Windows 10: *%$#* DCOM

Discus and support *%$#* DCOM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; To say that I am beyond fed up with Windows 10 is an understatement. And above that this DCOM system that you have that I constantly have to fix it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by msftric, Sep 29, 2020.

1. msftric Win User

*%$#* DCOM

To say that I am beyond fed up with Windows 10 is an understatement. And above that this DCOM system that you have that I constantly have to fix it is so far beyond ridiculous there is not an accurate insult or comparison of failure other than the Hindenburg that can compare to it. And even that massive failure looks like the personification of perfection compared to your DCOM system. Even though I have the thing turned off . IT STILL CONTINUES TO REEK HAVOK ON A SYSTEM WITH ONE USER AND FULL ADMINDISTARTIVE PRIVALEGS

:)

msftric, Sep 29, 2020

2. The server {0002DF02-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Thanks for your help and pointers; here again, I proceeded with all steps but there are still 4 DCOM servers timing out at boot time

• The server {21F282D1-A881-49E1-9A3A-26E44E39B86C} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    • The server {4991D34B-80A1-4291-83B6-3328366B9097} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    • The server {784E29F4-5EBE-4279-9948-1E8FE941646D} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

AlexandreMAURER, Sep 29, 2020
  3. DCOM

We appreciate the comprehensive response. The log appears to be records of certain processes which don't have permission to the
    DCOM components. If the recorded logs doesn't imply a direct effect on the device's performance, then we suggest not modify/configure
    DCOM since this may cause other issues/ may have side effects. In addition, it's
    better to just ignore these errors because they don't adversely affect functionality.

You can check this support article for more information regarding the error
    on the log that you received.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

*%$#* DCOM

The server microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. in windows 10

Hi acc_55,

The error “server did not register with DCOM within the required timeout” is signaling that one or more DCOM (Distributed Component Object Model) software is failing to register itself in a reasonable period of time. This normally occurs on devices connected
    on a server.

In the meantime, I suggest you to change startup type of Function Discovery Resource Publication as an initial troubleshooting. Simply follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open a Run window.
    • Type “services.msc” and hit Enter.
    • Scroll down through the services name and find Function Discovery Resource Publication. Right-click on it, then choose
      Properties.
    • In Properties under the General tab, expand the drop-down menu near
      Startup type and set it to Automatic (Delayed Start).
    • Click Apply and Restart PC.

For additional troubleshooting, temporarily disabling 3rd party firewall if you have, and see if the issue will persist.

Looking forward the results.

Donna Men, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

*%$#* DCOM

1. *%$#* DCOM - Similar Threads - *%$#* DCOM

2. DCOM Exception in Event Viewer due to IIS related activities in remote machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM Exception in Event Viewer due to IIS related activities in remote machine: I'm receiving Event ID 10028 DCOM in remote machine when fetching IIS Server Websites and AppPools using Microsoft.Web.Administration dllError: DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer evserver1.domain.com using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID cbb0...
  3. DCOM Exception in Event Viewer due to IIS related activities in remote machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM Exception in Event Viewer due to IIS related activities in remote machine: I'm receiving Event ID 10028 DCOM in remote machine when fetching IIS Server Websites and AppPools using Microsoft.Web.Administration dllError: DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer evserver1.domain.com using any of the configured protocols; requested by PID cbb0...
  4. Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022: I am experiencing an issue with the Distributed Component Object Model DCOM in a server environment where multiple web applications interact with Microsoft Office documents. Below are the details and steps that led to the problem:Environment:Server OS: Windows Server 2022...
  5. Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022

Access Denied Error 80070005 with DCOM in .NET 4.8 Web Applications on Windows Server 2022: I am experiencing an issue with the Distributed Component Object Model DCOM in a server environment where multiple web applications interact with Microsoft Office documents. Below are the details and steps that led to the problem:Environment:Server OS: Windows Server 2022...
  6. DCOM ERROR 10000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM ERROR 10000: Hi,I got this error while I was playing an online game. The error caused my PC to buzz and then crash with a black screen on the monitor. I checked the event viewer and this was the message that I had got. I have been frequently getting errors with the DCOM, but most people...
  7. DCOM ERROR 10000

DCOM ERROR 10000: Hi,I got this error while I was playing an online game. The error caused my PC to buzz and then crash with a black screen on the monitor. I checked the event viewer and this was the message that I had got. I have been frequently getting errors with the DCOM, but most people...
  8. DCOM ERROR 10000

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Help!! Its about DCOM 10016 crashing my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!! Its about DCOM 10016 crashing my laptop: So ive been getting these BSOD crashes lately whenever I open a specific tab and same goes for games, it crashes whenever i open one of them and it always leads to DCOM 10016.The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server...
  10. Help!! Its about DCOM 10016 crashing my laptop

Help!! Its about DCOM 10016 crashing my laptop: So ive been getting these BSOD crashes lately whenever I open a specific tab and same goes for games, it crashes whenever i open one of them and it always leads to DCOM 10016.The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server...