Windows 10: Ddr4 memory upgrade how?

Discus and support Ddr4 memory upgrade how? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello currently i only have 8gb ddr4 memory and want to upgrade to 16. Do I have to buy 8gb of memory the same as the already installed one (same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by edon25, Jun 7, 2020.

1. edon25 Win User

Ddr4 memory upgrade how?

Hello

currently i only have 8gb ddr4 memory and want to upgrade to 16. Do I have to buy 8gb of memory the same as the already installed one (same manufacturer etc) or is there another main thing ddr4 ???

:)

edon25, Jun 7, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

DDR4 2400MHz C14 or DDR4 2133MHz C13

neither is better. thy are likely the same thing, with near identical performance. As suggested, some user report issue with BIOS compatibility with Corsair DDR4 (more than is normal), so be sure the memory is on your board's QVL list (although 2400 MHz is rather slow for DDR4, 3000-3200 MHz is where real performance benefit of DDR4 begins)

cadaveca, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Mystere Win User
    What you need to know about DDR4 memory

If you plan on keeping your DDR3 motherboards for a while I suggest buying memory while it's cheap. As soon as DDR4 starts shipping in quantity, DDR3 prices will likely start going up as production shifts to DDR4 and DDR3 becomes less common.

Mystere, Jun 7, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Ddr4 memory upgrade how?

AMD Broadens Compatibility List of DDR4 Memory for Ryzen

AMD today posted an updated compatibility list of DDR4 memory kits for Ryzen processors. While just about any DDR4 memory kit will run on socket AM4 motherboards, a limited few have been tested by AMD to run reliably at speeds such as DDR4-3200, DDR4-2933, DDR4-2667, and DDR4-2400. AMD's new compatibility list contains a wider selection of DDR4 memory modules that have been tested by AMD to work reliably on Ryzen processors.

To make the most of these modules, however, AMD asks you to look out for and install motherboard BIOS updates which contain the AGESA 1.0.0.6 micro-code update. This should be prominently displayed in the change-logs of BIOS updates from motherboard manufacturers, and the latest batches of motherboards should come with AGESA 1.0.0.6 pre-installed.

Ddr4 memory upgrade how? 162b4862dac2_thm.jpg

The revised DDR4 compatibility list can be accessed here.

DDR4 memory speed has a significant impact on performance of Ryzen-powered machines beyond just added memory bandwidth. The clock speed at which the chip's internal InfinityFabric link ticks, is proportional to DRAM clock. This interconnect links the two quad-core complexes (CCXs) on the 14 nm "Summit Ridge" silicon on which the Ryzen socket AM4 processors are based. Among additions to AMD's revised memory compatibility list are brands that aren't necessarily based on Samsung b-die DRAM chips.

btarunr, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Ddr4 memory upgrade how?

1. Ddr4 memory upgrade how? - Similar Threads - Ddr4 memory upgrade

2. Question: Would it be wise to upgrade from 4 GB DDR4 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: Would it be wise to upgrade from 4 GB DDR4 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM with...: In 30 months, I'm sure I can find more Windows PCs with 8 GB of DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM not over $369.99 plus a 6% sales tax, but with free shipping on sites and apps like Amazon. Yes, I have a 128 GB SSD. 30 has become my truly favorite number recently for many reasons which...
  3. Question: Would it be wise to upgrade from 4 GB DDR4 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Would it be wise to upgrade from 4 GB DDR4 RAM to 8 GB DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM with...: In 30 months, I'm sure I can find more Windows PCs with 8 GB of DDR4 if not DDR5 RAM not over $369.99 plus a 6% sales tax, but with free shipping on sites and apps like Amazon. Yes, I have a 128 GB SSD. 30 has become my truly favorite number recently for many reasons which...
  4. Memory upgrade - worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory upgrade - worth it?: I’ve a Dell Latitude 5490 with 8GB of RAM. This has an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated graphics card which uses the main RAM for it’s memory. The 8GB is using one of the 2 DDR4 2400 slots. I’m running this on two displays - a 4K monitor and the built-in Full HD LCD display....
  5. ECC DDR4 for

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ECC DDR4 for: Hi, just upgraded my system from Win7 Home to Win10 Home in the process bought a new mobo, cpu and cooler, and memory. I am running Win10 v 1909 (OS build 18363.535) on a MSI X570-A PRO (MS-7C37) mb, a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x cpu and 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz non-ecc...
  6. Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ?

Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ?: Hello, When i open the windows 10 taskmanager and switch to performance tab and choose memory it does display the correct amount of ram (32 GB) but without the memory type eg that should be 32GB DDR4 also the speed , used slots , form factor and reserved for hardware...
  7. Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskmanager not recognizing DDR4 memory ?: Hello, When i open the windows 10 taskmanager and switch to performance tab and choose memory it does display the correct amount of ram (32 GB) but without the memory type eg that should be 32GB DDR4 also the speed , used slots , form factor and reserved for hardware...
  8. upgrading memory

upgrading memory: Good Day All Just curious if it is possible to upgrade the memory on my laptop on this Satellite S55-C5360 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz (not user upgradeable) the part i want to upgrade is the qty 8 to 16 plus the MHz it say's 1600MHz but can this part be raised ? and would...
  9. DDR3 vs DDR4

in Windows 10 Support
    DDR3 vs DDR4: Is there a significant difference between DDR3 ram and DDR4? Would it be worth actually upgrading my motherboard to one that supports DDR4? My specs... CASE: CM Storm Stryker CPU: Intel i5 4690K 3.5GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: MSI GTX 1080 MOBO:...
  10. What you need to know about DDR4 memory

in Windows 10 News
    What you need to know about DDR4 memory: Most computer technologies only last a short time before they are replaced by something new, but DDR RAM is one of the few that tends to last a while before being replaced. The original DDR SDRAM was launched in 2000 and lasted three years before being replaced in 2003 by...