Windows 10: DCOMcnfg error

Discus and support DCOMcnfg error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When invoking dcomcnfg from the elevated command prompt on a Win10 Pro Desktop PC, the COMPUTERS folder appears but when clicked the center panel is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Sep 11, 2019.

1. borgus Win User

DCOMcnfg error

When invoking dcomcnfg from the elevated command prompt on a Win10 Pro Desktop PC, the COMPUTERS folder appears but when clicked the center panel is blank. The Windows 10 HOME Laptop brings up the My Computer icon in the central area, just as the Desktop has in the past on many occasions.

The tree at the left does list MY COMPUTER but when it is right-clicked|Refresh All Components or when clicking on COM+ Applications folder under My Computer, it throws an error. Thus, the five folders that are seen on the Laptop under COM+ Applications are not accessible on the Desktop PC: COM Explorer, COM+QC, COM+Utilities, COM+Utilities(32-bit), System Application. Items in the DCom config folder are available.

"8004E00F com+ was unable to talk to the MS Distributed Transaction Coordinator" (which IS running in Services). There are no Event Viewer errors.

On the Desktop PC with the error, there are three folders under My Computer: COM+ Applications, DCom Config and Distributed Transaction Coordinator. On the Laptop, where there is no error, there is an additional Running Processes folder.

On the My Computer PROPERTIES page the Options and Default Protocols tabs are missing.

Several system images were restored - without allowing updates, to be sure that they aren't the cause - all the way back to one made just after 1903 was installed. Even tried an 1809 image. Same behavior. Nothing has changed in BIOS, but could it be a setting there? Z390 Asus motherboard.

Many forum-posted remedies for the error have been tried, though they seem to address a failure to bring up dcomcnfg at all, which is not the case here. None succeeds. SFC and DISM are clean.

So the issue is with Com+ Applications. Any hints at what's going on??

:)

borgus, Sep 11, 2019

2. DCOMcnfg error

I don't seem to get the same error on my system. But I do get a request to Record it. See below

DCOMcnfg error [​IMG]

If I say NO I then get list of components. See Below

DCOMcnfg error [​IMG]

I'm on 1903 @ 18362.295.

Don't know if this helps.

storageman, Sep 11, 2019
  3. borate Win User
    DCOMcnfg error

When invoking dcomcnfg from the elevated command prompt on a Win10 Pro Desktop PC, the COMPUTERS folder appears but when clicked the center panel is blank. The Windows 10 HOME Laptop brings up the My Computer icon in the central area, just as the Desktop
    has in the past on many occasions.

The tree at the left does list MY COMPUTER but when it is right-clicked|Refresh All Components or when clicking on COM+ Applications folder under My Computer, it throws an error. Thus, the five folders that are seen on the Laptop under COM+ Applications are
    not accessible on the Desktop PC: COM Explorer, COM+QC, COM+Utilities, COM+Utilities(32-bit), System Application. Items in the DCom config folder
    are available.

"8004E00F com+ was unable to talk to the MS Distributed Transaction Coordinator" (which IS running in Services). There are no Event Viewer errors.

On the Desktop PC with the error, there are three folders under My Computer: COM+ Applications, DCom Config and Distributed Transaction Coordinator. On the Laptop, where there is no error, there is an additional Running Processes folder.

Several system images were restored - without allowing updates, to be sure that they aren't the cause - all the way back to one made just after 1903 was installed. Even tried an 1809 image. Same behavior. When any one of the operating systems restored by those
    earlier images was in use, DCOMcnfg was working fine. This makes little sense. Nothing has changed in BIOS, but could it be a setting there? Z390 Asus motherboard.

Many forum-posted remedies for the error have been tried, though they seem to address a failure to bring up dcomcnfg
    at all, which is not the case here. None succeeds. SFC and DISM are clean.

borate, Sep 11, 2019
  4. borgus Win User

DCOMcnfg error

DCOMcnfg error

When invoking dcomcnfg from the elevated command prompt on a Win10 Pro Desktop PC, the COMPUTERS folder appears but when clicked the center panel is blank. The Windows 10 HOME Laptop brings up the My Computer icon in the central area, just as the Desktop has in the past on many occasions.

