Windows 10: Deactivate Win10 Home

Discus and support Deactivate Win10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to deactivate Win10 Home on my currently bootcamped MacBook and reinstall it on a new partition since it's giving me a lot of issues. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jacket.Jane, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Deactivate Win10 Home

I'm trying to deactivate Win10 Home on my currently bootcamped MacBook and reinstall it on a new partition since it's giving me a lot of issues. It tells me I don't have elevated privileges to deactivate when I run slmgr.vbs -upk nor can I find the local permissions folder. Turning "off" UAC didn't do anything.

I am the ONLY user on this computer, I have the OG product key, etc. How can I deactivate it?

TIA!

:)

Jacket.Jane, Aug 10, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Why has Windows 10 slowed my computer so much?

If you upgraded to Win10 with MBAM installed, it's very possible that the OS upgrade messed up something with MBAM.
    (It was/is M$ "best practices" to temporarily uninstall your AV, AM and other security programs before upgrading to Win10, to minimize the chance of such corruption.)

Either way, for starters, I suggest a proper, clean MBAM reinstall.
    I suggest carefully following ALL of the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x.
    Pointers:
    • Please be sure you have your license info handy before you start
    • Please be sure to deactivate your account before you uninstall (dashboard > "my account" > "deactivate")
    • Please be sure to reboot when prompted by the removal tool
    • It's a good idea to reboot again after the reinstall

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Gusgf Win User

Deactivate Win10 Home

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Deactivate Win10 Home

1. Deactivate Win10 Home - Similar Threads - Deactivate Win10 Home

2. Win10 home a update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 home a update: Hi. I want update Win 10 home in notebook Lenovo V130 and error generate. 1. update from aplication Win 10 - only view inicialing and nothing. 2. update from manual : download KBxxxxxxx manualy and start and generate erorrs: 2147943458 The service cannot be...
  3. My Windows 10 Home got deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 Home got deactivated: [ATTACH] A few weeks ago, I suddenly noticed that my windows got deactivated (after an update probably). I tried some solutions found on the internet but it didn't help. In addition, the error message I am getting is not in the list of error messages provided by Microsoft....
  4. windows 10 home deactivated

windows 10 home deactivated: I bought a windows tablet 4 months ago with windows 10 preinstalled. Everything was fine. However I have been away for a month and not used the tablet until today. When I switched it on it said windows needs activation. When I went to settings it said the product key was...
  5. Windows 10 Home is sudden deactivated

Windows 10 Home is sudden deactivated: I purchased Win 10 Home 64x on the date 29.03.2018. and payed for it 140$. When I've searched my problem on the net the only possibility mentioned was a hardware change that didn't happened id my case. The error code is 0x800723B at my activation window, but, when i select...
  6. Win10 deactivated - how to get a working Win10 back

Win10 deactivated - how to get a working Win10 back: My Surface is an ex employer machine. Purchased new it was delivered with 8.1 Pro and I have the key for this. My office installed Win10 Enterprise and I have been using that licence both at work and since the Surface ownership was transferred to me when I left. Last week...
  7. windows 10 home deactivated ?

windows 10 home deactivated ?: hi guys , I have just recently built a new pc and I transferred windows from my old computer to this new computer via my ssd. I had afew problems with recognising my new system through windows so I used the windows defender to reinstall windows. it was all working fine until...
  8. Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license

Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license: I have been using Windows 10 Pro since release, upgraded from a Windows 8.1 Pro retail license (I believe I still have the original packaging somewhere). Today an "Activate Windows" notice popped up on my screen, and the activation troubleshooter informs me that I have a...
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home

Downgrade from Win10 Pro to Win10 Home: Hi all, Just some kind of confirmation/affirmation to be honest here. I have recently acquired a Surface Pro 3 (i5-256GB model), had Win8, promptly upgraded to Win10. However after playing a while I found a few of the 'Pro' features an... annoyance... and nothing I...