Windows 10: De-Activated W10IP

Discus and support De-Activated W10IP in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My W10IP has been de-Activated for the last couple of upgrades (I think it may have failed when I upgraded to b10586). Can this be fixed? 42881 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lehnerus2000, Mar 3, 2016.

1. De-Activated W10IP

My W10IP has been de-Activated for the last couple of upgrades (I think it may have failed when I upgraded to b10586).

Can this be fixed?

:)

lehnerus2000, Mar 3, 2016

2. Windows Mail app closing - windows 10

Sorry.

Tried both things and no sucess.

I'm updating to the W10IP 11082 and hopping this will fix the issue.

I will let you know.

Diego Grunberg Garcia, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 3, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

De-Activated W10IP

If you upgraded from windows 7/8 originally, use old key in activation menu.

cereberus, Mar 4, 2016
  5. I've been using a (continuously) upgraded VM, since the start of the Insider Preview program.

I forgot that MS changed policy and now want me to sacrifice W7 to run the test version of W10. *Redface

lehnerus2000, Mar 4, 2016
  6. My guess is the change in policy is so people can't just install the latest Insider Preview and get 10 Free, conceivably forever, as long as they stay an insider. I thought you were good though, if you were an insider from day one? It's only if you reinstall/clean install that activation fails? You may have to use a Qualifying OS product code to activate, but that code won't be blacklisted or anything. You could go back to that OS, install it and use it, after wiping the Insider preview using that key for activation. I don't think you can't legally use them both at the same time, as per the EULA. Not that I totally understand all the legalease, etc. I've done the free upgrade, then reinstalled the original OS using the original key, as a test, and it activated just fine.

alphanumeric, Mar 5, 2016
  7. Thanks for the replies. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Mar 11, 2016
  8. De-Activated W10IP

Superfly mentioned in another thread, that one of the insider builds switched the generic key to a KMS key, and thus fails activation. Doing a change key and entering the correct generic key fixes it. Maybe run showkey and see what key is in use? Then try changing it if need be?
    Windows 10 Home - YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
    Windows 10 Home SL- BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
    Windows 10 Pro - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

I can't remember what thread he mentioned it in or I'd post a link.

alphanumeric, Mar 11, 2016
  9. I tried the W10 Pro key last week, but it didn't work.

I'll try those keys again once W10IP b14279 finishes installing.

lehnerus2000, Mar 13, 2016
  10. I think it will use that key by default on a clean install. I'm guessing that's what your trying now?
    With the new rules in place, I think there needs to be a digital entitlement in place, even if your running the Insider Preview? You need to do the free upgrade just to run the preview.

alphanumeric, Mar 13, 2016
  11. That seems to be the case.

I'm not going to replace my W7, just to try out "buggy" W10 betas.
    The other "by design" W10 annoyances are still going to be present (even if the glitches aren't).
    Note:
    Most of my W10 upgrades have only displayed minor glitches (usually limited to an additional reboot to fix the mouse).
    W10IP b14271 trashed a bunch of stuff though.

I "reloaded" W10IP b14267 and upgraded that to b14279, which seems to be working without the b14271 issues.
    It didn't like the Pro key either.

lehnerus2000, Mar 13, 2016
  12. Yeah, once the official consumer release came on the scene they changed the rules as far as the Insider preview is concerned.. If you were already running an Insider Preview from a clean install, it stays activated as long as you keep upgrading to the next preview. If you don't, activation eventually times out. Clean install now though, and unless you originally upgraded from 7 or 8, it won't activate. I guess they don't want people just getting a free ride by running the preview for ever? I'm not saying I agree with it, or that's its fair? Just my guess why they changed the rules. In your case it sounds like a glitch messed up your activation status and now your screwed.

alphanumeric, Mar 13, 2016
  13. De-Activated W10IP

I did a clean install of the very first preview and the second preview, but every other preview has been an in-place upgrade.

I reckon that I actually saw it happen.

I was doing an upgrade (I can't remember which one) and there was a weird hiccup during the process.
    Since W10 worked as expected, after the upgrade finished, I didn't worry about it.

lehnerus2000, Mar 14, 2016
  14. I'm not running a preview at the moment. I was for a while on my second spare desktop PC, but hardly ever turned it on. I haven't seen anything being mentioned in the new releases that makes me want to go right now and have a look see. That tower isn't even connected to a monitor at the moment. I should probably setup a VM, I just don't have the ambition to do it. If Microsoft actually gets off their duff and does something cool in a new build I might. Until then meh.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

De-Activated W10IP

1. De-Activated W10IP - Similar Threads - Activated W10IP

2. I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark: So I try looking everywhere for this problem so it is just me I have this windows watermark on my screen saying "please activate windows" keep in mind I already have it activated and spent alot of money on it and so when I get rid of it by looking up yt tutorials I restart my...
  3. I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open anything after taking out the "activate windows" watermark: So I try looking everywhere for this problem so it is just me I have this windows watermark on my screen saying "please activate windows" keep in mind I already have it activated and spent alot of money on it and so when I get rid of it by looking up yt tutorials I restart my...
  4. Windows 11 Pro activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro activation: I purchased a new Surface 9 Pro directly from Microsoft. It comes with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro via the Microsoft store. It updated without any issues. Now Windows won't activate, and it appears that the machine thinks it is Windows 11 Enterprise....
  5. Windows 11 Pro activation

Windows 11 Pro activation: I purchased a new Surface 9 Pro directly from Microsoft. It comes with Windows 11 Home. I upgraded to Windows 11 Pro via the Microsoft store. It updated without any issues. Now Windows won't activate, and it appears that the machine thinks it is Windows 11 Enterprise....
  6. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  7. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  8. windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw: Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw. what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activateerror-code-0xc004f074-this/e56c9af3-93ca-4655-966f-05c9fc5e8ead
  9. windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw

windows can't activate,Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw: Error code: 0xC004F074 this type of error saw. what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-activateerror-code-0xc004f074-this/e56c9af3-93ca-4655-966f-05c9fc5e8ead
  10. windows activation

windows activation: unable to activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation/5c19f108-3a18-4bb2-a06c-a52cc1df38a9