The tree at the left does list MY COMPUTER but when it is right-clicked|Refresh All Components or when clicking on COM+ Applications folder under My Computer, it throws an error. Thus, the five folders that are seen on the Laptop under COM+ Applications are not accessible on the Desktop PC: COM Explorer, COM+QC, COM+Utilities, COM+Utilities(32-bit), System Application. Items in the DCom config folder are available.

Several system images were restored - without allowing updates, to be sure that they aren't the cause - all the way back to one made just after 1903 was installed. Even tried an 1809 image. Same behavior. When any one of the operating systems restored by those earlier images was in use, DCOMcnfg was working fine. This makes little sense. Nothing has changed in BIOS, but could it be a setting there? Z390 Asus motherboard.

Many forum-posted remedies for the error have been tried, though they seem to address a failure to bring up dcomcnfg at all, which is not the case here. None succeeds. SFC and DISM are clean.

borgus, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

DCOMcnfg error

1. DCOMcnfg error - Similar Threads - DCOMcnfg error

2. Why does error occur ? Column 'invariantname' is constrained to be unique. 'Value...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does error occur ? Column 'invariantname' is constrained to be unique. 'Value...: Why does the Data Wizard crash when trying to export table? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-error-occur-column-invariantname-is/d3b21a20-bd50-4e8a-9ca1-19b1ed9112e1
  3. Why does error occur ? Column 'invariantname' is constrained to be unique. 'Value...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does error occur ? Column 'invariantname' is constrained to be unique. 'Value...: Why does the Data Wizard crash when trying to export table? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-error-occur-column-invariantname-is/d3b21a20-bd50-4e8a-9ca1-19b1ed9112e1
  4. How can I fix my PC from crashing on games randomly/browser error occured?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my PC from crashing on games randomly/browser error occured?: Hello, Ive had my NZXT Pre built PC for about a year now and Im starting to have some random issues now like random crashes on my games such as Tarkov for example any other unity games and Call of Duty, I dont get blue screens but my game will just freeze and close. Some...
  5. How can I fix my PC from crashing on games randomly/browser error occured?

How can I fix my PC from crashing on games randomly/browser error occured?: Hello, Ive had my NZXT Pre built PC for about a year now and Im starting to have some random issues now like random crashes on my games such as Tarkov for example any other unity games and Call of Duty, I dont get blue screens but my game will just freeze and close. Some...
  6. Frequent BSOD. Different error messages, most often IQRL NOT OR LESS EQUAL. Can someone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD. Different error messages, most often IQRL NOT OR LESS EQUAL. Can someone...: Hello, I've had my PC for ~4 years now and this problem has slowly gotten more frequent. BSOD typically mid-task, worst when using any type of video conferencing app. Also happens every few hours while gaming, as well as occasional BSOD even while computer is idling.I dont...
  7. Frequent BSOD. Different error messages, most often IQRL NOT OR LESS EQUAL. Can someone...

Frequent BSOD. Different error messages, most often IQRL NOT OR LESS EQUAL. Can someone...: Hello, I've had my PC for ~4 years now and this problem has slowly gotten more frequent. BSOD typically mid-task, worst when using any type of video conferencing app. Also happens every few hours while gaming, as well as occasional BSOD even while computer is idling.I dont...
  8. DCOMcnfg error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOMcnfg error: Odd error...when invoking dcomcnfg from the elevated command prompt on a Win10 Pro Desktop PC. The COMPUTERS folder appears but when clicked the center panel is blank. The Windows 10 HOME Laptop brings up the My Computer icon in the central area, just as the Desktop has in...
  9. DCOMcnfg error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DCOMcnfg error: Odd error...when invoking dcomcnfg from the elevated command prompt on a Win10 Pro Desktop PC. The COMPUTERS folder appears but when clicked the center panel is blank. The Windows 10 HOME laptop brings up the My Computer icon in the central area, just as the Desktop has in...
  10. Nothing Happens When Running A .EXE File. DComCnfg Error: CLR20r3.

Nothing Happens When Running A .EXE File. DComCnfg Error: CLR20r3.: Hi all, I have been trying to run a .exe application on my Windows 10 Laptop but the application does not start up. It shows no error but when I go to the DComCnfg the following error shows: Fault bucket 1331199405604084232, type 5 Event Name: CLR20r3 Response: Not...