Windows 10: Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled

Discus and support Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a license for Windows 10 for my previous computer, and didn't think about deactivation before I disassembled it and built my new computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ZakuIII, Mar 27, 2020.

1. ZakuIII Win User

Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled

I bought a license for Windows 10 for my previous computer, and didn't think about deactivation before I disassembled it and built my new computer.

Now while trying to activate Windows 10 on my new computer, I attempted to use the option to tell it I have new hardware, and it's not allowing me. From what I've seen, it's because the previous license was not deactivated.

How can I deactivate the license so I can use it on my new computer without access to my old computer?

Thanks for any assistance.

:)

ZakuIII, Mar 27, 2020

2. How do you deactivate Windows 10 license on one computer and then install it on another?

I am getting rid of the computer that has a full version of Windows 10 home installed on it. I want to use that license on a different computer. I cannot find within the Microsoft account a listing of the computers that have licenses and how I can deactivate
    the old computer.

MichaelQUESNEL1, Mar 27, 2020
  3. z3r010 Win User
    MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

z3r010, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

MSFT acknowledges some Win10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated

Source: Microsoft acknowledges some Windows 10 Pro licenses being mistakenly deactivated - Neowin

More:

UPDATE: You can now run the Windows Activation troubleshooter to activate again.

*Arrow Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Deactivate Windows 10 License on Computer I Already Dissassembled - Similar Threads - Deactivate License Computer

2. How do I deactivate my Windows 10 Pro retail license before selling my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I deactivate my Windows 10 Pro retail license before selling my computer?: I'm going to sell my old computer. At the time I bought a Windows 10 Pro retail license so I can use again on another computer in the future. I just did a secure erase of the PC and did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. Before doing this I went to my Microsoft account and...
  3. Windows 10 license and VM running on licensed computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license and VM running on licensed computer: My client has a number of Dell computers that all came with Windows 10 Pro. We would now like to spool up a virtual machine for testing on the physical comptuter's Hyper-V submodule. Q1: Are we allowed to do that with the Windows 10 Pro that came with the Dell computer Q2:...
  4. 2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro

2014-2015 Computers Already Licensed Windows 10 Pro: Hello all, I've run into a bit of confusion. So I'm in the process of converting a ton of old computers at my worksite from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I've only done 3 computers so far, and during the first computer's installation I was prompted to put in a license...
  5. Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC)

Windows 10 transferable license deactivation (selling PC): Hello everybody, I’d like to ask about deactivation Windows 10 PC. I have transferable license of Windows 10 on a PC and I would like to sell this PC without this license. Of course, I will format and securely erase HDD, but when new owner makes fresh PC installation,...
  6. Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?

Able to remotely deactivate Windows 10 Pro license on an employee's personal computer?: We purchased Windows 10 Professional for an employee to download onto her personal computer. If she leaves the company, do we have any ability to remove that product key or use it again for a new employee? Or is that license "gone"? My guess is we don't have that ability,...
  7. deactivate visio pro 2016 license

deactivate visio pro 2016 license: Just left company and Visio Pro 2016 license was setup using my personal MS account. Obviously no longer need and need to deactivate the license for another employee to use. How to do this?...
  8. Windows 10 deactivated even though I got Windows 10 Pro license from being in the Windows...

Windows 10 deactivated even though I got Windows 10 Pro license from being in the Windows...: "If you install the latest Windows 10 preview (build 10130) on a machine and use a Microsoft Account that's registered for the Windows Insider program then you'll get the final version of Windows 10 free. "...
  9. Can I deactivate the "Your Windows License will expire soon" message?

Can I deactivate the "Your Windows License will expire soon" message?: I used slmgr /xpr command on the command prompt I read that my license will expire 1/11/2019. Can I deactivate the "Your Windows License will expire soon" message? It pops up during my games and it pauses it in inconvenient times. It's annoying....
  10. Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro deactivated and reverted to Home license: I have been using Windows 10 Pro since release, upgraded from a Windows 8.1 Pro retail license (I believe I still have the original packaging somewhere). Today an "Activate Windows" notice popped up on my screen, and the activation troubleshooter informs me that I have a...