Windows 10: DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation - at the point where I cant play games

Discus and support DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation - at the point where I cant play games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been getting this error for over a year now. It is at the point where I cant play games and which I have a PC for. When ever I try to download a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChromeRB, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ChromeRB Win User

DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation - at the point where I cant play games

I've been getting this error for over a year now. It is at the point where I cant play games and which I have a PC for. When ever I try to download a new Driver for my Graphics card while just using the computer, It freezes and goes to the error screen . I have to download a driver off dell.com for it. But I cant play any games with it cause it isn't updated. I watched a lot of videos on how to fix it and most of them tell me to go to device manger----- and then going to ide ata/atapi controllers. I don't have that option. If someone could help me with this problem, I would be very grateful.

:)

ChromeRB, Oct 25, 2019

2. DCP_Watchdog_Violation

Following install of W10 I'm now in DCP_Watchdog_Violation limbo. I have a 2013 Samsung XE500T and must rely on a usb cd/dvd player. Resetting it does not help.

Battle Hollow, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Dcp_watchdog_violation?

hi there to anyone that sees this, I have been having some really annoying and frustrating problems with my PC lately. My PC keeps crashing an coming up with the blue screen of death saying DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I did my homework and went and tried most of the logical youtube videos on where they went into device manager, power option and so on but nothing has fixed mine. What is different about my PC crashing is I will be mid way through a game using my 2tb hdd and once my pc crashes it will restart but then my 2tb hdd will be missing and I have no clue on how to fix this. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions please say otherwise I will have to pay to get fixed.
    P.S my system still runs because all my games and junk are stored on the hdd and my OS is on my ssd.

J4CKYBOY66, Oct 29, 2019
  4. DavidCP Win User

BSOD watching Youtube & VLC (DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hi,

Since a couple of weeks ago the problem started. At the beginning it only appears from time to time, but since yesterday the problem persists and it is impossible to use VLC or to watch a video on Youtube.

I always get the same BSOD with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I already look for info in this very same forum, but I tried a couple of things that doesn't fix the problem:
    • I tried Driver Easy to make sure that I have all the drivers updated.
    • I tried to use an old version for the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
    • I set the default driver for the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Some info about my laptop:
    • Asus R510V
    • i7 6700HQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • 120GB SSD (Windows here)
    • 1TB HDD
    • Using AVG Internet Security.

Also, I attach the log files.

I hope you guys can tell me how to fix this problem.

Thanks and regards!

DavidCP, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation - at the point where I cant play games - Similar Threads - DCP_WATCHDOG_Violation point where

2. Cant play any games!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant play any games!: So since like yesterday I haven't been able to play any game, even the simplest ones. I have an RTX 2060 super and my computer isn't even 1 year old, so it shouldn't be a problem and I have played all these games for so long time. I have checked the temperature and it has...
  3. Cant play games i paid for

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant play games i paid for: I just found out that I could play games on my PC that I had bought on my Xbox mainly the halo master chief collection so I downloaded the app and signed into my account and all I found in my games library were the free games that I had installed but nothing i paid money for....
  4. I cant play any games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant play any games.: When i try to play some games it just shows system 32 driverstore filerepository iigd_dch.inf_amd64020c27d3ac4a7d3/igc32.dll is not meant to be run on windows or its corrupted...
  5. I cant play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant play a game: MY buddy gave me a code for sea of theives. i downloaded it, installed it. i cant get it to run. it keeps saying this [Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001] im not sure how to fix this. some things i...
  6. Game not saving where I stopped playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game not saving where I stopped playing: The Word Twister game is not saving to the spot where I left off and I have to replay previous solved puzzles. This just recently started happening. I purposely left the game open for play thinking it was a timing issue for saving to the spot where I left off. That did not...
  7. BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I've been getting a BlueScreen every time when I try to play Anthem. After few minutes the game freezes and I get a BlueScreen with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. If anyone knows the solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated. The dump File can be seen below:...
  8. Play any where Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play any where Games: I just got a Pc and was wondering if I could download my Xbox games onto my pc. Can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/play-any-where-games/d0d405f5-6866-49b9-8f1b-159feb368429
  9. BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen

BSOD DCP_Watchdog_violation playing Doom/Star Citizen: I have had this issue before and tried reinstalling my OS and formatting my storage drive, the only drive i didnt touch was my gaming SSD which only has steam, a few games, and some college homework on it. I created DM log collector thingy its attacatched to this post....
  10. Dcp_watchdog_violation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcp_watchdog_violation?: hi there to anyone that sees this, I have been having some really annoying and frustrating problems with my PC lately. My PC keeps crashing an coming up with the blue screen of death saying DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I did my homework and went and tried most of the logical...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows watchdog violation windows update