Windows 10: Deactivate a key on Keyboard

Discus and support Deactivate a key on Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Fellows I need to deactivate the forward slash key on my laptop keyboard because it is faulty and acts as if the key is pressed permanently when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DarrenTheBigKangaroo, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Deactivate a key on Keyboard

Hi Fellows

I need to deactivate the forward slash key on my laptop keyboard because it is faulty and acts as if the key is pressed permanently when it is not. . The Simple Deactivate Key software works but it costs money (AUD $33) and I am on a pensions so hope there is somehow I can do this once off with windows 10. I tried the Mapkeyboard utility but for some reason it did not work.

Any help would be appreciated

darren

:)

DarrenTheBigKangaroo, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Deactivate a key on Keyboard

Keyboard choices, advice please

Inb4 bumblebee and her massive rants on mechanical keyboards, YES IM GOING MECHANICAL.

The current choice is the Razer Black widow ultimate.

It has a list of things i really want.

• Black keyboard
    • Blue LED
    • Mechanical switches
    • USB port
    • USB soundcard built in (for LAN use - not a neccesity)
    • Easy to use Macro keys
    • Standard key layout - i HATE keyboards where its altered, or the keys are a different size to normal.
    • Compact size - keyboards that are three feet wide due to 5 rows of G keys and 12 feet tall due to an LCD are out. this thing has to fit on cramped desks at LAN events.
    • Media Keys are a must
    Things i dont like
    • Price
    • Noisy keys - hell they advertise its as loud as a mouse click, that worries me. a lot.
    • Media keys are controlled through a Fn key. its ok, but i prefer dedicated keys.

So, does anyone have any alternatives that i can buy in australia, that meet my requirements?

edit: G19 is ruled out due to it requiring external power. so please dont suggest it. (yes, i know its not mechanical - but its a similar price range)

Mussels, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Deactivate a key on Keyboard

1. Deactivate a key on Keyboard - Similar Threads - Deactivate key Keyboard

2. Deactivate kms key with licence key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deactivate kms key with licence key: How to deactivate kms key in window 10 and after that activate window 11 with licence key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deactivate-kms-key-with-licence-key/5dca87b5-e6d6-4264-8934-f0ef85cef084
  3. Deactivate kms key with licence key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deactivate kms key with licence key: How to deactivate kms key in window 10 and after that activate window 11 with licence key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deactivate-kms-key-with-licence-key/5dca87b5-e6d6-4264-8934-f0ef85cef084
  4. Product key not deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  5. Product key not deactivating

Product key not deactivating: I want to transfer my Windows 11 Pro account to a new PC. I ran the commands to deactivate the product key and removed my existing pc from the account. However, it is not deactivated and the other PC can't find the product key.Here's a screenshot. The pc still says that it's...
  6. Onscreen Keyboard layout with key highlight activate/deactivate function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onscreen Keyboard layout with key highlight activate/deactivate function: Hi,I have installed windows 10. I would like to have on my pc a keyboard layout with the key to activate or deactivate the key highlight, to avoid that I see the keys I press, on the screen. I know that these layouts exist but I don't know how to do it. Thanks...
  7. Onscreen Keyboard layout with key highlight activate/deactivate function

Onscreen Keyboard layout with key highlight activate/deactivate function: Hi,I have installed windows 10. I would like to have on my pc a keyboard layout with the key to activate or deactivate the key highlight, to avoid that I see the keys I press, on the screen. I know that these layouts exist but I don't know how to do it. Thanks...
  8. Onscreen Keyboard layout with key highlight activate/deactivate function

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Deactivate product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivate product key: Hi, Can anyone guide me on how i can deactivate the key product and move the product key on a new device? The existing win 10 version is an upgrade from win 7 premium. If that helps? TIA...
  10. Product Key Deactivation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key Deactivation: Hi all, I bought Windows 10 Home Edition when I built my PC a couple of years ago and I am now going to be selling it to build a new one. I will be keeping my SSD which Windows and other programs are currently installed on, putting in a new one and installing Windows on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deactivate a key on keyboard windows 10

2. deactivate keyboard key

3. oodeactivate a key

4. deactivate key in keyboard,
  5. deactivate windows key keyboard,
  6. deactivate a keyboard key,
  7. how to deactivate windows key on keyboard,
  8. how to deactivate a keyboard