Windows 10: DCOM Issue after installing Windows Patch KB5004238

Discus and support DCOM Issue after installing Windows Patch KB5004238 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I currently have a custom application that's attempting to pull OPC data from a Windows 2016 server. Prior to updating my server with the patch, the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by puritatemcordis, Jul 27, 2021.

1. DCOM Issue after installing Windows Patch KB5004238

I currently have a custom application that's attempting to pull OPC data from a Windows 2016 server. Prior to updating my server with the patch, the application was able to collect data from the OPC server on the 2016 server. However, after updating the Windows 2016 server with the KB5004238 patch, the application was unable to pull the OPC data anymore. If I remove the patch, then I'm able to pull data again. However, I know that it comes with many improvements to Windows security.Does anyone know what DCOM settings were changed with the KB5004238 patch? That would make it easier for me to tr

:)

puritatemcordis, Jul 27, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 27, 2021
  3. [MS-DCOM]: Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) Remote Protocol is no working after the patch applied on the server machine.

Hi,

Most of our server machine is failed to connect using MS-DCOM. It was working before the patch applied. We are facing difficulties to identify the windows security updated related to DCOM (means to find the exact KB version installed updated is showing more
    than 100 KB).

Please help us to find the root cause of this issue. This is happening all the server after applying the windows patch.

It's working after reverting the patch as well. Happy to provide more details let me know any other information is needed to troubleshoot.

JojiAbraham, Jul 27, 2021
  4. DCOM Issue after installing Windows Patch KB5004238

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

DCOM Issue after installing Windows Patch KB5004238

1. DCOM Issue after installing Windows Patch KB5004238 - Similar Threads - DCOM Issue installing

2. Adfs issue after installing KB5019966 patch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adfs issue after installing KB5019966 patch: Hi All,I am facing issue with my ADFS server after I installed the KB5019966 patch on my windows server 2016. Users are not able to authenticate via ADFS. I checked ADFS is working good using MS claims X-ray testing tool and also IDPinitiatedsignon is set true and working but...
  3. Adfs issue after installing KB5019966 patch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adfs issue after installing KB5019966 patch: Hi All,I am facing issue with my ADFS server after I installed the KB5019966 patch on my windows server 2016. Users are not able to authenticate via ADFS. I checked ADFS is working good using MS claims X-ray testing tool and also IDPinitiatedsignon is set true and working but...
  4. Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation: I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September patches and now I own a pretty brick.The Operating system boots and loads. The time/date screen appears but the logon window...
  5. Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation

Major Issue after Sept Patch Installation: I run a Dell Latitude 5490 laptop with Windows 11. It was fully patched and updated with all necessary hardware updates. I installed the September patches and now I own a pretty brick.The Operating system boots and loads. The time/date screen appears but the logon window...
  6. DCOM Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM Issue: May i know what is the reason cause this error?? OS is Windows Server 2012 Std R2.DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer 192.168.51.5 using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID 8d0 C:\Program Files x86\Fortinet\FSAE\collectoragent.exe.And how to solve...
  7. DCOM Issue

DCOM Issue: May i know what is the reason cause this error?? OS is Windows Server 2012 Std R2.DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer 192.168.51.5 using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID 8d0 C:\Program Files x86\Fortinet\FSAE\collectoragent.exe.And how to solve...
  8. Windows 8.1 patch installation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8.1 patch installation issue: Maybe some of the honorable Members can provide detailed technical advice.Kind Regard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-patch-installation-issue/dd4255e2-7581-44a7-8848-af590ffe8a65
  9. Windows 8.1 patch installation issue

Windows 8.1 patch installation issue: Maybe some of the honorable Members can provide detailed technical advice.Kind Regard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-81-patch-installation-issue/dd4255e2-7581-44a7-8848-af590ffe8a65
  10. Cumulative update KB5004238 in not installing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cumulative update KB5004238 in not installing.: Hi All,I have been trying to update cumulative update KB5004238 from a month now. Tried everything possible reset windows components, sfc /now ran couple of times but it completes without any errors. We are not using any WSUS server of we have not configured any policies...