Windows 10: DCom persistent error

Discus and support DCom persistent error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Remote proxy factory 32 class writes a Dcom Event Viewer error when EDGE, with multi-tabs, is closed...saying that it doesn't have activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, May 1, 2017.

1. borgus Win User

DCom persistent error

Remote proxy factory 32 class writes a Dcom Event Viewer error when EDGE, with multi-tabs, is closed...saying that it doesn't have activation permission for NJNxxx\My Account. It has.

In this HOME version, there are two registry entries for the RPF32 class. In each, Desktop-NJNxxx\Users; Desktop-NJNxxx\My Account; Desktop-NJNxxx\Administrators and SYSTEM have full control.

The same entries appear in DComcfg, along with Local Service, which has been given local launch permission for both RPF32class entries.

So, the permissions procedure has been followed, yet the error persists. Why?

(This box has HOME Win10. Another, with PRO, uses default Dcom settings and doesn't reference 'Desktop-NJNxxx. ' It instead lists the user name, and it never throws the Dcom error. That's likely not relevant - just a naming convention difference.)

:)

borgus, May 1, 2017

2. Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081704) - Error 0x80070643

I tried the same install and my errors were DCOM/COM errors

I've been seeing DCOM permissions errors since the bad update that broke the store and its apps and broke the start menu

it also corrupted my user profile which I had to recreate

I still see about 50 DCOM permission errors per day

I think this problem maybe be DCOM permissions problems

are there any DCOM troubleshooters?

fixing DCOM permissions can be tricky, you need to also modify permissions in the registry to allow editing of the DCOM

not ready to do that yet.

Microsoft you need to fix this.

rob

Robfly80-2, May 1, 2017
  3. Persistent PC freeze and crash with Dcom 10016 being the problem

Hi there.

Thanks for the reply, you are right.

I was trying to take ownership of the keys and managed once I changed from "trusted installer" to my ID, the 2 main culprits were

1.Runtime Broker

2.ShellServiceHost

Both of which were throwing up different CLSID and each time managed to change it the pc would freeze. Almost every 2 minutes, I had to boot into safe mode, and even command a few times.

But it's been two weeks since I changed all my registers and truncated a few entries and now not one freeze.

I'm shocked that MS would let this problem go on for so many people.

Thanks again for the info, take care.

Best Regards

Shayne

Windows ruined my life, May 1, 2017
Thema:

DCom persistent error

1. DCom persistent error - Similar Threads - DCom persistent error

2. DCOM Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM Error: Hi i have been having an issue with the following error: My surface pro displays a bluescreen a quick error message the pc has experienced an error. Boots to UEFI and I have to manually restart. I have done all my updates and I even went back to factory default and the issue...
  3. DCOM error 10016 on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM error 10016 on Steam: So I have noticed that launching Steam now gives the error too now just like Google Chrome. I look in the past and the letters in the DCOM error are a little different than chrome but it still happens the same. Sigh Windows 10.... *Doh 111585
  4. Bunch of DCOM errors in EV system

in Windows 10 Support
    Bunch of DCOM errors in EV system: hello, cleaning up Windows 10 box and i noticed a lot of these errors with DCOM what the heck are they from also the account logged in is a admin account. DCOM errors<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  5. Stop DCOM Error from Posting

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop DCOM Error from Posting: Is there a way to stop error 10016 from posting in the event viewer. There is one generated every time I start chrome and changing permissions does not fix this problem so I would like to stop it from posting. I tried change schannel logging from 1 to 0 but the error still...
  6. EventViewer DCOM error 10001?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EventViewer DCOM error 10001?: I am not sure where to post this thread - I will not be in the least offended if someone moves it for me. Thanks! I have a few DistributedCOM errors in my event viewer every time I start my computer and I'm trying to track them down and get rid of them. This one is...
  7. Persistent Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Persistent Event Viewer Error: I'm getting the following event viewer error every 15-30 minutes whenever a non-admin account is logged in: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  8. DCOM error 10016

DCOM error 10016: I'm told this is a rather common error after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I have read many posts and suggested solutions, but I still get the error in the System Event Log when starting up. I suppose I could ignore it, as there does not appear to be any ill...
  9. Continuing DCOM event viewer error

Continuing DCOM event viewer error: I recently started getting this error in event viewer. There are a number of threads across the web about it, but none of them has presented the solution. The error is related to Runtimebroker.exe. Any new ideas? The application-specific permission settings do not grant...
  10. Persistant Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Support
    Persistant Runtime Error: Whenever I restart my desktop computer, after the desktop comes up, I get a window telling me I have a runtime error. Program: C:\Users This app requested runtime to terminate in an unusual way. I tried one solution: from an admin prompt I entered: bcedit /set IncreaseUserVA...