Windows 10: Deactivate License Key Remotely Coronavirus roadblock

Discus and support Deactivate License Key Remotely Coronavirus roadblock in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I was hoping someone could help me with finding out how to remotely deactivate Windows 10 / MS Office product keys on a laptop that was sent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Alex Ivasechko, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Deactivate License Key Remotely Coronavirus roadblock

Hello,

I was hoping someone could help me with finding out how to remotely deactivate Windows 10 / MS Office product keys on a laptop that was sent for repair.

Now it's turning out that the manufacturer cannot repair the laptop due to the supply chain broken with the coronavirus-related restrictions, which no one had envisioned when I was handing the laptop it.

They will replace the laptop, with me having no further access to it. I can wipe out all the remote logins to this PC, but leaving things as they are mean I'm losing my product keys and have to purchase new ones.

:)

Alex Ivasechko, Apr 13, 2020

2. deactivate windows product key

I finally got the issue resolved by a Microsoft tech support agent remote connect to me to give me the iso file after verifying the product key. Between that and the steps I took before being tossed around between Microsoft and HP it took around 2 hours
    or so to resolve the issue. It's a shame there's no simple way to get the license deactivated from the Microsoft site as well as be able to download the iso file for all support Windows versions. At one point I found a webpage on the Microsoft site that allowed
    me to type in the product key but since the site saw that the product key was associated with the HP laptop (which it originally was years ago) it wouldn't let me deactivate the license.

thinker101, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?

Hi SADIEL_410

I am an independent advisor here to help

a retail purchase of a Windows 10 license can be transferred to a new machine. However, unless you have remote access to this person's computer you would not be able to remotely deactivate the license from their computer

JamesYoung9, Apr 13, 2020
  4. bhringer Win User

Deactivate License Key Remotely Coronavirus roadblock

Coronavirus Cybercrime Scams

*This thread has been created to provide information awareness and hopefully some guidance at time of writing. As things evolve there will likely be changes and additions.

Microsoft has today published the following article:

Protecting against coronavirus themed phishing attacks

Protecting against coronavirus themed phishing attacks

Phishing is the most prevalent threat to the consumer (home user) but like other

trending world events

miscreants (hackers, malware creators and scammers) seize upon the opportunity to take advantage of people.

Malwarebytes Labs describe some of these other malicious activities in their recent blog.

Coronavirus scams, found and explained

Coronavirus scams, found and explained - Malwarebytes Labs

Here are some examples reported by other security information providers.

FBI Warning: Phishing Emails Push Fake Govt Stimulus Checks

FBI Warning: Phishing Emails Push Fake Govt Stimulus Checks

Sextortion Scam Threatens to Infect Your Family With Coronavirus

Extortion Emails Threaten to Infect Your Family With Coronavirus

Spyware disguised as COVID-19 tracker app actually keeps track of users

Spyware disguised as COVID-19 tracker app actually keeps track of users

Note: If you wish to track global statistics I recommend the following:

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Furthermore, instead of using potential malware containing apps advertised or promoted online for self-assessment, medical advice or how this situation impacts you I suggest visiting federal, state/provincial or local government websites (If I find a link
    that lists these I will add it to this thread).

Important: For the time being this thread will remain open. I only ask that replies be restricted to references to other relevant and new information that would impact the home computer
    user.

Best wishes to all.

~

bhringer, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Deactivate License Key Remotely Coronavirus roadblock

1. Deactivate License Key Remotely Coronavirus roadblock - Similar Threads - Deactivate License Key

2. windows license deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows license deactivated: i purchased my mac with windows several years back and just now my license deactivated. how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-deactivated/2ca3f235-4544-40a4-ac81-fcf4d0d8dec5
  3. windows license deactivated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows license deactivated: i purchased my mac with windows several years back and just now my license deactivated. how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-deactivated/2ca3f235-4544-40a4-ac81-fcf4d0d8dec5
  4. Finding Windows license key on deactivated Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finding Windows license key on deactivated Laptop: To start... IM F***IN STUPID!So today my new laptop arrived without Windows License. So I wanted to take the one of my old laptop. So I found out how to deactivate it, but didnt write it down or anything... On the laptop itself is no sticker with the key...It originally was a...
  5. my licenses key deactivated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my licenses key deactivated: dont know what happend i powered down for the night and when i started in this morning it now says activate windows key submitted by /u/zzzpotatozzz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ingx69/my_licenses_key_deactivated/
  6. Deactivate Digital license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivate Digital license: Hello, good evening. I want to remove/deactivate my win 10 pro license, if I use cmd slmgr process only in the property page says the win is not activated, but on the activation page says the window is activated with a digital license link to my acc. On the other hand...
  7. Coronavirus response

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Coronavirus response: Coronavirus brakes out and my wife is a doctor responding to the outbreak. I'm a teacher who needs to scramble and put together a distance learning curriculum while homeschooling a five year old and a six year..... You can safely say I was fairly stressed out and my first...
  8. Coronavirus response

Coronavirus response: Coronavirus brakes out and my wife is a doctor responding to the outbreak. I'm a teacher who needs to scramble and put together a distance learning curriculum while homeschooling a five year old and a six year..... You can safely say I was fairly stressed out and my first...
  9. Coronavirus response

10. Product Key Roadblock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Roadblock: I've run the media creation tool and waited the hours it took to download, only to find that it's asking me for a product key. Why didn't they ask me for this before wasting everyone's bandwidth? Is there anything that can be done? I've successfully installed this on my...