Windows 10: DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers

Discus and support DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Using my laptop (lenovo legion y530) with audio is almost useless, due to clicks and sound disrupts in the recorded audio. LatencyMon says Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohanWallgren1, Dec 19, 2019.

1. DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers

Hi

Using my laptop (lenovo legion y530) with audio is almost useless, due to clicks and sound disrupts in the recorded audio.

LatencyMon says

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
    LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:00:41 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

The most troublesome drivers are

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 110,984601
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI-drivrutin för NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,001352
    Driver with highest ISR total time: ACPI.sys - ACPI-drivrutin för NT, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,001631

I have tried all the optimization tricks I have found, and then some, but the problem persists. I have seen a number of others with the same problems. Is this something Microsoft are working on, or do we simply have to switch to Apple?

All the best

Johan Wallgren

:)

JohanWallgren1, Dec 19, 2019
  2. JonBland Win User

DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers

Hi Johan

My name is Jon and I am an independent technical advisor. I would like to help you with this issue.

The Windows ACPI driver, Acpi. sys, is an inbox component of the Windows operating system. The responsibilities of Acpi. sys include support for power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration.

I would suggest updating the audio driver to the latest version from the Lenovo website to see if that resolves the issue.

Hope this helps.

Jon.

JonBland, Jan 6, 2020
  3. DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers

Hi

Using my laptop (lenovo legion y530) with audio is almost useless, due to clicks and sound disrupts in the recorded audio.

LatencyMon says

Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be
    executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:00:41 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

The most troublesome drivers are

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 110,984601

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI-drivrutin för NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,001352

Driver with highest ISR total time: ACPI.sys - ACPI-drivrutin för NT, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,001631

I have tried all the optimization tricks I have found, and then some, but the problem persists. I have seen a number of others with the same problems. Is this something Microsoft are working on, or do we simply have to switch to Apple?

All the best

Johan Wallgren

JohanWallgren1, Jan 6, 2020
  4. CEL
    Cel Win User

Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers [​IMG]

Unfortunately updating logitech software did not help.

So is there any way to find out which program or hardware uses that Wdf01000?

Thema:

1. DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers - Similar Threads - DCP Latency due

2. DCP COUNT WDF01000.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCP COUNT WDF01000.SYS: Buongiorno io ho un problema con WDF01000.SYS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dcp-count-wdf01000sys/95c722d2-9305-4a6a-bb1f-8cd34e5f231b
  3. DCP Latency from dxgkrnl.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DCP Latency from dxgkrnl.sys: Hi,I need some help with my Lenovo y540 laptop. I bought this laptop used on eBay from a reputable person very recently. It was working fine but I realised that Lenovo y540 laptops are prone to overheating and thermal throttling and mine was no exception. I managed to...
  4. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  5. DPC latency due to dxgkrnl.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC latency due to dxgkrnl.sys: MSI X-570 A PRO AMD Ryzen 7 3700x AMD RX 6800 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 8GB x 2 I've been having an issue with dxgkrnl.sys causing some fps spikes and audio drop out/pops, i have tried reinstalling windows, reinstalling drivers for motherboard and my GPU, Changing ram...
  6. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  7. Wdf01000.sys latency probelm

Wdf01000.sys latency probelm: Hi, I have a self-built PC Ryzen 5 1600, 8 Gb Ram, Radeon RX 470, 256Gb NVMe SSD on which Windows 10 Education Edition is running, 2 TB HDD for data storing and use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen as my USB sound card for Audio Recording, Mixing and Mastering. I searched...
  8. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  9. ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570

ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570: ACPI is causing high DPC latency, concerns over live recording capabilities and live playback. I have uninstalled stock Dell audio drivers and installed RealTek drivers (not sure which ones), this has fixed popping sounds coming from the speakers or headphones. I need to...
  10. ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570

ACPI driver causing abnormally high Latency on Dell XPS 15 9570: ACPI is causing high DPC latency, concerns over live recording capabilities and live playback. I have uninstalled stock Dell audio drivers and installed RealTek drivers (not sure which ones), this has fixed popping sounds coming from the speakers or headphones. I need to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acpi.sys acpi driver for nt dcp runtime

2. dcp latency acpi

3. acpi.sys latency