Windows 10: Dde server window preventing shutdown

Discus and support Dde server window preventing shutdown in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After the last major update, my computer upon hitting shutdown, displays a pop-up stating that "The instruction 0x00007FFFFF66CC60 referenced at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by glennc, Jun 22, 2015.

1. glennc Win User

Dde server window preventing shutdown

After the last major update, my computer upon hitting shutdown, displays a pop-up stating that "The instruction
    0x00007FFFFF66CC60 referenced at 0x000000000000 the memory could not be read - Click okay to terminate"
    and behind the pop-up, windows is indicating that the DDE Server Window is preventing shutdown. Sits there until the okay to terminate is clicked.
    Thanks for any information!

:)

glennc, Jun 22, 2015

2. This App is preventing shutdown message.

*Original Title: This is preventing shutdown message.

When I shutdown I get the message "this app. is preventing shutdown". Last night it showed 'DDES window'. I can't find what DDES window is. I went through the msconfig list and I don't see anything that seems to match. What is DDES window?

LamarMasonYH, Jun 22, 2015
  3. win 10 sign out apps ac5t......... preventing shutdown

I run apps on my start menu, mini weather window, Microsoft office excel 2007, Microsoft office word 2007, calculator, adobe, recent files, IE11 and windows Live mail. When I try to close down using the shutdown option bottom left as seen on the screenshot
    I get messages saying that DDE windows server is preventing shutdown and that ACSTBMHE app is preventing shutdown. I tried to get around this by using Crtl+Alt+Del thinking this would shut everything down and at first it seemed to be a work around but it has
    not stopped the (Apps preventing shutdown). I hope you can better understand the issue? Steve.
    Dde server window preventing shutdown [​IMG]

stevehargreavesuk, Jun 22, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

That's a known error in build 10130 and it's been addressed in build 10147.
    HTH
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2015
  5. glennc Win User
    Hello and thanks! Have not been diligent in the recognition of the updates. The latest update as of today, still has the issue. It didn't have it prior to the latest large update. I don't recall what the last major update version was. How do I check the current version?

glennc, Jun 23, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Check the lower right hand corner of your desktop.. or go into run and execute winver

BunnyJ, Jun 23, 2015
  7. glennc Win User
    Hello BunnyJ,
    Yes, got it and thank you. It is indeed 10130. Can this be updated to 10147 manually? As a matter of fact, where did run go to?

QUOTE=BunnyJ;262253]Check the lower right hand corner of your desktop.. or go into run and execute winver[/QUOTE]

glennc, Jun 23, 2015
  8. Dde server window preventing shutdown

Thought i solved this problem on latest windows build, Nope. Its not consistent at all. Sometimes i get it, Sometimes i don't.

Madoblivion, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dde server window preventing shutdown - Similar Threads - Dde server window

2. DDE Server Window: WindowsTerminal.exe - Bad Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DDE Server Window: WindowsTerminal.exe - Bad Image: hi. i have error when i run windows terminal i current try very ways to solove itDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanupDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthand i try sfc /scannowand i remove and install windows terminal three times but i still have this...
  3. DDE Server Window: WindowsTerminal.exe - Bad Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DDE Server Window: WindowsTerminal.exe - Bad Image: hi. i have error when i run windows terminal i current try very ways to solove itDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanupDism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealthand i try sfc /scannowand i remove and install windows terminal three times but i still have this...
  4. Windows 10 and DDE server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and DDE server: We had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA system...
  5. Windows 10 and DDE server

Windows 10 and DDE server: We had Workstation With Windows XP with DDE server and SCADA system Supervisory control and data acquisition works as DDE Client, it was working good and communication was very good.issue:We upgraded Windows XP to Windows 10 With the same DDE server and the same SCADA system...
  6. Windows 10 and DDE server

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. DDE Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DDE Error: I am getting DDE Fatal errors when trying to open PDF documents from Outlook. Only started since the most recent upgrade .... grrr How do I fix this easily? I don't like this part of MSOffice or MS Windows. I just want to get my work done!...
  8. DDE Server causes continual error on shutdown or restart of Windows

DDE Server causes continual error on shutdown or restart of Windows: Every time I shut down or restart Windows I get the following error: ----------------------------- DDE Server Window: explorer.exe Application error The instruction at Dx00007FF6D6004F97 referenced memory at 0x00000000000000BB. The memory could not be read....
  9. DDE Server/ Windows Explorer\Memory Issue AGAIN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DDE Server/ Windows Explorer\Memory Issue AGAIN: This on on a clean install of 1601 and upgrades on two other machines. The error came back on the clean install. On the other two, removing two programs and changing user seems to have it cleared up (so far). The error on the clean install really has me ticked off. I did a...
  10. “DDE Server Windows: Explorer.exe - application error” ACER Colors +

in Windows 10 Support
    “DDE Server Windows: Explorer.exe - application error” ACER Colors +: My son who is severely autistic spends his time making endless lists. Somehow his laptop (New 24th Apr17) has changed so that the instruction Buttons are Black and the Writing on them is also black. I have managed to call up a black page for word from Office Home and Student...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DdE Server Window is preventing shutdown microsoft