access my bookmarks, or my collections.

Oh well, I was already looking for alternatives anyway. I want to get rid of as much stuff as possible that's MS related at this point. I cannot waste my time on this frustrating issues. So, Joplin instead of Onenote, Vivaldi, Firefox, Chrome, or Brave instead of Edge, plenty of sticky notes apps and so on.

All that said, if anyone have some idea that can help me figure out this sign-in issue, I would appreciate it.

I already tried this to no avail:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-event-10016-error-the-application-specific-permission-settings-do-not-grant-local-activation-permission-in-windows-10

and this

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-specific-permission-settings-do-not/2773e956-2cde-4d86-9a79-874761b65856

:)

AndrewRay_12345, Jul 8, 2020

2. The server {0002DF02-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Thanks for your help and pointers; here again, I proceeded with all steps but there are still 4 DCOM servers timing out at boot time

• The server {21F282D1-A881-49E1-9A3A-26E44E39B86C} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    • The server {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    • The server {784E29F4-5EBE-4279-9948-1E8FE941646D} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

AlexandreMAURER, Jul 8, 2020
  3. [MS-DCOM]: Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) Remote Protocol is no working after the patch applied on the server machine.

Hi,

Most of our server machine is failed to connect using MS-DCOM. It was working before the patch applied. We are facing difficulties to identify the windows security updated related to DCOM (means to find the exact KB version installed updated is showing more
    than 100 KB).

Please help us to find the root cause of this issue. This is happening all the server after applying the windows patch.

It's working after reverting the patch as well. Happy to provide more details let me know any other information is needed to troubleshoot.

JojiAbraham, Jul 8, 2020
  4. DCOM headaches: No more MS products for me. That's it!

DCOM

We appreciate the comprehensive response. The log appears to be records of certain processes which don't have permission to the
    DCOM components. If the recorded logs doesn't imply a direct effect on the device's performance, then we suggest not modify/configure
    DCOM since this may cause other issues/ may have side effects. In addition, it's
    better to just ignore these errors because they don't adversely affect functionality.

You can check this support article for more information regarding the error
    on the log that you received.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

DCOM headaches: No more MS products for me. That's it!

1. DCOM headaches: No more MS products for me. That's it! - Similar Threads - DCOM headaches more

2. Edge gives me headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge gives me headache: Edge not working properly in Windows 11. I clear cache and cookies over all still the same. It will not respond sometimes and when I open a new link it will not open at all. I can only open first page and not even responding when you open a new tab. I have Windows 11 so it is...
  3. Edge gives me headache

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge gives me headache: Edge not working properly in Windows 11. I clear cache and cookies over all still the same. It will not respond sometimes and when I open a new link it will not open at all. I can only open first page and not even responding when you open a new tab. I have Windows 11 so it is...
  4. Bluetooth is giving me a headache

Bluetooth is giving me a headache: So, my Bluetooth just vanished like a fart in the wind. I reinstalled the driver and made sure it was updated, ran Bluetooth troubleshooter, made sure all other drivers/computer were up to date, SFC for fun, DISM for fun, made sure Bluetooth was on in services, etc. The only...
  5. Bluetooth is giving me a headache

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is giving me a headache: So, my Bluetooth just vanished like a fart in the wind. I reinstalled the driver and made sure it was updated, ran Bluetooth troubleshooter, made sure all other drivers/computer were up to date, SFC for fun, DISM for fun, made sure Bluetooth was on in services, etc. The only...
  6. A colossal headache

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A colossal headache: So I have built my own pc (all the wires are plugged in correctly) and I ran the windows 10 install, there was some kind of electrical disturbance that made my pc turn off. Now the drive is partitioned in a non MBR way, I cant format it through CMD beacuse I get an I/O error,...
  7. This Spotlight image is giving me a headache

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This Spotlight image is giving me a headache: For the last few days, almost an entire week, the Windows Spotlight feature gave me a really nice looking image for my lock screen. It was a black and white picture of a lighthouse. I loved it, but I was bothered that I couldn't save it. Today it changed into something...
  8. More Logitech C070 Headaches...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    More Logitech C070 Headaches...: My Logitech 271 Webcam stopped working after I fixed aftert the Anniversary Update. The problem is back again...sound is great but video isn't functioning. I bought another C270 thinking the hardware would be better but it didn't help. Considering Logitech is the...
  9. OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more

OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more: hi. i have had this problem in the past and was advised by microsoft to 'reinstall my OS'--which is what they say any time they don't know offhand what to do. so--from time to time i'll check to make sure the icon is still in notification area. i have had no problems, so i...
  10. What a headache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What a headache: "I'll go and make a coffee whilst I wait for the file to open'' It took 2 years before W7 worked satisfactory. How many years till W10 works properly? Do I have to go thru this all over again. Howabout you develop a product that actually works properly before releasing it? Up...