Windows 10: DDS files open with wordpad

Discus and support DDS files open with wordpad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yeah I goofed hard and I opened a DDS file as a wordpad and now its saved as wordpad therefore its not working, how do i change it back to DDS? 85622 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Burakkunaito, May 28, 2017.

1. DDS files open with wordpad

So yeah I goofed hard and I opened a DDS file as a wordpad and now its saved as wordpad therefore its not working, how do i change it back to DDS?

:)

Burakkunaito, May 28, 2017

2. opening a file from a jump drive

WordPad should be able to open the file. Have you tried launching WordPad then point to the file then open it?

Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2017
  3. Synaptics touchpad went first, then the cursor, then the keyboard. Please help.

Something strange happened this morning, Sept. 18. Upon signing on, the desktop had two icons superimposed: Wordpad file on top of the 'my computer' folder. Clicking on it resulted in 'my computer' opening while clicking on it again resulted in the
    Wordpad file opening. I saved the Wordpad file contents to a new file and deleted the Wordpad file. Another Wordpad file took its place on top of the 'my computer' icon. Please help.

pronkerpronker, May 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

DDS files open with wordpad

dalchina, May 28, 2017
Thema:

DDS files open with wordpad

1. DDS files open with wordpad - Similar Threads - DDS files open

2. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aba file opening in wordpad: I have ABA files for banking and I have opened it in wordpad and now it is set as default and now can't use it in banking app because I can't revert it back- I've unticked always open in this app and still doesn't work...
  3. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aba file opening in wordpad: I have ABA files for banking and I have opened it in wordpad and now it is set as default and now can't use it in banking app because I can't revert it back- I've unticked always open in this app and still doesn't work...
  4. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. All of my .dll files open up as wordpad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of my .dll files open up as wordpad.: Can someone please help me fix my .dll files from opening wordpad. My computer is windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-dll-files-open-up-as-wordpad/4fb9f99c-5c24-43fb-8a07-0b3c8b6aa9ff
  6. All of my .dll files open up as wordpad.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of my .dll files open up as wordpad.: Can someone please help me fix my .dll files from opening wordpad. My computer is windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-of-my-dll-files-open-up-as-wordpad/4fb9f99c-5c24-43fb-8a07-0b3c8b6aa9ff
  7. Why is it opening in Wordpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is it opening in Wordpad: so I'm downloading a Docx file and its only opening in Wordpad and not google docs in chrome even though before the latest windows update it did how do I fix that submitted by /u/yuval8ittai [link] [comments]...
  8. .jar file opens with wordpad.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .jar file opens with wordpad.: So recently I may have done something stupid. I'm not sure what I did but when I try to open a file with Java it opens on wordpad for some reason. I tried changing it to Java but I can't find Java. Is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/Koufpa [link]...
  9. WordPad to pdf files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad to pdf files: do i need to install microsoft word in order to send files in pdf form, or can you convert word pad into pdf form? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-to-pdf-files/ecb2e2f1-235c-461e-9e4d-2d3bd0116db7
  10. WordPad Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad Files: How do I delete files listed when I click on the "FILES" heading while using the WordPad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-files/dcece724-c2c0-4132-a269-ae132b9ce7a2