Windows 10: De-Internetting a Windows 10 Desktop

Discus and support De-Internetting a Windows 10 Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a Windows 10 Desktop as the "brain" for my smart home. For a host of reasons, it CANNOT be allowed to access the internet. What bundled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeinrichSI, Jan 17, 2019.

1. De-Internetting a Windows 10 Desktop

I am using a Windows 10 Desktop as the "brain" for my smart home. For a host of reasons, it CANNOT be allowed to access the internet. What bundled software do I need to remove and what services do I need to disable to remove my Windows 10 desktop forever and completely from the internet? (I have tried figuring it out myself, but I keep coming across operating system services starting and running in the background that keep trying to access the internet.) Just looking for a list of software and services I can remove/disable.

:)

HeinrichSI, Jan 17, 2019

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

De-Internetting a Windows 10 Desktop

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

De-Internetting a Windows 10 Desktop wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

De-Internetting a Windows 10 Desktop

1. De-Internetting a Windows 10 Desktop - Similar Threads - Internetting Desktop

2. My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...: My internet not working on my desktop I connected my ethernet cable to router it's light blinking but not connected on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-not-working-i-cannect-my-ethernet/d50a06b3-1c9f-496a-bdf3-9a1bc3d56ba6
  3. Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.: I have a desktop that I made that has an ethernet port that is cable of 1 Gbps and a newer laptop with the same capabilities. When downloading the same game through steam using the same Ethernet cable, I get 1Gbps on my laptop but at most 250 Mbps on my desktop. What could be...
  4. Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.: I have a desktop that I made that has an ethernet port that is cable of 1 Gbps and a newer laptop with the same capabilities. When downloading the same game through steam using the same Ethernet cable, I get 1Gbps on my laptop but at most 250 Mbps on my desktop. What could be...
  5. Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop App does not connect to internet However web app and browser works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop App does not connect to internet However web app and browser works: Hello We have this issue whereby Windows Update, Outlook and Teams and more desktop apps are not working however I can open web outlook, web teams and browser internet. Windows Update gives this error - We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you...
  7. Desktop App does not connect to internet However web app and browser works

Desktop App does not connect to internet However web app and browser works: Hello We have this issue whereby Windows Update, Outlook and Teams and more desktop apps are not working however I can open web outlook, web teams and browser internet. Windows Update gives this error - We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you...
  8. HP desktop PC cannot install MS Office 365. I get error saying “check internet connection”...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP desktop PC cannot install MS Office 365. I get error saying “check internet connection”...: HP desktop PC cannot install MS Office 365. I get error saying “check internet connection” although I can browse web.I have even formatted the pc and installed Win 11.I have tried various solutions on the internet...
  9. HP desktop PC cannot install MS Office 365. I get error saying “check internet connection”...

HP desktop PC cannot install MS Office 365. I get error saying “check internet connection”...: HP desktop PC cannot install MS Office 365. I get error saying “check internet connection” although I can browse web.I have even formatted the pc and installed Win 11.I have tried various solutions on the internet...
  10. in desktop computer global internet option is nsof showing instead of pc picture is showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in desktop computer global internet option is nsof showing instead of pc picture is showing...: in desktop computer global internet option is not showing instead of pc picture is showing with red cross on it. I want to activate Windows but without Internet it is not possible...please guide. And desktop computer can be connected to mobile hotshot or I need to buy...