Windows 10: DDS files open with wordpad

Discus and support DDS files open with wordpad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yeah I goofed hard and I opened a DDS file as a wordpad and now its saved as wordpad therefore its not working, how do i change it back to DDS? 85622 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burakkunaito, May 28, 2017.

1. DDS files open with wordpad

So yeah I goofed hard and I opened a DDS file as a wordpad and now its saved as wordpad therefore its not working, how do i change it back to DDS?

:)

Burakkunaito, May 28, 2017

2. opening a file from a jump drive

WordPad should be able to open the file. Have you tried launching WordPad then point to the file then open it?

Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2017
  3. Synaptics touchpad went first, then the cursor, then the keyboard. Please help.

Something strange happened this morning, Sept. 18. Upon signing on, the desktop had two icons superimposed: Wordpad file on top of the 'my computer' folder. Clicking on it resulted in 'my computer' opening while clicking on it again resulted in the
    Wordpad file opening. I saved the Wordpad file contents to a new file and deleted the Wordpad file. Another Wordpad file took its place on top of the 'my computer' icon. Please help.

pronkerpronker, May 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

DDS files open with wordpad

dalchina, May 28, 2017
Thema:

DDS files open with wordpad

1. DDS files open with wordpad - Similar Threads - DDS files open

2. Wordpad Document won't open in full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wordpad Document won't open in full: Hi Guys I have 2 Wordpad documents which are exactly the same size 20.6MB. One opens in full and the whole document is view-able, the other opens but only half the document is view-able although both are 20.6MB. Many thanks in advance. 143317
  3. Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time)

Wordpad not opening correctly (most of the time): My problem is when I open wordpad it opens in a very narrow page. I usually close it and reopen it 2 or 3 times and it returns to normal. See the images below for narrow page and normal page. [ATTACH]...
  4. Closing files in Wordpad

Closing files in Wordpad: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-files-in-wordpad/10c39e44-1456-4287-a1a8-63e3ddb75c27
  5. cannot open Wordpad on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open Wordpad on windows 10.: cannot open wordpad.Nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-wordpad-on-windows-10/02b5b28c-00f2-4d86-95f6-e040b258fab8
  6. Prevent WordPad from opening, or prevent RTF files from opening by policy or script

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prevent WordPad from opening, or prevent RTF files from opening by policy or script: Greetings, I am looking for a way to stop my users from being able to open WordPad or from being able to open RTF files (either would serve the same purpose). I need to roll this out to all machines preferably by GPO, but a script would work too. Anyone know of a way to...
  7. about wordpad under file

about wordpad under file: I can't use it I think it is licensed to old e-mail address, can I changelicense to new e-mail address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-wordpad-under-file/2c6ce777-bc88-4dfd-8a80-9633e382396c
  8. Recover wordpad files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover wordpad files: Hello everyone, in these months I have been working on an important document that I regularly saved after having modified it (I saved it about ten times in these months) often, however, and sometimes happened to leave it open at power off and, therefore, to find it opens the...
  9. how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...: how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is not legible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-change-the-program-that-opens-attached/475e59b9-6192-4fd7-aa4a-61566b93185c
  10. Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document

Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead as a WordPad document: Wordpad wants to open with Word 2016 instead of as a WordPad document [img] [img] I'm setting up a new Dell Inspiron 15 (x64) laptop. Windows 10 Home (x64). And want to have WordPad to open as a WordPad document. --- The top of the document shows Word...