Windows 10: DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards

Discus and support DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,My PC crashes at random points in time while I'm just working on it but a sure way for it to crash is wait for it to enter sleep mode and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeremyXB, Jan 23, 2022.

1. JeremyXB Win User

DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards

Hello,My PC crashes at random points in time while I'm just working on it but a sure way for it to crash is wait for it to enter sleep mode and then wake it up, Shortly after the PC will freeze for a while, sometimes close to 5 minutes, sometimes a few seconds and bluescreen with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After restarting from a BSOD, the PC doesn't see my headset that's connected with simple jack 3.5. Sound through my monitor works fine but it will still restart sometimes for no reason.I tried using driver verifier to identify the issue but it didn't show explain wich driver crashed the system.

:)

JeremyXB, Jan 23, 2022

2. Headphones do not show up when Realtek is installed

OK, so this happened to me on my laptop. It wanted to use the realtek drivers no matter what. Let me show you what to do.
    Step 1. Open the start menu and type 'Device Manager' in the search bar. Click on the result.

Step 2.
    DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards [​IMG]
    You'll see this window appear.

Step 3.
    DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards [​IMG]
    Expand the 'Sound , video and game controllers' category.

Step 4. Find 'Realtek High Definition Audio' in the list, then right click it and select Properties.

Step 5.
    Click on the 'Driver' tab near the top of the window.

Step 6.
    Now click on the button that says 'Roll back driver'.
    If the button is dimmed, make sure your Realtek drivers are currently installed.

Step 6. If you did it correctly, the system should ask you to restart to finish. If it does then you finished the tutorial correctly!
    Once restarted, Open device manager again using step 1. Expand the 'sound, video and game controllers' category again.

Step 7. If it says 'High Definition Audio Device' then you did it right. Here's a pic for example purposes:

ThatsNiceGuy, Jan 23, 2022
  3. Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 23, 2022
  4. DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hi Cheriah,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if the headphones get detected under Device manager?
    • Did you try installing the headphones driver on the PC?
    • Does the headphones work fine when connected to other computer?

You may be facing the above issue due to some of the system components conflicting with the headphones driver on the computer. You might also face the above issue if there is any hardware components missing from the headphones due to pulling the device
    abruptly.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if the headphone works on connecting to other computer. If the device works without any issues on other PC’s, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible audio
    drivers for Windows 10 OS from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Set your headphone as your default audio device. To do so, follow these steps.

• Right-click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select "Playback Devices".
    • On a empty space, right click and select both Show Disconnected/Disabled Devices
    • Check if your headphone is shown in the devices list.
    • If yes, right click on it select and Set as default device.
    Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards

1. DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards - Similar Threads - DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly sleep

2. DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards: Hello,My PC crashes at random points in time while I'm just working on it but a sure way for it to crash is wait for it to enter sleep mode and then wake it up, Shortly after the PC will freeze for a while, sometimes close to 5 minutes, sometimes a few seconds and bluescreen...
  3. DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION mostly after sleep and with realtek headphones not working afterwards: Hello,My PC crashes at random points in time while I'm just working on it but a sure way for it to crash is wait for it to enter sleep mode and then wake it up, Shortly after the PC will freeze for a while, sometimes close to 5 minutes, sometimes a few seconds and bluescreen...
  4. Headphone jack no longer working with Realtek.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack no longer working with Realtek.: Hi people. This is my first attempt at getting help. I've searched all the forums but can't find a solution to my issue. I have an Asus Zenbook with Realtek audio and Win 10. Every now and then I find that the headphone jack no longer works. This used to be that an update...
  5. Realtek headphones not working?

Realtek headphones not working?: So I installed the latest Realtek audio drivers, the big 250 ish KB, the headphones will not showup, I have tried to uninstall it, just does the same thing, any solutions?...
  6. Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work: I realized a few weeks back my headphones stopped working. Realtek HD audio manager does not display a headphone device. They originally worked. After digging around all this time, I think the headphones originally worked because the Win 10 driver was originally in use, and I...
  7. Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work

Realtek Driver - Headphones Don't Work: I realized a few weeks back my headphones stopped working. Realtek HD audio manager does not display a headphone device. They originally worked. After digging around all this time, I think the headphones originally worked because the Win 10 driver was originally in use, and I...
  8. BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BlueScreen DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I've been getting a BlueScreen every time when I try to play Anthem. After few minutes the game freezes and I get a BlueScreen with DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. If anyone knows the solution for this, it would be greatly appreciated. The dump File can be seen below:...
  9. DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happening everyday

DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happening everyday: I'm constantly getting DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everyday. The crash dump says it's probably caused by nvlddmkm. I've removed my Nvidia driver with DDU and did a clean install but it's still happening. Here is the dump from the most recent crash....
  10. Dcp_watchdog_violation?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dcp_watchdog_violation?: hi there to anyone that sees this, I have been having some really annoying and frustrating problems with my PC lately. My PC keeps crashing an coming up with the blue screen of death saying DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION which I did my homework and went and tried most of the logical...