Windows 10: Deactivate FSX

Discus and support Deactivate FSX in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How can I deactivate FSX from one computer to install it on another. Regards Pieter Boosman... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OpaWierden, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Deactivate FSX

How can I deactivate FSX from one computer to install it on another.

Regards Pieter Boosman

:)

OpaWierden, Apr 7, 2021
  2. machtoo Win User

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX

Resolved...well it took several steps...had to manually search and delete any Microsoft Flight Simulator entry in the registry related specifically to fsx.exe. This allowed the Remove to work from the DVD. Then reinstalled FSX and activated. Launched and it worked. Then I installed the Acceleration pack. Launched and got the activation error again. Went into the registry and looked for the UpperFilters setting in the MS FSX registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS
    \{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and modified it..deleted the partmgr and typed PartMgr and restarted FSX with Accel Pack, it immediately asked for activation and entered the product key and it activated successfully. This was a 24 hour pain.....but back to normal after the 1607 update.

machtoo, Apr 7, 2021
  3. machtoo Win User
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX

My update to 1607 went smoothly yesterday...deferred for quite while...had to reinstall DisplayLink driver as expected. Started testing various apps. Found out that the update deactivated FSX Gold + Acceleration which was running fine on 1511. I have run FSX for many years. Tried a repair from the DVD which failed every time with an InstallShield error o cannot complete error. I tried an uninstall...was able to unistall Acceleraton pack but FSX itself will not unistall. The process starts but will eventually fails after the initial stage with the InstallShield error . Accel pack will not install as it now thinks FSX is not installed. I am at a loss. I am a 40 year computer technology professional but this one has me stumped. I tried everything on the Internet but nothing has worked. Anyone seen this issue...any fixes?

machtoo, Apr 7, 2021
  4. Deactivate FSX

FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Deactivate FSX

1. Deactivate FSX - Similar Threads - Deactivate FSX

2. Windows deactivated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows deactivated: I bought laptop At best buy It already had a windows key install. Add this computer from us two months it was a demo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-deactivated/d625c683-0d0d-42d8-9007-823509c627fa
  3. Windows deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deactivated: I bought laptop At best buy It already had a windows key install. Add this computer from us two months it was a demo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-deactivated/d625c683-0d0d-42d8-9007-823509c627fa
  4. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  5. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...: I just installed windows from an OEM Windows 10 pro 64bit Eng Intl 1pk DSP ver.1909 system builder "kit" I bought back in 2019 but never used. Build date on it is 10/27/2019. It has an Part # code and COA barcode. With red seal that had to be broken to open it. Inside is the...
  6. Authentic OEM Windows 10 Pro key deactivated next day after installation on a brand new...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows deactivated after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deactivated after factory reset: I recently factory reset my computer because of an issue and out of no where it is now deactivated. No idea why this happened, as it has never happened to me before....
  8. Windows deactivated after factory reset

Windows deactivated after factory reset: I recently factory reset my computer because of an issue and out of no where it is now deactivated. No idea why this happened, as it has never happened to me before....
  9. I recently flashed my bios and put in new ram. now windows has been deactivated and I am...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I recently flashed my bios and put in new ram. now windows has been deactivated and I am...: Title says most of the issue but I will say I have had this motherboard for about year now, its windows 10 pro, and I have never had this issue. Ryzen 7 5800x, Corsair RGB Vengeance 2x8 -> 4x8, RX6950XT.I had windows running fine after the flash last night till this morning....
  10. Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX: My update to 1607 went smoothly yesterday...deferred for quite while...had to reinstall DisplayLink driver as expected. Started testing various apps. Found out that the update deactivated FSX Gold + Acceleration which was running fine on 1511. I have run FSX for many years....