Windows 10: DCP Latency from dxgkrnl.sys

Discus and support DCP Latency from dxgkrnl.sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I need some help with my Lenovo y540 laptop. I bought this laptop used on eBay from a reputable person very recently. It was working fine but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ClydeArit, Jul 30, 2021.

1. ClydeArit Win User

DCP Latency from dxgkrnl.sys

Hi,I need some help with my Lenovo y540 laptop. I bought this laptop used on eBay from a reputable person very recently. It was working fine but I realised that Lenovo y540 laptops are prone to overheating and thermal throttling and mine was no exception. I managed to undervolt my CPU up to -165mv in Intel XTU.It was working fine and I downloaded many of my games onto my laptop.I was just using my laptop, as usual, and I was just moving my mouse a lot and I could see some micro stuttering which would happen every few or so seconds, quite unnoticeable, but I could definitely see it in game. Bec

:)

ClydeArit, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Wdf01000.sys Latency - Windows 10

Hi,

Wdf01000.sys is a Microsoft driver file. The wdf01000.sys
    process should not be deleted or prevented from loading each time Windows loads.

We would like to know more about your wdf01000.sys and latency concern:

• Were you getting errors with wdf01000.sys? If yes, Can you send us a screenshot?
    • Which program or application were you using in audio recording?
    • What equipment or devices were connected to your PC when you were recording audio?

In the meantime, check out this article for tips on how to improve
    PC performance.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jul 30, 2021
  3. DPC Latency with Storport.sys and Wdf0 1000.sys

Sorry when I went to post it looked much better than it does there.... So I can see how that wasn't the greatest piece to look at.

Here is the screenshot you requested.

DCP Latency from dxgkrnl.sys [​IMG]

Power Plan Settings: High Performance
    Turn off disk after: 20min
    Sleep/Hibernate: Never
    USB Selective Suspend Setting: Enabled
    PCI Express Link State Power Management: Off

Processor Power Management
    • Maximum Processor Frequency: 0MHz
    • Minimum Processor State: 100%
    • System Cooling Policy: Active
    • Maximum Processor State: 100%

I believe the Power settings are mostly the generic High Performance. If I changed anything it was the sleep function as I often access this computer when I'm at home.

As for staying with my old computer. I agree, I definitely could have, but it had been 3 years since I last built that system so I figured it was time to step it up. I also use the Creative Cloud often and my system could use a boost in speed. Plus the old components are now in a second tower and being used for offloading things to free up this computer for recording (such as rendering video, etc).

I plan to add 32GB more to the RAM over the next two months and a new 1080ti video card. Someone also told me adding an internal Soundcard might help as well, although I don't see what it has to do with this latency issue.

Thanks again,

Brad

BradShoemaker, Jul 30, 2021
  4. zinou Win User

DPC Latency problem (Storport.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl.sys, etc.)

Hi,

For me those DPCs are originated by the Intel Intel(R) Serial IO GPIO Driver.

The DPC and ISR graph shows a lot of those DPCs spikes.

It seems that your driver is outdated (ver 30.100.1816.3 released on April 2018).

A newer version is available on the Dell Website for your computer model.

Update this driver and see if it helps.

zinou, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. DCP Latency from dxgkrnl.sys - Similar Threads - DCP Latency dxgkrnl

2. DCP COUNT WDF01000.SYS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCP COUNT WDF01000.SYS: Buongiorno io ho un problema con WDF01000.SYS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dcp-count-wdf01000sys/95c722d2-9305-4a6a-bb1f-8cd34e5f231b
  3. Wdf01000.sys and dxgkrnl.sys Latency - Windows 10

Wdf01000.sys and dxgkrnl.sys Latency - Windows 10: Hello, for a while now I've been having audio issues constant crackling/popping, and much more recently audio cutting out completely. I know it's not just my headphones it's my speakers also on my laptop. I've tried plugging devices into different ports and that made no...
  4. nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl, etc Latency Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    nvlddmkm.sys, dxgkrnl, etc Latency Issues: Greetings, everyone. For the past few months, Ive suffered from stutters/micro stutters and for the life of me I cannot find a solution. My specs are the following: AMD Ryzen 5950X [Stock] Nvidia RTX 3080 FTW 3 Ultra [Stock] 4x 8GB 3200MHZ DDR4 TridentZ MSI X570 Tomahawk WiFi...
  5. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  6. Wdf01000.sys latency probelm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wdf01000.sys latency probelm: Hi, I have a self-built PC Ryzen 5 1600, 8 Gb Ram, Radeon RX 470, 256Gb NVMe SSD on which Windows 10 Education Edition is running, 2 TB HDD for data storing and use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen as my USB sound card for Audio Recording, Mixing and Mastering. I searched...
  7. DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers

DCP Latency due to ACPI.sys drivers: Hi Using my laptop (lenovo legion y530) with audio is almost useless, due to clicks and sound disrupts in the recorded audio. LatencyMon says Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns...
  8. High DCP Latency from usbport.sys - Can't find the culpril

High DCP Latency from usbport.sys - Can't find the culpril: Hi All, My Windows 10 desktop is having an issue with driver usbport.sys peaking and causing constant pops, clicks, and delays in my audio. This issue is happening for both my external soundcard for recording (Focusrite Saffire 6i6 USB), and for the internal sound card....
  9. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  10. Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys: I've been having an issue with my sound were it starts stuttering after some time for no reason. I've downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me that wdf01000.sys goes over 50ms after a couple of hours while ACPI.sys can go higher than 1ms. They both got high DPC with wdf driver...