Windows 10: Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled

Discus and support Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a license for Windows 10 for my previous computer, and didn't think about deactivation before I disassembled it and built my new computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ZakuIII, Mar 27, 2020.

1. ZakuIII Win User

Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled

I bought a license for Windows 10 for my previous computer, and didn't think about deactivation before I disassembled it and built my new computer.

Now while trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer, I attempted to use the option to tell it I have new hardware, and it's not allowing me. From what I've seen, it's because the previous license was not deactivated.

How can I deactivate the license so I can use it on my new computer without access to my old computer?

Thanks for any assistance.

:)

ZakuIII, Mar 27, 2020

2. How do you deactivate Windows 10 license on one computer and then install it on another?

I am getting rid of the computer that has a full version of Windows 10 home installed on it. I want to use that license on a different computer. I cannot find within the Microsoft account a listing of the computers that have licenses and how I can deactivate
    the old computer.

MichaelQUESNEL1, Mar 27, 2020
  3. z3r010 Win User
    MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

z3r010, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled - Similar Threads - Deactivate License Computer

2. How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?: I had windows10 key which I was able to use on 5 devices. During past years, I have changed many computers and used that key. Those computers are dead. My question is how I can free those licenses from dead comuters and use them somewhere else?...
  3. How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?: I had windows10 key which I was able to use on 5 devices. During past years, I have changed many computers and used that key. Those computers are dead. My question is how I can free those licenses from dead comuters and use them somewhere else?...
  4. How to deactivate windows license from dead computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows license deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows license deactivated: i purchased my mac with windows several years back and just now my license deactivated. how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-deactivated/2ca3f235-4544-40a4-ac81-fcf4d0d8dec5
  6. windows license deactivated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows license deactivated: i purchased my mac with windows several years back and just now my license deactivated. how do I get it to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-license-deactivated/2ca3f235-4544-40a4-ac81-fcf4d0d8dec5
  7. My Windows 10 Home License got deactivated after a resetting the computer

My Windows 10 Home License got deactivated after a resetting the computer: My computer already had Windows 10 Home, but the license got deactivated after a couple of months, I assumed it was a non-genuine copy or something different and I bought a license literally done today {November 6, 2020}, I entered the key and it removed the watermark and...
  8. How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more...

How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more...: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop and then bought a desktop PC. I tried to transfer my license from my laptop Windows 10 to PC and now I have the same license on two computers. I searched for some items here and found that it might not be allowed to transfer licenses, if...
  9. Deactivate Digital license

Deactivate Digital license: Hello, good evening. I want to remove/deactivate my win 10 pro license, if I use cmd slmgr process only in the property page says the win is not activated, but on the activation page says the window is activated with a digital license link to my acc. On the other hand...
  10. 2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro

2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro: Hello all, I've run into a bit of confusion. So I'm in the process of converting a ton of old computers at my worksite from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've only done 3 computers so far, and during the first computer's installation I was prompted to put in a license...