Windows 10: Deactivate Win10 Home

Discus and support Deactivate Win10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to deactivate Win10 Home on my currently bootcamped MacBook and reinstall it on a new partition since it's giving me a lot of issues. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jacket.Jane, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Deactivate Win10 Home

I'm trying to deactivate Win10 Home on my currently bootcamped MacBook and reinstall it on a new partition since it's giving me a lot of issues. It tells me I don't have elevated privileges to deactivate when I run slmgr.vbs -upk nor can I find the local permissions folder. Turning "off" UAC didn't do anything.

I am the ONLY user on this computer, I have the OG product key, etc. How can I deactivate it?

TIA!

:)

Jacket.Jane, Aug 10, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

If you upgraded to Win10 with MBAM installed, it's very possible that the OS upgrade messed up something with MBAM.
    (It was/is M$ "best practices" to temporarily uninstall your AV, AM and other security programs before upgrading to Win10, to minimize the chance of such corruption.)

Either way, for starters, I suggest a proper, clean MBAM reinstall.
    I suggest carefully following ALL of the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Pointers:
    • Please be sure you have your license info handy before you start
    • Please be sure to deactivate your account before you uninstall (dashboard > "my account" > "deactivate")
    • Please be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool
    • It's a good idea to reboot again after the reinstall

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Gusgf Win User

Deactivate Win10 Home

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Deactivate Win10 Home

1. Deactivate Win10 Home - Similar Threads - Deactivate Win10 Home

2. Deactivating Bitlocker on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deactivating Bitlocker on Windows 11 Home: I wanted to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows on my HP laptop with Windows 11 Home. I successfully partitioned the harddrive, booted Ubuntu from a flash disc, but when I tried to install it, it said that Bitlocker was encrypting my disc, and I need to turn it off. So I restarted...
  3. Windows 11 Home deactivated itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home deactivated itself: 3 months ago I built a new PC and bought a digital copy of Windows 11 Home for it through the Microsoft website. This order also properly appears in my order history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders . However, a few weeks ago Windows apparently deactivated...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  5. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  6. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  8. windows 10 home deactivated

windows 10 home deactivated: I bought a windows tablet 4 months ago with windows 10 preinstalled. Everything was fine. However I have been away for a month and not used the tablet until today. When I switched it on it said windows needs activation. When I went to settings it said the product key was...
  9. Win10 deactivated - how to get a working Win10 back

Win10 deactivated - how to get a working Win10 back: My Surface is an ex employer machine. Purchased new it was delivered with 8.1 Pro and I have the key for this. My office installed Win10 Enterprise and I have been using that licence both at work and since the Surface ownership was transferred to me when I left. Last week...
  10. windows 10 home deactivated ?

windows 10 home deactivated ?: hi guys , I have just recently built a new pc and I transferred windows from my old computer to this new computer via my ssd. I had afew problems with recognising my new system through windows so I used the windows defender to reinstall windows. it was all working fine until...